andrew_

Developers
  • Last visited

Everything posted by andrew_

1. /me gasps. No bug reports?!
  2. Thanks all. Glad its working out
  3. When you buy a software package from a store, online or retail, and it says on the box 'Requires Windows XP', do you send a letter to the software maker asking them why the software requires XP ?
  4. I present to you RumShot 0.7. PLEASE review the Rumshot Guide if you are new to the application or it's themes. A few things to note... This build fixes the alphamask saving issue. Added the ability to save preview and screenshot as seperate formats. RumShot themes are just zip files - to see how to make your own, change the extension on the theme files to .zip, extract and have fun. The xml is really very straight forward. Alpha/White masking has been worked on and hopefully will work for everyone. I've only tested on my work and home machines but it's much quicker now. - take a look at Ozzpot's Panorama theme for an example. To report bugs please copy the exception text or error message (if any) and paste it using http://rafb.net/paste !! Feel free to throw out a bunch of suggestions, but please keep in mind that the interface isn't likely to change much, if at all. Rumshot REQUIRES the .NET 2.0 Framework. Go here if you dont have it already. No, you can not use a beta version of 2.0 with this. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT RESOURCE USAGE. I'LL JUST END UP IGNORING YOUR POST This beta expires on August 22nd, 2006. And as always... READ THE README OR LOSE ALL OF YOUR HAIR. Preview of the app (cause someone asked for one) Lastly - If you have a theme/border that you created (or permission to port someone else's - you need proof, btw) for another app and would like me to port it for you, please private message me and I will be happy to help. ps. orange is fun. rumshot07beta.zip
  5. The Cereal Mouse: any chance you can html-ize your guide, mebbe throw some screenshots in there? Would be cool to package that with Rumshot, no? deelo: I finally see what everyone was talking about. Dunno why I didnt understand before, I'll get an update out today to fix that. Admins, please close this topic. Users, please go to http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....6605#post406605
  6. I present to you RumShot 0.6. PLEASE review the Rumshot Guide if you are new to the application or it's themes. A few things to note... Added the ability to save preview and screenshot as seperate formats. RumShot themes are just zip files - to see how to make your own, change the extension on the theme files to .zip, extract and have fun. The xml is really very straight forward. Alpha/White masking has been worked on and hopefully will work for everyone. I've only tested on my work and home machines but it's much quicker now. - take a look at Ozzpot's Panorama theme for an example. To report bugs please copy the exception text or error message (if any) and paste it using http://rafb.net/paste !! Feel free to throw out a bunch of suggestions, but please keep in mind that the interface isn't likely to change much, if at all. Rumshot REQUIRES the .NET 2.0 Framework. Go here if you dont have it already. No, you can not use a beta version of 2.0 with this. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT RESOURCE USAGE. I'LL JUST END UP IGNORING YOUR POST This beta expires on August 22nd, 2006. And as always... READ THE README OR LOSE ALL OF YOUR HAIR. Preview of the app (cause someone asked for one) Lastly - If you have a theme/border that you created (or permission to port someone else's - you need proof, btw) for another app and would like me to port it for you, please private message me and I will be happy to help. ps. orange is fun.
  7. Gonna post a new update today... FYI Mods, please close this topic.
  8. .NET will be shipped with every version of Windows after XP. It's being used more and more. It's a painless install.
  9. blaze once went to Reno and lost $45,000 on video poker. He left the town sad, discraced and didn't get to see even one stripper.
  10. Did we ever figure out who has the larger gentailia? Or did all that measuring go to waste?
  11. Nonny, I think you hit the nail on the head. I was pretty surprised to find out recently that much of the new product development is done by interns. Shocking to say the least.
  12. Ertai88 is horribly dyslexic and made an attempt at misspelling 'atari' but instead came up with Ertai.
  13. Haha pretty original. Childish? Of course! Gotta take a step back though and put away your individual bias to enjoy these though. Good satire!
  14. hardascole once took a trip to zimbabwe where he propositioned a medicine man to create a magic potion. A single drop of the potion onto anything would instantly create a duplicate, identical item. Unfortunately hadascole mistook the potion's bottle for shampoo and now lives in seclusion with two heads.
  15. IPod killer? Nah. IPod challenger/competitor? I could see it. If that's the design I give it a thumbs up. I like the 'I'm not new age and I don't have to be artsy fartsy' look. Simplistic and professional looking imho. The larger screen would definately be a draw for me. What I like about the Ipod is that it doesnt 'die' on me frequently. I have a Dell Digital Jukebox thingie and I have been forced to power cycle it many times. If MS can manage to keep this thing stable, that'll be nice. (Hell, I even have to 'reboot' my cell phone every week or two now)
  16. There's many forms of humor out there folks. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that all the error dialogs the author used are from pre-OSX operating systems
  17. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=48...rceid=zeitgeist PLEASE keep the comments civil folks It's meant for fun. If you're extremely passionate about your Mac and take offense to anything remotely negative said about it, please do not watch the video above. That video is work safe, btw, just dont have your speakers all the way up. (it says a dirty word). (I didnt make it, just found it forgive me if this is old news. Searched and couldnt find it on here)
  18. Quite the good start at actually integrating the finder look into already the existing explorer. However, the biggest draw for the Finder (from what you can tell by all the clone attempts) is the behavior of the finder and the manner in which it displays information. I also take exception to the .NET comment. I can't say I respect your work nearly as much for making such an ignorant comment.
  19. Currently it saves both screenshot and preview as one format, and thats the only choice you have. I'll give some thought to the interface and allowing each to be saved as a different format.
  20. I got everything but the image stamp working right. Limitations with how Windows renders alphablending are getting in the way. I suppose I could release it without the images, but that's a pretty big feature.
  21. Hey guys. I'll see if I cant get this updated and packaged within an installer this weekend. No promises!
  22. You would be wise to upgrade. Since widgets are typically layerd (pretty) windows, and ME and below does not support that technology, you're pretty much out of luck. Not even the old-school samurize will run on ME. You might try a few replacement shells, which you can run on top of explorer, like Litestep. They have 'widget-ish' modules you can run. Same for geoshell, but the development on geoshell has taken a turn to the dumps in the last few years.
  23. To resolve that, Sranshaft could do a search in these forums for setting the window as owned by the desktop window. Involves setting ws_child, setting the parent and then removing. Same solution to avoid having your apps hidden by the 'Show Desktop' method.
  24. Yeah thats the last release. My free time took a huge hit about a month ago and I'm still waiting for it to return. If you like this, try Nubs.