• Last visited

About PixelOz

• Birthday 02/03/1967

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://pixeloz.deviantart.com/

Profile Information

PixelOz's Achievements

1. This is an icon for the Spelunky game character with two slightly different variations. This particular design was created by Chris Pavia from the TigForums ([link]). He created a low poly 3D model that is his own particular interpretation of the character. I found that it was very cool and asked permission from him to publish this icon from his artwork and I also took the image and modified it carefully and created a fake “high poly†version of the same render that looks much more smoothed. I did this cause I though that a high poly version of the 3D model would look better for an icon but I also created an icon with his low poly image for respect of his low poly 3D artwork which was pretty good so choose whichever one of the two you prefer. The zip file has Windows, Mac and Png versions. It includes icons from 16 to 256 pixels in size. It has full alpha transparency with very smooth edges. You can modify it at least for your own personal use. I hope that you enjoy it. You can download it here at Deviantart: />http://fav.me/d32bxhs Or alternatively in this Mediafire folder: />http://www.mediafire.com/?a5n31do87ui7k
  2. Ver 1-2: The accompanying documents have been updated with links updated too. I found that back there it was kinda hard to find good quality emulator icons on the web so I decided to create my own set. This is a set of icons I made for game console emulators, it is photographic but is very comprehensive and the pictures are very clean. I wanted to do them in illustration vector style but it would have taken me too long to do it with my spare time. I also have an entry in Deviant for an old computers icons set. Despite this all the pictures have been cleaned thoroughly, color corrected (for the most part) and fully smoothed alpha and just finding good quality photos for this was a huge job. I had to clean a lot of artifacts, finger smudges, dirt in many of them and correct other problems to make the photos look as clean as you see them. It includes Windows, Mac and Png versions. The Windows icons are in Vista format (The 256 x 256 pixels size icons inside the .ico files are Png compressed) but they are Win XP compatible as well. Also there are people that like the photographic versions for their particular taste or for other purposes like using them as clipart so I also provide a link to a larger 512 pixel version set (that one has less quantity of the icons but they are the most commonly used) You may modify them for personal use. You can obtain a zip file that contains everything at Deviantart in my gallery. I don't know why but these items do no display the direct to page download code as other submissions that I have in Deviantart (maybe an old error from Deviantart) so I will give you the link to my gallery instead. Once there navigate to the last page in my gallery with the controls at the bottom of the Deviantart page and you will be able to see the console and computer icons entries: http://pixeloz.deviantart.com/gallery/ Alternate Mediafire download folder: http://www.mediafire.../?a5n31do87ui7k
  3. This is the famous Amiga Boing Ball as an icon set with 6 slightly different variations. The first two are pretty much like the original ball but with no shading, the second pair is the same but shaded and the third pair is rounded smooth and shaded. This is already a version 1.2 Update. Also know that the white background is only for display purposes but the icons have full alpha transparency with very smooth edges. It includes a Blender 3D model file too and in this version it was improved to correcte a small distortion of the ball in the upper and lower parts and it has a much more rounded, smoother sphere plus it includes an additional alpha version in two new other layers (one straight, one inclined) that has the red color transparent (only in this Blender 3D model). I did this cause I though that some Amiga fans might like the nostalgic icon. The Amiga was a computer that I respected for it's value and cause I included the Blender 3D file in the zip file you can create any additional one at any other angle or resolution that you want or perhaps you can make one with the transparent material or whatever you please. It has Windows, Mac and Png versions. The Windows and Mac versions include icons from 16 to 256 pixels in size. The Png set includes images up to 512 pixels in size so if you want to modify the Mac icons to include a 512 pixel size you can do it if you have a program that can add the 512 pixel size Png to the icns file. I can't do it cause my icons program can only do it to a maximum of 256 pixels. You can modify it at least for your own personal use. I hope that you enjoy it. You can get it here at Deviantart: http://fav.me/d31mt6o Or in this alternate Mediafire folder: />http://www.mediafire.com/?a5n31do87ui7k
