Septimus

• Last visited

Everything posted by Septimus

1. Same here. Phone stops working if I install an app over the air. If I then turn the phone off (or it crashes) it will no longer boot up and I have to restore. Apps seem to install fine via iTunes, but I'll have to test. This is the buggiest piece of shit I have ever bought. Thanks Apple.
  2. Yup, been running it for months. Runs well.
  3. Most of the controls are hard coded in, so MSStyles won't be able to change as much as you could in XP.
  4. Had it working on my laptop for a while and it looks good, if completely pointless. But can't get Edgy + ATI to display borders. Either Beryl or Emerald just won't kick in.
  5. If you can find a DirectX version it will run fine.
  6. Yes, but I still remember it needs to be done by hand. IE images etc need to be ported (and sometimes changed in their layout) into StyleBuilder.
  7. Windowblinds Vista can apply any MSStyle to Vista after converting it... it even extends it slightly to fill in any gaps that appear.
  8. Man you have to release that, it's certainly the best glass skin I've seen. Or at least could you PM me a download link Great work though.
  9. WOW... umm yawn, That was the dullest in 3 years. Maybe 4. But the new Mac Pro's are nice, especially at £12,000.
  10. The Mac ads are lame. Aimed at idiots. I hate to see Apple adverts like these current ones (and the previous Switch bollocks). They are childish and need to be ripped on. Like Apple, like Mac, hate the adverts.
  11. Yeah very fast. Feels, in general use at least, as quick as my P4 3.4EE. I'm sure it isn't under heavy load, but for most things it's great.
  12. So far it's working great if anyone is interested
  13. Posting since I can't remeber when I joined... Edit - oh yeah, a while it seems
  14. Glad I have completely switched now. Only have XP running in VPC on my PowerBook. Be nice when they update VPC for MacTel but I'm not in a rush. Stupid move by MS.
  15. None yet, you're going to have to wait for Flip4Mac to become Universal. As to VLC, shouldn't have a problem as the Intel build is out. Though remember to turn on the Quartz output in advanced settings and turn off AltiVec optimization.
  16. My Core Duo Mini arrived today (1.66, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD)... really good. Much better than I thought it would be. I have a G4 PowerBook also which I'm keeping until more apps are translated. After that, a MacBook Pro is going to be ordered
  17. @ Op: Either you are taking the p**s or you are really stupid. How the hell did you even get it to attempt to install on 2000 as that's an achievement?
  18. Very old Windows, looks like an NT4 screen.
  19. Won't happen, but they have already dropped Darwin due to the fears that the open source will be used to crack OSX to run on any hardware. (Not that it isn't already, but releasing code themselves will just make it easier).
  20. I was running WB5 (with transparency), AveDesk, Nubs 0.8.3, OD+, Gaim, Firefox and WindowFX3 when I did my test. A little less than you but shouldn't pull your score down that much. YzShadow makes sense that it would kill it. Unlike WFX3 it uses the CPU to create the shadows. Running P4 3.4HT Extreme and ATI X850XT PE PCI-E (only 256MB gfx RAM).
  21. But damn it would look good if Apple considered doing it.
  22. Found it, - http://www.stardock.com/products/xpbench/ (doesn't need installing, just runs) All it does is test drawing speeds of your gfx card etc. I'm going to test now and see what I get so you can compare. For me I'm not noticing any performance hit with WB5 + WindowFX 3. Our spec's our quite similar so hope you can gauge something from it. -Edit- Right, the screenshot shows my score, whatever it means *shrug*, but it was very fast and smooth. See if it can help point to what might be wrong.