GfulDedFan

• Last visited

About GfulDedFan

• Birthday 09/19/1956

GfulDedFan's Achievements

1. All of the Bogart movies especially Casablanca.
  2. It helps to know how you'll use it... what applications you're going to run. I suggest an HP overall.
  3. I think you're being a little too impatient. Leave it plugged in for a while and see if things change. When you take the battery all the way down instead of recharging when it gives you a warning it needs to charge for a while to even show that it's charging let alone turn on.
  4. From all that I've read, it seems like: If you have xp... stay put. If you have vista... go 7.
  5. I emulated. I joined. I switched. I monitor. I'm very appreciative for all of this sites help in my emulation endeavors. I actually got an HP laptop to look and act just like a Mac. Unfortunately, the resource hit was tremendous. Once I switched there's no need to emulate anymore but I feel an allegiance to this sight that got me started. -GDF
  6. You can buy the phone without the AT&T contract but not at that price. The $99 and $199 become $299 and $499...............
  7. You might try googling Wallpaper 1920 x 1200 and see what you can find. When I tried the results were in your favor. -GDF
  8. I purchased the Belkin Cooling Stand for my MacBook and it works quite well. I'm not sure how well it would work with a large 17" notebook. Best Buy has this discounted to $20 frequently. -GDF
  9. They're letting the line get a little longer........
  10. A+ No more reading small tabs and constant refreshing. My son showed me a preview during beta but I waited for the release. Sweet!!
  11. Amazing how this thread keeps resurrecting. Makes me want to switch again.
  12. Me: 2 MacBooks, 1 hp notebook Wife: 1 ibm thinkbook (company issued) Daughter: 1 PowerBook Son 1 PowerBook, 1 MacBook Pro The House: 1 Mac Mini, 2 sony desktops 10
  13. I'm a little lost on the sidebar thing but to fix or change the icon you were on the right track. Goto the Get Info window, click the current icon (it then puts a blue box around it) and then simply drag a new one over the top of it and let go. Changed. -GDF
  14. Isn't the default drive the one with the OS installed on it?
  15. All that I can think of is a suggestion to try and run the .dmg file from an external drive instead.