  4. This is an icon I made out of the Blender 3D model of a Jedi Training Remote that I did previously with which I also made a wallpaper. It still doesn’t have the “dirty†textures so it will be an Episode I version like I did with the wallpaper until the textures are done. It has full alpha transparency in the background with very smooth edges. It has Windows, Mac and Png versions. The Windows and Mac versions include icons from 16 to 256 pixels in size. The Png set includes images up to 512 pixels in size so if you want to modify the Mac icons to include a 512 pixel size you can do it if you have a program that can add the 512 pixel size Png to the icns file. I can't do it cause my icons program can only do it to a maximum of 256 pixels. You can modify it at least for your own personal use. I hope that you enjoy them. You can download it here at Deviantart: http://fav.me/d36da49 Or at this alternate Mediafire folder: http://www.mediafire.../?a5n31do87ui7k
  5. Homer Loves Sci-Fi Like PixelOz Icons Set Ver 1.0 Note: The icons do not have a white background, they have fully alpha transparent backgrounds with very smooth edges. The white background in the thumbnails is only for display purposes. This is an icon set of Homer Simpson showing his love of sci-fi TV programs just like PixelOz. I included several different sci-fi TV shows versions including some old school ones too and one version of the icon with the original picture of the Simpsons family too. It has the 16 sci-fi icons that you see on the thumbnails + the original Simpsons family picture converted to icon too. It has Windows, Mac and Png versions. It has icons from 16 to 256 pixels in size (The Pngs are only in 256 pixels size). Now, have in mind the fact that they were really designed for higher icons sizes view so don’t expect the logos to be so readable at 32 pixel sizes or less cause it won’t work. They were really designed for sizes more like 64 pixel sizes or above. You can start to read several of them at about 48 pixel sizes. I created them more with the intention of the icons being used in programs like Rocket Dock, Startdock’s ObjectDock and similar application launchers in which you can see them at much higher sizes. You can also use the 256 icon size Pngs as cliparts too. The file includes a .psd template with blocking masks that you can use to create additional icons in case you don't find your favorite sci-fi show in the group or to create icons for other TV shows. It has instructions on how to use the template for Photoshop and for the freely available Gimp program in the PDF file that it includes. You can modify the icons at least for your own personal use. I hope that you enjoy them. Get them here at Deviantart: />http://fav.me/d5ayh64 Or use this alternate Mediafire address: />http://www.mediafire.com/?a5n31do87ui7k
  6. Link to thumbnail This is the second in the series that started with the old Apple logo wallpaper but I decided to give this one a whole different look cause the new Tron Legacy movie was in the theaters at the moment of creating the Apple wallpaper so I decided to give this one a color scheme and illumination somewhat similar to the movie theme. This is another wallpaper that I did as a tribute to the golden days of computing in the 80s when computers still had limited colors and sound and when they still had limited multimedia capabilities but they were starting to move very fast in that direction. Those were the days when personal computers were starting to move into the mainstream which led to their eventual acceptance in the 90s as another household item so the pretty logo may bring back some fond memories for some people. It is also a tribute to the old Atari 2600 video games console which I had back there that gave me lots of hours of fun even with its small power and very limited graphics. In those times they were great graphics (imagine that) and it was the machine that popularized the idea of changing the games through the use of cartridges. It's in many resolutions from 1024 x 768 all the way to 2560 x 1600 pixels in several different aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc. and I also adapted it to 4:6 ratio IPhone format with 320 x 480 resolution and also 640 x 960 resolution. It has no compression cause it’s saved in .bmp format (it is compressed in the zip file but this is lossless compression). Any limitations will only come from the inherent limitations of 32 bits total color (24 bits + 8 bits alpha), if it wasn’t for that the color transitions would be far smoother (too bad) cause the original rendering was done in full 128 bits total colors (96 bits + 32 bits alpha) in Open EXR format. There is simply always a loss when downsampling to 32 bits total colors. The IPhone versions were cropped from the high res render so they are not as optimal but they still look a bit good and they also have the old Atari letters logo in them. I wanted to do something in 3D with a pseudo sci-fi theme cause I like sci-fi a