• Last visited

About Panta

• Birthday 09/05/1959

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

Panta's Achievements

1. I'll start deleting any further posts asking when it'll be ready!!
  2. As soon as bobah starts releasing the new version, the whole forum will be reorganized to keep sticky topics for this new version apart from the old ones. This way we'll be able to focus on requests, help topics, support stuff and so on for XWD 2.0.0 the same way we do today for v5.6 without mixing them.
  3. This thread will remain closed until some sign of further development of XWD is seen... Thread Closed.
  4. For choosing the license model, the best reference site is the Open Source Initiative: http://www.opensource.org/ I just added a CC license in order to somehow protect bobah's intellectual property...
  5. A Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license note has been added so that bobah's work can be recognized and his choose of a not-for-profit software can be preserved. Thanks for everything my friend!
  6. Hi folks! Yes, I'm still over here, although just trying to keep the forum minimally organized for the benefit of our still increasing user base, as my current health condition forbids me of being more active... The last time I talked to bobah he told me he had no time at all to spend with this project in the foreseeable future, due to his current work. From what I understand, he intends to keep total ownership of the code and has no intention in releasing it publicly; thus, I don't see it happening unless he really changes his mind. I'll merge this thread with the off-topic one after some time. For now, it'll remain as is, giving it more visibility so that, if bobah sees fit, he can give a better answer than mine... Cheers, Panta
  7. Hi vemod, thanks for replying. I really hope that some day you consider this migration, down the road... No, not at all... if so, I would've stated so; I don't see .net as the best technology myself, preferring to be much more in control of things - and that's one of the reasons I don't like VB either... I'm an old C++/Java developer and advocate. As of VS.NET, there's always the free, express edition, that can be used if needed... Anyway, this seems to be a very promising emulation implementation of the much waited Cover Flow interface, so I wish you the best luck and will be waiting for the possible migration... ps: btw, coverJuke (formerly coverPlay) is indeed a functionally good open source C++ reference implementation and the (somehow messy) source-code comes with the download of the application itself at SourceForge...
  8. Hi vemod, anything about this?
  9. Great addon but... any plans for a safer version for Vista/Seven users - i.e., not using VB6/DX8 but a compatible technology instead?
  10. Either search or read the FAQ before asking: http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=51531
  11. It's dead... at least for now. You'll have to ask bobah if you want to be sure tho.
  12. Yep, I know it from my XP and earlier times, but it's not Vista-ready... so, not for anyone - not anymore... Edit: anyone considering the use of Startup Delayer should first take a look at its forum before even trying...
  13. This is a long shot but, anyway... I have already observed at my notebook that sometimes when another process 'eats up' lots of processing power - for any reason - XWD eventually crashes, most of the time in a silent way: it simply closes! At startup time, depending on the processing power, amount of memory and amount of processes being started, it might be the case that XWD could crash for the same 'hidden' reasons; remember that WinXX startup sequence is not deterministic at all, so this may even happens only sometimes... Everybody experiencing such startup crashes is encouraged to experiment reducing the amount of processes set to run at startup to a minimum and observing if XWD crashes either stops or are reduced and reporting back, as those conditions are very user-specific and thus hard to reproduce and nail down.
  14. Dude, you have 3 posts and in all of the 3 you've mentioned this same request. Stop repeating yourself or I'll start deleting your posts!