andrew_

Developers
  • Last visited

Everything posted by andrew_

1. Without pimping my own software to you, there's a very similar widget for DesktopX which does this which you can use for free while someone works on or considers one for AveDesk.
  2. Also, if you run Kapsules, there's a utility widget which does this.
  3. Well check this out. Great job! You should definately post this on Kapsules forums (or let me know and I'll do it for you), there are alot of iTunes widget users there.
  4. I also have the same errors occuring. I would suggest reverting back the 1.1 of the Framework. 2.0 beta is just too unreliable and often acts up with odd, inconsistant behavior. (otherwise Kapsules would be running on it).
  5. Hey all, Im looking for good, ready to download, collections of avatars. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  6. Hehe Kapsules isnt for the 'resource challenged'. If youre a resource nazi (and I dont mean that negatively, like the soup nazi ) then youre probably better off using another app for your needs. But I would still love to have your feedback on Kaps, so please feel free to give it a try - it wont bite, much
  7. Thats quite confusing, since youre not required to 'install' any scripts. Perhaps if you post in my support forums, the Kapsules community and myself can help you get past whatever errors you encountered on your system. I too have flyakite, and have encountered no errors. If anyone else has run across errors using Kapsules and flyakite, please do let me know.
  8. Hello everyone, Though I havent had the time lately to be as active here as I have in the past, I wanted to drop by and let everyone know that Kapsules 0.9.8.0 has been released. It's a vast improvement over previous versions and everyone that has given me feedback so far has said that its faster, more stable and the new features are a welcome addition. So I hope those of you here who use Kapsules, but dont visit the site too often, will see this and give it a shot. I've really enjoyed interacting with the users since I released the first version, and it's been a joy to work on. Thanks! http://kapsules.shellscape.org
  9. Im personally not incredibly worried. Kapsules supports .NET widgets at the moment anyhow. Any additional .NET scripting languages will just be seamlessly integrated The only drawback is for me really, because I'll have to include more language samples in my developer docs
  10. I dunno. If it does, let me know ill save myself and hour or two.
  11. While thats some nice work, I need a windows icon for it. Preferably 64x64 at 32bpp and 24bpp, down to 16x16 at the same res.
  12. Ok. I'll probably write it this weekend then. Someone come up with a name and an icon for me in the meantime
  13. Want I should write an app which does that?
  14. Thanks for the input. I can appreciate widget requests, but those are much more suited to be posted in the Kapsules forums, as theres a whole forum dedicated to such requests. Kaps is definatley the runner up compared to DX and Konfab in the # of widgets department, but this thread was more intended to find out what about the application itself, people wanted to comment about. (and have you taken a serious look at the iTunes widget on the forge? Mahalis does have a pretty small mode, i think there are 3 different modes, for that widget)
  15. ROFL. I know Im not supposed to post with an emotion in a response, but thats just too damned funny. That's 17 posts a day since 2001. Life? I think it's a machine.
  16. All I can say is 'Thundercats! Ho!'
  17. PlanetSourceCode is good for a code sample every once in a blue moon, but its mostly packed with horrible code samples, billions of clones of the same project, and people simply trying to boost their 'little ball' rating. If youre looking for a more professional site, take a look at codeguru and codeproject.
  18. Kapsules can offer similar functionality. If anything is missing that you would like to see, please dont hesitate to ask in the Widget Requests forum. http://kapsules.shellscape.org
  19. Aw what a bummer. I found it a much more objective website than some I visit and I enjoyed reading the posts there as there was alot of cool non-aqua stuff. 'Not that there's anything wrong with that...'
  20. That has to be one of the most nonsensical posts I have ever seen.
  21. Np. That looks to me like you have a botched installation. Something's gone wrong and for whatever reason, while its trying to upgrade your kapsules.config file, its failing. What i'll do though is put some more thorough error handling in there, so if it fails, at least youll have some idea why Thanks for bringing that up. Im sure it will help future users out.
  22. I havent seen Kapsules not work on a Windows 2000 (or greater) machine yet. I would bet a ten spot that your computer doesnt have a bit of the required components installed, or that youre running a version of windows that it wont run on
  23. Since youre starting out, I would reccomend hitting some of the vb websites. Theres really no way to easily explain this, as im sure the explanation will give rise to more questions. Your best bet is to look into 'binding' data to a dataset, dataview or datatable.