lot. It was started in Blender 2.49b and finished in Blender 2.5x (about the second half of the work) for the Apple version and the color changes to the Atari version were all done in the new Blender and one of the reasons that I moved it to the new Blender fast was because it had a much faster renderer and I was planing to use the internal Blender renderer only and see what it could do cause it has become quite capable and one can get pretty decent results with it with a little bit of effort. It took quite a while to render (22 hours and 45 minutes) even on a i7 2.66 Ghz CPU using almost all threads (7 threads) cause I rendered it in very high resolution and it uses ambient occlusion and quite a few lights with many samples. It took less than the approximately 36 hours that the Apple logo version took due to optimizations that I did in the lighting. And just like the other it also has some post processing in Photoshop CS4 for some glow effects and a bit of correction of color and light in some areas. So you may be wondering why I chose the .bmp format for this release instead. The reason for this is because of the limitations of the 32 bit image format (24 bit colors + 8 bit alpha transparency). When I did this version as a darker look I noticed that even when choosing 100 compression quality in .jpg files it was still too noisy and I didn’t like it so I decided to use the Windows native .bmp format to distribute them. This increased the zip file size but you can then use the wallpaper with much better quality in Windows. Now when you try to set the image as a Set as Desktop Background function of Windows Vista and Windows 7 even if it is a .jpg, .png or .bmp it will save the image to a special folder as a .jpg and with a lot of bad compression. To prevent this read the included tutorial titled: HowToPreventWallpaperArtifactsInWinVista&Win7Ver1-0.pdf So there it is, I hope that some people from the old school of computing, video games and/or sci-fi fans like me and others like it. Recently updated: Final version 1-2 is slightly more illuminated because version 1-0 was a bit too dark. Also there are a few improvements in version 1-2 such as slight color adjustments in the gray areas because in some monitors they were displaying kinda bluish cause the tones (hues) were incorrect and I improved this. Also the computer display has been moved to its correct position cause it was wrong from the first wallpaper (the Apple version) and I finally decided to fix it. There are also some other minor improvements. All this required it to be re-rendered and reprocessed. Download zip file at Deviantart: My link And also at Mediafire: My link In Deviantart if you want to see my other free things you just click on the View Gallery link at the right of the page.
  7. Renerating Nostalgia - Apple Wallpaper HD Thumbnail: My link Hi I'm PixelOz, I'm a graphic artist and a computer tinkerer and I am new to this forum so I say hello to all you guys! This is a wallpaper that I did in Blender 3D as a tribute to the golden days of computing in the 80s when computers still had limited colors and sound and when they still had limited multimedia capabilities but they were starting to move very fast in that direction. Those were the days when personal computers were starting to move into the mainstream which led to their eventual acceptance in the 90s as another household item so the pretty logo may bring back some fond memories for some people. It's in many resolutions from 1024 x 768 all the way to 2560 x 1600 pixels in several different aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc. and I also adapted it to 4:6 ratio IPhone format with 320 x 480 resolution and also 640 x 960 resolution. I used very little compression to preserve a higher quality. The IPhone versions were cropped from the high res render so they are not as optimal but they still look a bit good and they also have the old Apple letters logo in them. I wanted to do something in 3D with a pseudo sci-fi theme cause I like sci-fi a lot. It was started in Blender 2.49b and finished in Blender 2.5x (about the second half of the work) and one of the reasons that I moved it to the new Blender fast was because it had a much faster renderer and I was planing to use the internal Blender renderer only and see what it could do cause it has become quite capable and one can get pretty decent results with it with a little bit of effort. It took quite a while to render (like a day and a half) even on a i7 2.66 Ghz CPU with all 8 threads cause I rendered it in very high resolution and it uses ambient occlusion and quite a few lights with many samples. It also has some post processing in Photoshop CS4 for some glow effects and a bit of correction of color and light in some areas. So there it is, I hope that some people from the old school of computing and/or sci-fi fans like me and others like it. You can modify it as long as it is for your own personal use. Links: Deviantart: My link Mediafire: My link