• MSN
    dreadnaut@gmail.com
  • Website URL
    http://dreadnaut.altervista.org/

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

10,158 profile views

dreadnaut's Achievements

1. Passing by again, just to say hello! Hope your 2022 was better than the previous ones, and wishing you all a great 2023!
  2. Hello Aqua-softers! Just marking another year of continued existence, for this forum, and for myself. Thanks for keeping it up, Timan! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  3. Hello there, Aqua-soft! The moment I saw an article about Mac OS wallpapers at high resolution, I knew this was the place to post it, even after all these years. The article has more than a dozen wallpapers at 5K resolution, but I've collected the classic aqua one in the zip attached below, for glorious archival. And the jaguar one is back of my desktop, 15 years later. classic-aqua.zip
  4. Hello there, nice to see a few names I remember And thank you Timan for keeping the forum up. The mac/windows customisation movement might have slowed and slowed, but I appreciate being able to come back and find all the old posts and tutorials and links still up —instead of a giant 404.
  5. the suggestion to use ziphone with a 2g touch wasn't safe to begin with. 2g jailbreak has only been available for a couple of week, since March, and there is no "one-click" solution yet. However, I tried on mine a few days ago, following the step by step instructions, and it works fine.
  6. Definitely Y'Z dock, which uses fewer resources than any other dock. You'll need gdiplus though, which might or might not be available for ME. If the laptop has at least 128MB of ram, it deserves Windows 2000. Will be actually faster than ME, more secure, and gdiplus works - so AveDesk, Y'Z software, etc.
  7. I would suggest smaller widgets, and longer lines: around 11-14 words per line is supposed to be the best. Justification is good for eye-candy, but not necessary for ease of use - if you can't do it properly, avoiding vertical trails, just go for left-justified.
  8. when in recovery mode, iTunes can usually fix it. Anyway, at the moment there is no jailbreak option for the iPod touch of the 2nd generation.
  9. I'm moved, Mr. Y is back! it's like a giant flashback. The english version is just the same page fed through google translate - but google changed ip address or something - here's a replacement link. (edit: not that it helps ) I love how Y'z Shadows fades the taskbar now. I couple of thinks I'll suggest on the website (edit: comments closed...) the taskbar shadow could fade too it'll be nice if the taskbar could pop into the foreground if the mouse touches the top edge of the desktop - like a dock - so I could leave it the background all the time, forgotten
  10. oh... I didn't really expect people to open a thread for me thank you! it was actually my birthday, yes! Ha ha, I promise I'll always be ready to develop weird effects and random stuff!!
  11. you can try here: http://avedesk.org/desklets/development/
  12. Tiny ones though. Maybe action figures of hookers? Software, or donations indeed, I don't see the problem. I'm sure you use some freeware program, use this chance to give something back.
  13. Y'z Dock for me aswell. Maybe because I'm not interested in fancy effects, but I just need a launcher with the right set of feature. Shift-click is essential for me, together with fast folder menues (middle click). And auto-hide delay, that RK doesn't offer. And overall, Y'z is lighter :|
  14. an official poll is dangerous, because then you have to accept the decision if you plan for success, the name is very important and it should not be chosen lightly. Think about search engines, originality, existing programs... you have to differentiate if you want to be innovative. Otherwise call it Yet Another Dock and we are done. edit: it took me three days to find it again! the new icon!