b0se

• Last visited

Posts posted by b0se

1. Originally posted by osirisx@Aug 12 2003, 11:41 PM

Could someone help, this mod is only for my personal preference. I dislike (Example : Internet Explorer) vert/horiz dividers between toolbars/addressbar and links bar. Cant remember how to edit the msstyles to achieve this. Please help...

Just right click the toolbar, then select Lock Toolbar... and they dissapear :) I turn them off myself...

Thanks for the comments guys

2. Originally posted by Voodoo411@Aug 12 2003, 10:24 PM

b0se,

There's something wrong with your Lucida Grande fonts. There's no regular style, only bold/italic/bold italic. the regular style is displayed the same as bold

You're right...

Will habve to take link down and come with more simple way to replace font than safe mode :/

3. YOU MUST INSTALL THE SUPPLIED FONTS OR THE TABS WILL NOT SKIN CORRECTLY

If windows won't let you delete the old Lucida Grande, switch your style to Windows Classic, then bring up task manager and end any application that may have been using the Lucida font (including Firewalls etc). After deleting, simply DRAG the Lucida Grande from from the Puma\fonts directory into the Fonts window. Load any variant via the themes and you're away :)

To test to see if you have the right fonts installed, bring up the Display Properties box, and there should only be one line of tab headers,, no more.

Hi,

First off, big thanks to KoL for giving me permission to mod his Smooth Stripes Sunken visual style.

Latest Version: Puma Final (v3.0)

Updates since 2.0:

- Added Professional colour (AKA Gold)

- More accurate fonts

- Enhanced accuracy of interface

- Fixed small bugs

- Shellstyles! Thanks brewman

- New mouseovers on scrollbars

- New wallpapers

Updates since 1.5:

- 'No Border' versions

- Enhanced accuracy of interface

- Fixed Mozilla / Pheonix scrollbar bug

- Tweaked colours

Updates since 1.0:

- New start button (apple logo)

- More accurate (and much nicer) fonts

- Borderless versions

- Improved look and feel

- Enhanced taskbar look and feel

- Accuracy tweaking

- Fixed Mozilla scrollbar bug

- Fixed too small start panel

Permissions and Thanks

- KoL: Puma is an authorised mod of KoL's Smooth Stripes 2.8 Sunken visual style,

big thanks goes out to KoL for the permission and efforts creating Smooth Stripes.

Download more great themes from KoL's website, www.StudioTwentyEight.com.

- brewman: For his excellent shell styles.

- Binary: Permission to include his great OSX4XP cursor set.

- Jace: Beta testing!

- Xero: Original author of OSXLinedDark wallpaper.

- digitaljames: Author of the excellent AppleGold (PantherPro) background.

- rjohnstone: Object Desktop Dock

- Naughty Dogg: Yz Dock themes

About

Puma is a professional style that contains 4 colour variations, Puma, Professional, Snow and Gun Metal.

Each colour has its own:

- Shellstyle

- MobyDock

- Yz Dock

- Object Desktop Dock

- 5 Wallpapers to suit all themes (I only added the shadow)

- OSX4XP Cursor set

Install recommendations

- Extract zip contents to '\Windows\Resources\Themes', using folder names.

- Make sure you select the desired theme via Display Properties -> Themes.

This will automatically load the matching wallpaper and cursor set. Handy :)

- Use Classic view for explorer windows for more accurate OSX emulation

(Tools -> Folder Options -> [Check] Use Windows Classic folders)

- Use the BLACK cursor scheme

(Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers [Combo] Scheme: Windows Black)

- Large icons

- Install fonts

(drag them from '\Windows\Resources\Themes\Puma\fonts' into your '\Windows\Fonts' directory)

- Use Mac-like font smoothing (much nicer on the eye)

(Display Properties -> Appearance -> Effects -> [Tick] Use the following....screen fonts

-> [Combo] ClearType)

- Use large icons

(Display Properties -> Appearance -> Effects -> [Tick] Use Large Icons)

- Extract the MobyDock skin folders into

(copy and paste folders under '\Windows\Resources\Themes\Puma\MobyDock' into your '\Program Files\MobyDock\dockconfig\Skins' directory)

IMPORTANT: Known Issues

- When using 'No Border' styles, caption bars on dialog boxes (e.g. Display Settings panel) are

1 pixel too short either side. This does not happen on explorer windows (which is what you view

99% of the time - hence no real problem). Why this happens os beyond me (atm, anyway).

- When you select the desired theme via Display -> Themes, the Link Select cursor (the Hand)

will not load. This is apparent in all themes and has to be loaded manually via

Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers. Select Link Select (at bottom of list), change and point

to '\Windows\Resources\Themes\Puma\OSX4XP\Link Select.cur'

- Sometimes when appying a theme, e.g. [Puma] Pro No Border (by far the best!), the shadow on

the wallpaper is far too large. Simply right click on the taskbar and select Lock / Unlock taskbar

and it will sort itself out.

Screenshots

(click to enlarge)

Puma Default

PumaT.png

Snow

SnowT.png

Gun Metal

GunT.png

Finally, Puma Professional

ProT.png

Link

Download @ DeviantART

Comments welcome!

4. I've made the buttons a lot less distorted. Unfortunately, distortion happens with every OSX theme due to the shape of the buttons.

Regarding borderless: There is absolutely nothing I can do about that I'm afraid. The good news is thats its only on dialogs, and not the main explorer (or any other normal apps) windows (which you look at 99% of the time).

If you want borderless, you'll have to live with it :)

I might port that style over seperately, but it won't be included in this theme.

Will be releasing Puma 3.0 Final in an hour or two :)