NighthawkF117

• Last visited

Everything posted by NighthawkF117

1. Hi There is still a small bug with fan mode on a 24" monitor, as you can see in the picture.
  2. As Schmrom says, Windows 7 version 6801 is a beta and not illegal to use/test. I can only see Microsoft benefit from as many beta testers as possible, this will make the final version even better than it already is.
  3. Hi bennec83 here you can get it however, remember to scan the iso file. I got mine from a good friend from USA who visited Microsoft's PDC conference. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4476097 OR http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4477744/Wi...ild_6801_(64bit) To unlock the new Taskbar see: http://www.withinwindows.com/2008/11/02/fl...eme-workaround/
  4. Hi all I just want to inform all of you, that the stack+standalonestack works perfect on Windows 7 64 bit. The new taskbar is very good, perhaps my dock will not be in use anymore;)
  5. @matonga The fan mode still needs a little make over on a 24" display (1920x1200). See picture fanmode.jpg
  6. The stack still needs a little adjustment on a 24” display See stack-1.0.0.59.jpg (1920x1200) however I must say that I like the fan mode better in the old 1.0.0.28 version (smaller radius) stack-old radius.jpg and stack-new radius.jpg.
  7. @robross0606 Do you mean something like this? See Vista7.jpg
  8. @Nibbler336 Stay away from this registry tweaks, it makes more problems than good in Vista. The best way to remove shortcut arrows in Vista. is to use the program Vista Shortcut Manager from w w w.frameworkx.com/download.aspx?a=83&m=84 There is a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of Vista Shortcut Manager however, you need to bring back your registry settings you have made. I do not have any kind of problems with my Dock/Stack on Vista 64 bit Please remember you must have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable installed.
  9. @matonga I like the idea of left and right side in the fan mode. If you can make it, the stack will get even better. As you can see in my picture FanMode2.jpg (post 19) the fan mode is almost working on my 24” display (1920x1200)
  10. @matonga Hi again The fan mode is very close to be correct now (This folder has 33 folders/Icons) see picture FanMode2.jpg It looks like the radius of the fan mode is bigger now, if it is possible, I prefer the smaller previous radius. Regards Torben
  11. @matonga Fan mode is still broken if you have more than 13 icons in your folder (My resolution is 1920x1200) See picture: FanMode.jpg
  12. @broadway_dude Can you give us more details about your system, display resolution and maybe Print Screen etc? As you can see in my post (16) the fan mode (Version 1.0.0.39) does not work as it should. My system: Windows Vista 64 bit SP1 Dell 24" 1920x1200 Dock= ObjectDock
  13. @matonga Here are two pictures of the problems with the new stack version 1.0.0.39 The FAN mode seems to work a little strange, Programs stack opens like jfty009260 does. See picture: stack-fan1.jpg. The FAN mode of my Vista folder opens more than 12 icons however, the last of them at the top are broken. See picture: stack-Fan2.jpg.
  14. @matonga Here is a picture, my resolution is 1920x1200 Seems to need a little more work;)
  15. @anon696 See his (ChristianS) post 10 on page 41 On page 42 first posts, you can see 2 pictures that show how it works Feel free to ask again if you need more help;)
  16. @anon696 It is possible to have a stack within the stack (opening a sub folder from the stack in fan or grid mode), if you also make use of the standalonestack made by ChristianS. You can download it from his site here: w ww.chrisnsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/standalonestack.zip (remove the space)
  17. Having two or more stacks open at the same time, may be a little hard to program, since you need to make sure that the stacks have some distant from each other, at least in fan mode. I can only see the point to do that with the grid mode however, I really don’t need it. Also the stack will need a close button like an open folder. Only thing I would like to see, is the opportunity to have more than 12 Icons in the fan mode, since I am on a Dell 24” Display. Again, thanks to ChristianS for making it possible to use the stack as standalone and open sub folders from the stack in my Dock. Hope you can get in contact with Matonga;) In Vista1.jpg you can see my stack in fan mode, and in Vista2 you see the Vista folder opens as a sub folder in grid mode.
  18. @ChristianS Thanks, your program and Matongas stack works great in the Taskbar, and I can also add it to my stack in the Dock (ObjectDock), and use it to open a new sub stack/folder in grid or fan mode. You two should start a co-operation My system: Intel QX6700 OC to 3.2 GHz Intel BAD AXE2 2 Raptor 150 GB in RAID 0 ATI X1950XT 4 GB Kinston RAM 24 Dell display OS Windows Vista SP1 64 bit Regards Torben
  19. @ChristianS Interesting with a stack in the Taskbar
  20. @basketballxprt92 Copy the stack folder to: C:Program FilesStardockObjectDockDocklets (32 bit windows) or C:Program Files (x86)StardockObjectDockDocklets (Windows 64 bit) Then add the stack in your Dock, See picture how to do it in ObjeckDock
  21. @DieseL1988 Matonga said something about that there is no Autohide function in the SDK kid from StarDock however, stardock will soon release a new Dock, ObjectDock 1.95 http://www.stardock.com/coming_soon/objectdock.asp Take a look at the Video; they will make a fly out, so you can open subfolders. I am not sure if this will be for the plus version only, or it will be in the freeware version too. Anyway there may be a hope that Stardock release a new 1.95 SDK with an Autohide function, so Matonga can use it in his Stack;) Edit: I don’t know if there is an onmouseover function in the SDK, if there is, maybe this could be used to force the stack to stay open as long as your mouse is on the icons in the stack, and if a delay function (1 or 2 sec) before the stack hide also could be build in, this may solve the problems you have.
  22. @Shortcut Tweak UI is NOT compatible with Windows Vista, even by forcing Tweak UI to install by setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2, and the registry tweaks you can find on the Internet to remove the overlay from Icons, can give a lot of problems on Vista. The best way to remove the overlay from your Icons in Vista, is the program Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover from Frameworkx: http://www.frameworkx.com/Frameworkx/solution.aspx?id=632 Please note that there is a 64 bit and a 32 bit version of Vista Shortcut Manager, and do not use the program on XP. PS. I am on Windows Vista 64 bit with the latest SP1 RC version 744, and the stack docklets work very well with ObjectDock 1.9 (freeware vision)
  23. Hi Matonga/AlexS I cannot notice any kind of problems with Windows Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover and your program or others, it works very well. To AlexS I cannot recreate the problems you have with pointing a stack to a Search folder on Vista 64 bit however, the Search function has change in Vista SP1 which I am on and it seems to work. If you want to try/test Vista SP1 v.744 see here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en
  24. To AlexS and other Vista user Since you are on Vista you may find this program usefull if you don't know it. It is a small program that can remove the Shortcut Overlay from your icons. http://www.frameworkx.com/Frameworkx/solution.aspx?id=632
  25. Hi DieseL1988 I do agree with you that autohide can give some problems if you move your mouse to fast out from the stack icon in the Dock. I hope Matonga can fix autohide, when you click on the stack icon in the Dock, and move fast up to the icons in the stack. Right now it is possible, but only if you move your mouse very slow out from the stack icon in the Dock. If this can be done I believe the stack with autohide is close to be perfect. DieseL1988 if you use ObjectDock, take a look at the Picture, these settings works best with the stack when the Dock is set to Autohide. BTW the Autohide closing randomly looks only to be a problems as long you move up/out directly from the stack icon (in the Dock) If you click a stack and then move right or left away from the stack icon first, then you can move your mouse fast up to the icons in the stack without or at least less randomly closing. Regards Nighthawk