duyvan82

• Last visited

Everything posted by duyvan82

1. iTunes is not fully compatible with Vista as of yet. Microsoft and Apple are working together (yes you heard me right, TOGETHER) on fixing it! Hence on itunes' website it still says Windows 2000 or XP recommended...
  2. @bh2: install Bootcamp, then XP then you can fully enjoy iceman's jaguar on it :D ain't it beautiful?
  3. 1. z/OS 2. Tiger 3. SUSE 4. Vista 5. XP I chose z/OS because without it, we would be back in stone age..
  4. I've been running Parallels exclusively on my MacBook for a few months now (I just can't be bothered restarting the machine every time I want to get on Windows) and it's been a great experience, something you would expect with a Mac and OSX The new "coherence mode" is just awesome, I love the way you can launch windows apps off OSX's dock, also it's great to have just the current working window on your OSX desktop, I kind of don't like the XP/Vista desktop that much
  5. get a new graphic card, that's your best option if you can't get it working with your existing hardware. You don't need a fancy high end graphic card for that
  6. I don't agree with Ellada on Aero GUI either, I find it nice and far better than Luna. The only complain I have about it would be the drop shadow, it's far too strong in my opinion. Also, you don't necessarily need a decent high end graphic card to handle Aero desktop, as a matter of fact, I'm very satisfied with the performance on my macbook and my new Dell laptop, both are shipped with Intel GMA 950.
  7. you sound like a stinky fan boy Adam, it's true that it took them MORE than 5 years to get VIsta to the public, as if you know how their process is like, you work for them or what????? Don't pretend to know what you don't really know. And being rude makes you look like a loser.
  8. call me an arsehole but you guys sound like a bunch of hypocrites... you all download MP3s off P2P network :mad: who cares about DRM?
  9. hehe and me, I pressed printscreen on vista and waited for the screenshot to appear on my desk :mad: took me a while to realise i wasn't on OSX
  10. hey photo, what did you just smoke man? your posts sound funny I'm talking about your posts here and at MTF And no Aqua soft isn't dying, it's been like this since ever
  11. I guess (just a guess) that's how WIndows behaves.. cuz even on my MacBook with Vista, if I have my iPod plugged in Firewire, Vista won't boot..
  12. or you could just open the icns in preview app and save it as png
  13. My first Vista screenshot, everything is default, wall is from one of Vista's games. After all, Vista isn't that bad
  14. I still have a copy of Ayofe, PM me if you want it... I hope this is fine with the MODs..
  15. I've loaded up Vista Ultimate on my MacBook, everything works very well so far, I must admit that Aero Glass is much nicer compared to good old Luna I spend my time on VIsta more than on OSX lately, trying to digg deep into it hehe And to answer to your question, it doesn't seem like Vista is tight in to just one motherboard. I've got the copy through my company and so far it has been loaded on 2 different computers, a Dell Laptop and this MacBook
  16. nah it's cool man I was just joking anyway, it's funny cuz in that movie, Chris Gardner was complaining the chinese guy about that very same word LOL the chinese guy wrote "HAPPYNESS" instead of HAPPINESS hahahaha
  17. Showing off my WIP theme. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Credits: Louie, Susumu, Bz, Jet...
  18. @Iccyinyin: install safaristand (google for it), it'll make that new tab button available
  19. @Levi: I'm no fanboy man, actually I own a Mac (and soon 2) and I really hate windows! When i was saying you couldn't upgrade anything on a Mac, I was referring to the iMac or the mac mini. It is TRUE that you cannot upgrade anything besides RAM and HDD :/ no CPU/GPU upgrading for Macs (unless it's a Mac Pro) Think twice before you accuse someone of being fanboy, you really sound like one!
  20. if you are into gaming, don't get a Mac, you cannot upgrade anything on a Mac, unless it's a MacPro, which is on the other hand expensive..
  21. locate your dahsboard file by using spotlight, then right click on the widget you want to mod => show package contents, youll find all its resources including code, graphics there..
  22. on real mac, you can bring up dashboard by pressing F12 as well, just set Yahoo widget engine's keypress to F12
  23. System preferences => sound => input => select line in as your input, that should disable the builtin mic.