Ghostwalker

• Last visited

Everything posted by Ghostwalker

1. I'm updating all widgets as I have time so far the only ones are Translate (search forum) and Weather almost done for release (probably one or two days to go) wished I had time to work on them 16 hrs a day but I do not. There are quit a few changes to make to the widgets to get them up to 4.5 and then days of debugging.
  2. Update guys, widget updated to version 4.5 of the Konfabulator engine. This will allow me to keep it updated if and when any updates come from Yahoo!. Added a live vitality dock now displays city name, temp and current condition icon. Still got some more to do with it mainly for international users it now excepts UK Postal codes for our friends in the Uk. Going to be looking into adding preferences for the satellite(international users) so that when the click on the radar/satellite it will take them to their custom satellite image instead of the world satellite view. I know it is taking some time but I promise it is being worked on and debugged daily/nightly.
  3. Link does not work for me I get a page not found, I may have the font but I cannot view the picture. Ok I figured out the link url... http://photobucket.com/albums/jj187/mediab...t=1244310704%27 and will look through my fonts as I'm not sure what it is so this may take awhile. Bookman Old Style(bold) is very close... http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/bookman-old-style/bold/ I have a lot more fonts to go through but not the time right now, I will look later if you don't fine it or if you find the name of the font let me know.
  4. Is this what your looking for... http://caro.officialpsds.com/Rolling-Stone...go-PSD6651.html
  5. excellent thank you very much
  6. This is what I use and works much better.
  7. I will watch this post I don't have the exact pdf icon but if you don't find one I can could go into Photoshop and make one for you 512x512 and also a 512x512 dmg png.
  8. Man you guys this is cool,vHanla works with dual monitors also. Looked cool having the genie effect pull the window from one monitor to the dock on the other monitor.
  9. I asked that also and they have a special contract with AccuWeather sorry. I´d like to have as Appleish as possible... I'm limited there, you could always use the broke widget for screenshots and the working widget for the correct information. We wanted to go with something both feeds supplied, which everything that both supplied was already in the widget so we went with the moon phase. Also according to the license agreement the Lawn & Garden, Pollen count and so forth must be links to their site sorry. I do not want to get my license removed as I have plans to create another weather widget. There are a few more things I would like to do under the hood but the look you see now will not change, If you still want it the way I have done it I will post it soon if you do not because it is not one to one I understand and will keep it to myself.
  10. Nice, I would like to see some of this in Matonga's stack docklet.
  11. I was going to ask for this also but I thought he had enough to worry about right now.
  12. Update I emailed both asking for a true 5 day forecast but unless I go there and put my foot up someones xxx I probably wont get it. I have received a license from Weather.com and have both working now in the widget. Both only provide a 5 day forecast counting today. This is not a bad idea they do not need to be the same the extra info could be different depending on what you would like added(now is the time to ask). Here is the Weather.com feed... http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/6486...e841&unit=s Let me know how you would like it and what extra info to add. Just to let everyone know the widget is coming along fine(it will be different). Me and a friend of mine in the UK are working together on this for better International support and it is being developed on Leopard and Windows XP SP3. I have added sunrise/sunset to the mini icons tooltip and a dynamic context menu that gives you links to... 1. Feed supplied by(opens the company homepage of accuweather or weather channel) 2. Open Homepage (takes you to your homepage with today's weather) 3. Open 15/10 Day Forecast (15 or 10 day forecast depending on whether you use accuweather or weather channel) 4. Open Radar/Satellite(For US cities it will be radar view for International it will be satellite view.) 5. Widget Version( will display the widget version you are using.) Some of these things need to be added to follow their license agreement. I may have to put their logo in the sixth position according to the license agreement not sure yet. I will also email SioSae and let him know of the updates(Not sure if I have an updated email I have not talked to him in a very long time). When this is done I will open a new thread with the updated version and host it until I can contact SioSae. AccuWeather: Weather Channel: You will notice two different temps and main icons showing this is due to AccuWeather and Weather Channel feeds (they don't agree on the weather). I also noticed this with Stardocks weather docklet the two accuweather feeds do not agree sometimes you will have to email accuweather and complain yourself.
