nightcrawler1089

Developers
  • Last visited

Posts posted by nightcrawler1089

1. Haven't logged on for four years, was struck by a random whim today to see what had become of the forum. Nice to see it's around for posterity's sake. Like Timan said, I did indeed grow up and buy a Mac. Lots of good memories associated with this site, though. And some familiar names on this thread!

Cheers,

NC

2. I searched still can't find the answer , i look in several thread , found no fix .. Can you provide the link to said thread ? I have old build of this but friend downloaded the latest build and he having the exact same problem . Rebooting put it in default mode and doesn't save are position or settings . We both are using vista .

Note: found this thread http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=48576 but link in it doesn't link to the thread for the fix. vrw this is on page 5 . Just need link to the fix .

Make your changes, make a backup copy of the revised .ini file, then restart your computer. Now move the revised .ini file back as the actual one in use (close the dock before you do this). Subsequent restarts should keep your changes preserved.

Cheers,

NC

3. Same old rules, guys ...

Desktop Guidelines:

• Do NOT post multiple desktops in a single post.
    • You are allowed to have discussion in this thread but keep it on topic: requests and questions are fine, but nothing else. Posts will be deleted at moderators discretion.
    • Keep this thread clean! No nudity in any image posted here, keep all thumbnails PG rated. If the fullsized image of your desktop contains nudity, warn the user that it is not safe to click. Failing to comply with this rule will result in a one day suspension.
    • Ripping and releasing themes is not allowed.
    • Posting screenshots of themes that are not yet released is allowed, so long as it's okay with the author(s). One week-ban if this is infringed once, with increasing penalties for more infractions. Authors should contact Timan, nightcrawler1089, or SirSmiley with complaints. They will be promptly addressed--first and foremost, we'll always support authors and developers.
    • Make sure you don't hotlink DevArt images--upload your thumbnails to another site.
    • To link a preview to a larger image, use the following code:
      [url=http://path_to_full_image] [img=http://_path_to_thumbnail] [/url]

If you are going to quote a post remove the image from within the

quote, otherwise you will be suspended for a day.

Please note, all forum rules apply in this thread. Any rules broken will result in a warning or ban at moderator's discretion. Most importantly, report rules violations. Members found to be moderating will be suspended.

4. Happy New Year Aquasofters! 48mins to go on my clock... lets have a few mins to think about old friends, Contra, Goku, Duckie, Seph, Stevie BM, Grim, Taha (?), UnBe, Timmie, Ave, and all the others I've missed. Of course Timmie is still here. And the massive 'NightClawler' Oops.. I mean "NightCrarwer'... obviously! Hic! Glurk!... where he?

Hic!

Heh, I miss those guys :(. And of course, I missed you most of all, bh2, in my extended absence. :P

Happy New Year's, everyone!

-NC

5. shadyblues13, stop double posting. I'd also appreciate it if you would either link your mockup/screenshot or make it slightly smaller, as it's breaking the layout.

KAWSquared, whether or not your post was constructive is debatable. That it was rude is fairly obvious. Likewise for your recent post in the "red chair icon" thread, which I took the liberty of deleting. Tone it down, hmm?

Happy New Year's to you both ;).

-NC

6. Stardock's customer support is usually pretty good. You'll probably get an email some time soon.

I'm not sure what the specific problem is, but sometimes web forms will complain if there's any unusual punctuation. This includes periods and the like: have you tried editing the address section and removing anything that's not alphanumeric?

Cheers,

NC

P.S: I cleaned up this thread a bit and removed the parts concerning warez, as they were offtopic.

7. T3N0R10, please read the rules. Try, if possible, to speak English ;).

//Edit: Thread Cleaned Up. iPxndx, as an administrator, I am entitled to post in threads regarding administrative matters without necessarily commenting on the contents of the thread itself. Moreover, your response to Church Punk's comment, regardless of whether or not the whole thing occurred based on a misunderstanding, is unacceptable. Consider this a warning – next infraction will produce a one-day ban.

KAWSquared and Church Punk, I hate to be a "tough guy" about this, but your advice, though spot-on and useful, was offtopic and only exacerbated the situation. In the future, I can take care of things myself ;).

-NC

8. Desktop Guidelines:

• Do NOT post multiple desktops in a single post.
    • You are allowed to have discussion in this thread but keep it on topic: requests and questions are fine, but nothing else. Posts will be deleted at moderators discretion.
    • Keep this thread clean! No nudity in any image posted here, keep all thumbnails PG rated. If the fullsized image of your desktop contains nudity, warn the user that it is not safe to click. Failing to comply with this rule will result in a one day suspension.
    • Ripping and releasing themes is not allowed.
    • Posting screenshots of themes that are not yet released is allowed, so long as it's okay with the author(s). One week-ban if this is infringed once, with increasing penalties for more infractions. Authors should contact Timan, nightcrawler1089, or gnomexp with complaints. They will be promptly addressed--first and foremost, we'll always support authors and developers.
    • Make sure you don't hotlink DevArt images--upload your thumbnails to another site.
    • To link a preview to a larger image, use the following code: [NOPARSE]href='http://path_to_full_image' target="_blank">
      [/NOPARSE]

If you are going to quote a post remove the image from within the

quote, otherwise you will be suspended for a day.

Please note, all forum rules apply in this thread. Any rules broken will result in a warning or ban at moderator's discretion. Most importantly, report rules violations. Members found to be moderating will be suspended.

P.S: Hi guys ;). -NC

9. Apple Mail.

(gotta love the dock icon, with the little red "you've got mail" number indicator, and the simplicity, makes it easy to search, filter and sort your mail and multiple mailboxes. Simple. Easy. Smooth.)

I've always thought the search features were a bit lacking...too oversimplified, basically. It's impeded me more than once, though I've usually found what I wanted in the end.

-NC