About Link

• Birthday 02/24/1986

Contact Methods

• AIM
    zeldafanatic86
  • Website URL
    http://www.nimbus-media.com

Link's Achievements

1. Hey guys, I'm in the market of getting a drawing tablet for Photoshop but know little to nothing about them. I was wondering if anyone could recommend or direct me to a nice one. I found another thread about it but it was from 5 years ago, so I figured some neat new stuff has come out by then. As always, help is greatly appreciated.
  2. This picture is great. I left you a big juicy comment on deviantart.
  3. I installed CCC and have been fiddling with it for awhile but can't seem to get it right. There's a setting in the video portion about a "theater mode." I've been trying different settings and doing a lot of rebooting but it hasn't been quite right. Right now it's stretching to fill the screen, but it's going beyond my resolution rather than fitting to 1920x1200 so the game has little scroll bars to let you move around to see the rest of the screen. So it looks like it's stretching it to fit the width, but rather than distorting it, it's maintaining 4:3 and it's too tall. ----EDIT I ran the control panel in VMWare and while you can't edit any settings of course, the display adapter in the drop down list is different. Natively it shows my video card while in the virtual environment it displays "VMware SVGA II" so I don't think editing the card natively would fix it. So I'm back to square one again I guess. For some reason the highest resolution setting in VMWare is 2360 x 1770 so I think whenever I run starcraft it's stretching it to display that large.
  4. Clever comeback, however, your opinion regardless of how fleeting it may be can remain in general discussion. There's more to life than telling other people what you think about things. Go volunteer for a needy country or something.
  5. I found this http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-1201 and the full screen line that you add to the preferences text file works. But still keeps it in 4:3 so there are black bars on the left and right still. I'm on an iMac with a radeon card instead though. Or else I'd try out the control center and try to make it stretch to widescreen. Perhaps there's something you can add to the line of code they suggest? pref.autoFitFullScreen = "fitHostToGuest" maybe replace fithosttoguest with something that makes it stretch specifically to the resolution I'm running; or at least make it widescreen.
  6. I appreciate your intuitive assistance. It's nice to see the community is fledging with "younger" members that find it clever to make generic cliche internet references as apposed to actually answering my question. In the three years I was here before you were even a member, a larger demographic of people around here were actually willing to assist their fellow community member. Times change I take it.
  7. Hey everyone, Was curious as to what approach I needed to take to set up vmware to use my already installed windows installation or if it was even possible. The assistant wants me to set up a whole new virtual folder and install it again which seems kind of redundant. If there's a way to direct it to my boot camped partition that would be great. Thanks in advance for any assistance. ------------ EDIT Sorry guys, I'm really dense, i restarted the program and the partition was added to my list lol. In any event thanks for the help! ------------EDIT 2 New question! Though it's off topic with this now, if someone could change the title that'd be great. I'm running xp full screen in one of my spaces, and whenever I go to play starcraft it doesn't stretch to fit like it did if I ran windows natively. It shows full screens but runs the original 640 x 480 window in the middle. Was wondering if there was a way to fix it so that running the game would stretch to fit like it did. Thanks!
  8. This is probably a stupid question, however, one day iChat's titlebar started saying "aim buddy list" instead of "contacts" and I'm not entirely sure why or how to change it back. As always, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  9. Yeah, running the white screensaver all last night didn't do anything, I'll try that colorful one and see if that does the trick.
  10. Hey everybody, I'm currently in the process of correcting an image burn in on my imac's display and was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this too. I guess despite not being very old, using a screen saver, and turning it off whenever I'm asleep didn't seem to prevent it. An outline where my buddy list is managed to etch itself and drive me nuts when a line in photoshop magically wouldn't blend away no matter how many times i brushed over it. haha Hopefully this solid white screensaver should do the trick. From what I read this is fairly common? I guess static icons, the menu bar, or even the dock sometimes gets burned into the screen.
  11. Download: http://apathae.deviantart.com/art/W-R-E-N-84310039 First dibs =)
  12. The layouts are getting better! Here's some critique you may want to keep in mind in the future as well as a couple things to point out. 1. For a modern bright site like that, It's typically better to use a sans-serif font. I usually just have a font family with Verdana, Helvetica, and Arial in it. To each their own of course, I don't tell people how to create stuff and I always expect the same. 2. Padding the text so it's flush with the header lines or a little bit inset always looks nice. 3. Usually subtly off stark black and white colors is softer on the eyes and I (personally) think it looks better. Even if it's barely noticable, my site for example isn't white, it's off white. Same with the text, it's a very very dark gray. 4. Not sure if you noticed but the shadow at the bottom of the banner and at the top of the footer (I assume where the elements are coded together) has a small gap. 5. A suggestion with drop shadows in the future. Be wary of using one with little to no distance, when the shadow on the top edge is almost the same as the bottom from a user's perspective with most conventional GUI or Icons, it's always a top down view sort of at an angle. Plus if the blending options aren't giving you what you want, never fear right clicking the option and "creating the layer" so that it essentially makes it its own rasterized layer, where you can mask it, and use narrow gradients to bring in the edges a little bit. Just an option! 6. Be wary of the rounded rectangle tool in photoshop, There are certain intervals which I'm far from memorizing that tend to give the edges a tiny sharp corner at the ends of the rounded part which looks slightly unfinished. 7. As mentioned the white text over the light gradient is very iffy. If wanting to stick with headers that are different colors you may want to invest in a shadow. Otherwise, it's peachy, hopefully that helps out a little bit. I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination. In respect to art, as long as you like it that's all that matters; in respect to retail, you'll be a slave to making changes to appease to companies. haha
  13. Hey, I'm just curious if anyone else around here has experienced this issue. This thing is practically brand new and I have some sort of clicking sound in the lower left hand area. It's rapid like a tiny woodpecker and very subtle, lasts about 4-6 seconds and then stops, then repeats. I called apple, and the guy I talked to agrees with me that it doesn't seem to be the drive based on the sound it makes. I also checked to see if it only did it while the drive was either reading or writing but that doesn't seem to influence it so my assumption is that it's something dumb like a loose wire or something grazing a fan. A couple of the options I was given was I could open it myself and look (although I have no idea how to get this thing open) or I could take it to the only nearby retailer certified by apple in my area. However, the only problem with option B is that a friend of mine recently took his macbook to the said place and the people that work there, although certified, have absolutely no idea how to fix anything apple related.
  14. That's really sad; especially since the acting opportunities for treants sort of bottlenecked after the lord of the rings trilogy was completed.