  13. OK I have signed up with AccuWeather in order to get access the their feeds and changed everything in the xml file to accommodate the new feed. Still have to move all the days to the right and add the current day at the beginning. My question to everyone here is should I... a. Make it one to one with the Dashboard widget and drop weather.com b. Make two widgets one for AccuWeather and one for Weather.com c. keep it the same with both AccuWeather and Weather.com(could be conflicts of interest between the two companies) My problem is in order to use weather.com I need to add a few things to keep with their licensing contract if I have to do the same thing with Weather.com then I will have to code two separate context menus for the widget. My personal opinion is two widgets one that works with AccuWeather and one for Weather.com so as to make both companies happy. Don't want to have to update this again if they kill the feeds due to not following their guidelines. If I make two separate widgets I could then update the widget for Konfabulator engine 4.5 which will allow me to create a live vitality in the dock (maybe with options as to what you want displayed in the dock) New problem the new feed they supply gives 5 day forecast counting today(Today + 4 more). There might not be a way to get the 6 day forecast, I will email them and ask for a six day feed but don't get your hopes up. If I cannot get the sixth day feed what would you like me to do? 1. only show 5 days on the bottom 2. leave the widget as is(The current feed is no longer updated that is why it works for some cities and not others and some current temps are wrong) 3. place a fake forecast for the sixth day(bad idea) New Feed http://riddle.accu-weather.com/widget/ridd...03&metric=1
  14. Ok as long as you know. The first .wav was set to play continuously the second (Los Lonely Boys-How Far Is Heaven.mp3 )was not.
  15. I don't program windows applications but my guess for DockletDoClickAnimation would be to get it to do what the weather docklet does on click. Seems they may not want to share this info so that their docklets are the only ones with these attributes.
  16. I believe he said he did this because of a security situation with Vista. On XP I set two alarms one with .wav one with .mp3 the first one sounded off fine then came time for the second. It played the first alarm with alarm window and then the second alarm with alarm window and the wave played first then the mp3. The first alarm was already past and should not have been called again when the second appeared.
  17. The thing I hated about ObjectDock + is the fact that you cannot close one dock and open another. When you close one they both close where as Yz you could run two independent docks one with general shortcuts one with developer shortcuts and could close one of the docks if you liked.
  18. This is what the 24 hr looks like here... And these are the new buttons... Make sure you download the updated skin and ini in the previous post.
  19. Ok looking at the AccuWeather code the url it fetches from is this... http://konfab.accuweather.com/adcbin/konfabulator/widget_find_city.asp?location= Which is no longer maintained and should have been removed it will give inaccurate information. Says it is 82 degrees here when in fact it is 61 this is the new url supplied by AccuWeather since the Yahoo! takeover. Not sure yet but it looks like it might take a complete re-write of the widget. http://yahoo2.accu-weather.com/widget/yahoo2/weather-data.asp?location= I have contacted AccuWeather and they will send me a link to their api, the first problem I see is the api displays a 5 day forecast instead of 6. I'm not sure if I will be able to get a 6 day forecast without violating their developer agreement will follow up and let you know.
  20. The skin has been updated with new next and previous buttons for the alarm/world clock mode. Download
  21. That might be the easiest way (for me anyway) I think in a regular alarm clock you can set how long to snooze or maybe in increments 15-30-45-60 mins?
  22. I have never gotten back to it, you say your version works AccuWeather? If you could send me a copy that would be nice. I had weather.com working maybe I could get both to work.
  23. I for one do like the changes here although upgrading the dock I noticed the magnification is even greater so there are some things I'm going to try and clean up in the skin images to make it look more crisp same for the task docklet icon it looks blurry in the dock. - The mp3 support would be great you could wake to your favorite song. - Where to put a snooze button hmmm... - Make alarms reminder fancier. (Skinnable maybe?) Still checking all your docklets with the upgrade so far only one that I have problems with is the RSS docklet but we will wait on that one.
  24. You can skip that problem also, upgrading fixed it.