SwampCat

• Last visited

SwampCat's Achievements

1. Hi scissorhands7, Honestly, I'm not necessarily getting this advice How Poof can do that if "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\" is the legit and default folder for Photoshop installation (???) Well,... if you mean just temporarily for testing the stack... but it's better to create a new folder with brackets in the name and play with that one My regards
  2. Hi Guys, There was a question here about disabling video previews I never used the preview feature, so I decided to try it. I created a stack that points to one of my directories with videos. I cannot get previews, just the normal thumbnails are displayed showing the format , say FLV... etc. What could be wrong? or my understanding of how that's working is incorrect "Animate video thumbnails is checked" "start video preview at" is the default 10 sec Thanks in advance
  3. Hi eli2k, what settings in particular are you talking about? Can you list them? As I found user cannot rename stacks, for example if you go to settings. I consider that very inconvenient and that would be another improvement for developer to consider in addition to what was discussed above So what other settings are locked? My regards
  4. Thanks ChristianS, Sure, have a good holidays The issue with not creating shortcut on a Desktop for those who do not have default settings still exists,... but we can overcome that obstacle... by moving the shortcut to the "real desktop" That is not convenient but neither that is "deadly" ...probably you can do it in the next release after having a well deserved rest :-) Cheers!
  5. Yep! I hope that will give the developer(s) some food for the thoughts and most likely the hanging bug will be cured as well.Let's wait. As for "security mod" question... please don't get me wrong, but I will leave that unanswered for... hmmm... how can I put that diplomatically?... for "security reasons" Cheers!
  6. Hi scissorhands7. Thanks for reply. As I posted in my initial request XP Pro; SP3 In addition I have all latest patches. No question about it. And there is no question about the computer being infected (I am into security - moderator in one of the security sites) Well I may add what you asked about running security (AVG 8; Mamutu; Comodo Firewall with Defense+ (HIPS), in proactive mode) The StandaloneStack2 v2.0.5 was tested when all security Software being properly shutdown. The same result Unfortunately currently I don't have time to test all 2.xx version prior to 2.0.5, but probably that is not required. ==== What I found and that was actually pointed earlier. It is most likely about system environment var. settings The shortcuts are Created in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop and they will not show up I have to move them into my "real desktop"(!) D:\DATA\Desktop, where all desktop icons(shortcuts) reside and are created, say when you would install any Software. That is the main problem, as I see it... and that is probably why you cannot recreate it.... because (guessing) you have defaults in that respect on you XP PCs. Probably the hanging issue when deleting stack from the list is related to what was described and the problem has the same root. Now as I can recall (and I tested) I did the same trick (moving the shortcut) with version 1 The difference is I just manually pinned it to Quick Launch and sure, there is no deletion of the stack in that version (correct me if I am wrong) therefore no bug with that. My regards
  7. Hi scissorhands7, Thanks for reply. Well sorry if my description was not very clear. Despite I cannot imagine how could be "Not creating shortcut" more detailed. There is no shortcut.... and sure nothing to show as a screenshot for that scenario. At the same time I admit that when I was talking about System Environment settings I should've pointed to this site with comments; Error messages descriptions; and similar thoughts: http://www.chrisnsoft.com/2009/05/31/stand...ack-2-released/ My fault. Then I may not answer all your question but at least some at this moment. 1) I did not try any of v2.x versions except the latest 2.0.5 (and sure, as I said, v1 is still working perfectly) 2) manual creation of the shortcut as you recommended ... that somehow worked. Basically, I need to go trough that manual procedure for any new stack. There are still some problems but I have to go through some scenarios and prepare more detailed report when I have time. But that is already the progress. Thanks 3) & 4 ) It looks like unchecking the option "keep standalonestack in memory" indeed stops those crashes and hangings when deleting the stack from the list. Again, I have to work a bit more on that but the entries under the [_STACKS_] reflecting changes correctly. One more thing to add at this moment. I have to repeat all from the very beginning, because the thing is kinda settles down when the ini file already created but I have to recheck the behaviour when there is no ini file yet. Thanks again ... At least now I can believe that all can be fixes and will work as it's suppose to Cheers!
  8. I do not necessarily understand what you are trying to tell me. - I am enjoying version 1; - I tried version 2; - I described what is not working; - I pointed out that some users experiencing the same symptoms - no shortcut creation; hanging; killing the app via Task Manager because there will be as many instances as you will try running it; I added another one - inability to remove newly created name; If you have some suggestions or questions please do... As for developing it much better ... First, believe me I developed a lot of Software myself, but that is not the point. I came here in order to find some answers and probably even help because I am not complaining and demanding I am describing problems. You on the other hand throwing at me a lot of smileys, irony, "babies", "buddies" and nothing else... Thanks
  9. Hi ahmadus.Thanks fore reply, but that is not much help, since nothing wrong with my XP. Then as it was pointed version 1 still working fine. Finally if you read around including the home page & comments there are similar reports. Not creating the shortcut could be the case with different System Environment settings. Most likely you did not change those. Many people do. As for removing created Name ... have you try that? ... but that again could have the same root, since the program doesn't know (or assuming incorrectly) where that one was "created". version 1 takes all that into consideration somehow, so bugs were definitely introduced in the new version My regards
  10. Hi Guys, XP Pro SP3 I tried StandaloneStack v2.0.5 It doesn't work. version 1 was left alive in another folder and it is working perfectly. Version 2.0.5 -does not create shortcut on the Desktop; -cannot delete existing "StackName", which was just created The latter will just hang and several DrWatsons were called and hanging, several instances of StandaloneStaxk2 has to be killed via ProcessExplorer Any ideas? Thanks in advance