shinter

• Last visited

Everything posted by shinter

1. Average price in sweden for 10/10 Mbit Fiber is 7~10 dollars a month from most ISP's. Average price for 30/10 Mbit is 12ish dollars per month. Average price for 100/10 Mbit is 15ish dollars. 100/100 Mbit fiber is around 20 bux. speeds from 1.4 megbyte per sec and up to 14 megs per sec. I got 100/10 mbit
  2. It's not the dock (rk launcher dock btw) it self thats reflecting windows but a very very veeery old app that i remember myself using ages ago. It just clicked in my head when i saw the new osx dock..."hmm i think i know how to almost do that on xp XD" Then i googled for this ancient thingie. However i think its for pc only. Maybe theres something similar for mac but i havent seen it. It's called GT Ripple ( www.gtdesktop.com ). Wat it basiclly does is create a layer on top of your desktop wallpaper that reflects/ripples anything above it. Thanks to the options in the Gt Ripple config window you can even make it act as a mirror (set frequiency of ripples and such untill it stands still) and even set a mask of wich part on the desktop you want it to reflect. In my case i set the mask to reflect within my rk launcher dock background. Too bad we can't set the Z order of the Gt Ripple layer cause right now it sits exacly above the desktop background level and wont reflect if dock is set to be on top cause it doesnt follow it. If u have any more questions do pm me
  3. Mine for July: CLICK THERE RAWR! >>> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60993138/ Xp and a bunch of apps. If u wonder wat's wat do pm me
  4. Mine for June. Inspired by apples latest baby. No preview but i think u might like my dock with realtime reflections like leo so go check it on: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58266295/ Any questions feel free to msg ^^
  5. Not sure exactly witch color represents that gray border but do a little bit of trial and error testing until u track it down. Change one, reload skin, change another, reload skin and so on ^^
  6. That gray border is a part of the classic windows colorscheme. One of the colors Xp uses for windows colors is also associated with that gray frame broder. Change the color of that to white and u can get "rid" of it. If you run windowblinds it can be edited in the themes config file under Colours section.
  7. You cant boot from windows cd at all? Make sure bios is set to boot from cd (just checkin that thing first in case it might help). If you manage to boot from xp cd you could install a new copy of windows and if he has a cd burner of some sort install nero or some other cd burning tool just to save his files. Theres also some linux releases that dont require installation but boot off a cd rom that u cud burn for him. That might help backing up his files as well. Just throwing some ideas that i wud try if that happend to me.
  8. Installing (xp)...Reloggin brb :x k back..niiifty app ^^ Thanks for finding this warius and great work to the app creator.
  9. i followed that link and did some more search on those two names and after 2-3 hours of reading ended up here: http://www.designinginteractions.com/interviews some of those ppl (havent checked all the interviews) worked in some way on apple gui before and today. really nice to see the faces behind aqua ^^ I havent found the name of the dude that went to ms to work on the graphical stuff. I cant imagine doing that myself. I have a nightmarish feeling that microsoft chokes their gui designers in some way lol. [Edit] Checked more interviews, found these very interesting: Bill Atkinson, Cordell Ratzlaff [Edit2] After Googling more on Ratzlaff name i found this gem: http://www.visi.com/~snowfall/AHA.html Lots of names behind Apple Gui there. God i need sleep its 5 am >.<
  10. After like 5 years (is it?) i was expecting at least something original but seems to me what ms did was just take ideas from a few customization shareware/freeware apps available for xp and integrated them more into the shell it self and all that did is made it run smoother than a customization-bloated xp setup. It still has that dissaranged, stuff here stuff there microsoft feeling. There is so much text and badly lookin/placed interface elements all over the gui. I had a headache following my vista testing pc cause of no simplicity in the interface. The other headache came from no drivers support and ati drivers beeing buggy, explorer crashing and other stuff. It was XP first time test all over again without sp1. The only good thing with vista for me would be the security implemented into the os against the unexperienced human factor. When it comes to inovation in interaction with a pc microsoft has failed as usual and left it to us once again to do something about it. Going from a clean xp install to a clean vista (fully functional) install wud be a semi-WOW but after beeing exposed to what other Os's do out of the box vista is just a small "Oh.." for me.
