iGo

News Posters
  • Last visited

Everything posted by iGo

1. .Right!! He already mentioned that, But he's asking how can he fix it and your post helps exactly, how? Yusuf, I suggest you take it to the nearest apple store or any place in your are who handle apple repairs. Since it was your fault of spilling liquid on the keys, I don't see you getting any free fixes... you'll have to pay for whatever you have done...
  2. If you're not restricted by budget. Get Core i7 920 processor + X58 mobo and 4GB of DDR3 RAM along with either ATi HD4870 graphics. One thing to note about Graphic card is that it's no point spending on high-end graphic card unless you're playing at really high resolution with graphic settings maxed out. A quick table should to help you... If the budget is an issue.. then get Core2Quad Q6600 or Core2Duo E8400 processor, X48 based mobo and 4GB DDR2 800/1066MHz Ram. If you can share more info such as your display resolution and games you play, I can help you deciding complete configuration which will be great Value for Money.
  3. Death to DRM was imminent... after all, what kind of tech you think will survive, which annoys the legit buyers more than pirates. I hope to see complete DRM removal by the end of this year from everything. Die, B!tch die!!
  4. I can't get into technical breakdown like matonga here, but it's not exactly about mp3 decoding of iTunes or Foobar. What Heril said does stand true, but let me explain why foobar is better than iTunes. It's not the decoding itself.. foobar let you use either ASIO or Kernel Streaming, bypassing windows audio mixer, thus removing one processing step from audio transfer path. Each step added to audio transfer affects the output. So when you're using Kernel Streaming or ASIO, your audio is preserved from the player's decoder to audio hardware. Besides that, the end quality ultimately depends on the source audio.. and that's where heril is correct. If you're going to play a lossless wav file on crappy hardware (speakers, amp or sound cards.. etc.) the final output isn't sound that good. Similarly, playing lossy audio like mp3 on good hardware will bring forth the lossy areas of source audio. The whole point of using Foobar output in iTunes was to use Kernel Streaming or ASIO. If you're using Foobar without kernel streaming then it doesn't make much difference. Both Heril and jx12345 are right to certain degree. But then again, that doesn't anyone a right to throw insults or use harsh language. Ultimately, the sound quality is again... subjective for person to person. Like matonga said very correctly, some like using DSPs and enhancers while some prefer to listen to purest form of source file. For example, I prefer higher bitrate MP3s or Lossless files while listening on desktop, but I burn cds for my car in nothing more than 128kbps mp3s. Because while driving I just want to listen to songs, quality doesn't matter as there are other audio interefences in surroudings. It's not like I'm going to pick up a subtle note very clearly in car.
  5. I'm on FB and Orkut... but to say that I use them would be highly wrong, an occasional visit and msg to friends... that's about it for my social networking presence.
  6. Nice... Ain't you Rahul Duggal from TE?
  7. Did I ever said that iTunes is better sounding than Foobar?? Huh?? Probably you misread what I wrote or simply decided to ignore it.... The two main reasons I used Multi-Plugin was.. 1) It helped reduce memory footprint while in minimized mode 2) Foobar pass-through. FYI: I use foobar on my desktop for music primarily. iTunes is used primarily on my iBook, just to sync my iPod and to stream music from.
  8. Sheer beauty... as always, typical vlad humor.
  9. Many Happy returns of the day dude... have a blast and lot of beer !!
  10. Mine is short reverse of my other nickname... YoGi --> iGo. The idea is that YoGi is my real life nickname... so iGo is my alter-ego in virtual life. Those who are old members, will remember my previous username being igoy, that is before I requested it to change and loose the Y in process.
  11. While I agree, but not entirely. Apple still designs and develop their own logic boards... as far as I know, HP doesn't and Dell also does so for some of their models. If you go by standard configurations, Apple is very much competitive with other vendors (HP/Dell)... where Apple rips you off, is in upgrade options (Ram, HDD etc). Sensible thing to do is pick up standard configuration and upgrade it your self using cheap deals... newegg such as.
  12. Oh please... there have been numerous instances of adverts using masked (apple logo removed) apple notebooks being used. It's only because of their aesthetically appealing forms. Don't try and make something more out of it.
  13. I hope they don't make them glossy screens mandatory... at least not on PRO's. I prefer matte. I love matte. OT : Seems like this Pimp boy is doing good job keeping up with news. Mods, you can kick me out of newsposters group and let him have my place. I'm not being really up for it recently.
  14. Sounds like too much work for MS...
  15. Craziest.... well, I once went through this thread : http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=49498 Besides that, once my college buddies decided to have booze party at my home in afternoon, so I got the booze and stuff... and those mofos stood me up. Not sure what do with all that booze (4 large bottles of Beer, 2 half-point bottles of whisky, 1 half-point bottle of rum and 3 nips of gin), I coudln't hide it (mom n dad would have killed me had they seen all that in the evening) and didn't wanted to waste it. So I pour it all in one large vessel and..... wait for it.... drank it all. I was drinking for 2 hours, one mean mix of coctail. Then crashed for 2 hours, got up, threw up all over in bathroom and crashed back in corridor. Woke up in the evening, one hour before mom n dad to come from office. Cleaned up everything. Mom caught me when she came... never in her life she had seen house so spic and span, so something was fishy. 2 hours of interrogation. Never ratted on myself.
  16. HUH!! Where? I never noticed it? Maybe that's the skin folder from installation of Multi-Plugin, you might have installed earlier... for old iTunes?
  17. Ohh... unfortunately, I haven't come across the single image that fits your description... of all the evening today that I spent searching. But I'll give it a try again tomorrow if I get time.
  18. Hi Grindstone.... I think you're referring to this image. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1710921984/tt0335266 : This is what I could find right now, but I'm also looking for the same image in better resolution (in wallpaper size). Will share the same if found, and I hope you would do the same. Besides that, I'm also looking for the original of headphone/window picture (non-vector)... if anyone knows/has. EDIT: Here is another one : http://www.fanpop.com/spots/lost-in-transl.../images/1041640 (still small though ) And this one can be turned in to wall : http://www.fanpop.com/spots/lost-in-transl.../images/1041739
  19. Does anyone have this wallpaper or know where to find it? http://fixxxxx.deviantart.com/art/Headphone-Girl-79246561 TIA!
  20. Yes.. thx Jmymx1!! People who think it looks like Vista. YES. it does look like vista because it's running Vista's Aero UI. But the changes are a lot, as per Win7 Developers, UNDER THE HOOD. If there will be a major UI overhaul or not, it's undecided for now. Right now most of the screenies you will encounter will be running with Vista UI with certain tweaks visible. So shut it for now about UI.
  21. Check the new screenies : http://www.thinknext.net/archives/2268
  22. Although skinning was the most popular aspect of it, MultiPlugin was useful for more than skinning. I doubt anyone would be interested, unless they have patience to make changes and updates every time iTunes gets update and plugin is broken. Not to mention, support for users... people have different configurations (both HW/SW), and people run into issues. Supporting and fixing bugs. All this take lot of time and effort for single developer. With the short span between new iTunes updates, all this load increases. So I really doubt, anyone would really be interested in it.