  11. Shud be doable as we've seen windowFX do some crazy effects so far, I also remember a small app, i tested, that wud make your windows, when minimized, pull back to the background into a 3d view. The only problem i can think of is the xp explorer and other apps might not like that sort of stuff as it wouldnt be built in like it is on Vista with aero engine.
  12. Acually it is fixable with a bios flash/update. Check your motherboard manual on how to update/flash your bios. Asus has 4-5 ways of doing this. If u dont have a manual check their website for tips. I think its all just a small bug in bios thats all, no need to reformat or anything.
  13. is your motherboard from ASUS? i have ASUS and have had that message popup on pc startup bios screen a few times. After checking their website forum it seems its common with some motherboards from them. I updated my bios and havent had it for a while now. Hope it helps ya.
  14. Hey all! Srry no preview. It's on DA. GO GO GO http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47122966/ Comments and infos on DA. Its not totaly Mac & Aqua but has elements of it and is partialy inspired by it. Thanks to this place for inspiration and great knowledge base.
  15. yes u need Tabbrowser Extensions. had the same problem when i tryed usin hills themes. then i installed it and BAM! godly firefox HILLS is the man hehe
  16. rofl i totaly missread your post, was prolly still wakeing up when i read it. basicly what im saying is photoshop will not run twice with any dock outhere. and yeah objectdock has an option to either run a new instance of any app (unless the app is locked to one only) or just to maximize the current running instance of the app.
  17. photoshop can not run with more then one instance, meaning you can only have one photoshop.exe runnin. try launching photoshop from explorer and you'll see. allot of apps are like that. so if you are gonna test that feature don't use photoshop. I just tested Y'zdock by adding another application (tcp optimizer.exe) and it ran two instances just fine. so i'm pretty sure y'zdock is made to run applications in as many instances as you want as long as the application it self is allowing it. i think u just picked the wrong app (photoshop) to test that feature with.
  18. You could also use active desktop (set a webpage as you desktop) but it's too limited. here's a screenshot of a flash website i made to use as my desktop app launcher: http://www.customize.org/details/13558 The problem with it is that its pinned to desktop, cant have it hover over other apps with active desktop but there is another commercial app that makes flash movies into floatable .exe files even with alpha transparency (laggy as hell though). Can't remeber what it was :/ The thing with flash is if you link an exe file from within it, windows will think you want to download a file and will always give you that download window. There is a workaround for this too, but it's been a long time since i've done this kinda stuff so i cant remeber what the workaround was, heh.
  19. something in the editing window of avedesk activates this font bug. i've had that same problem when using avedesk before. only way to fix this was to restart avedesk. its a bug in windows really. the fonts get screwed up every time a game is launched.. a 3d application , watching a movie. sometimes they go back to normal sometimes they dont. only way to globaly avoid the bug is using cleartype (I REFUSE IT MS I REFUSE!) I've concluded that the fonts mess up when something 3d is triggered, direct3d, driectdraw, opengl stuff like that.
  20. wow i was just lookin at konfab and thinkin i should make my dock like that. u just saved me some time dude! thanks
  21. its partly windows that has bad font rendering and partly quicktime/itunes that activate this font bug. there are two solutions: 1. set cleartype on. this will change the way the fonts look but the bug will not surface any more. 2. if you want the font to look as its supposed to look and eliminate that bug with itunes/quicktime do this: Go to Control Panel, click on the quicktime icon. When the Quicktime Settings program launches choose "Video Settings" from the dropdown menu list and set it to Safe mode (GDI only) i myself did the #2 cause i want my font to look like they should look. none of that ms crap hehe. hope i helped
  22. nope not a bug. you cant use visual styles together with windowblinds. windowblinds takes over the themeing. you could find a tiger windowblinds skin if there is any.
  23. i've had a similliar problem, not the same but simillar, while runnin vanim. itunes didnt like the vanim hook pokin into its dialogs wich appear when adding, importing and drag'n'droppin or anything else really. so if you are usin vanim it could be it.
  24. fathom windowblinds graphics design by me..zoot did the skinnin of the rest of the apps..a bunch of em really. kick ass to see a firefox skin. gw pe8er :rock: