Carlospr

• Last visited

Everything posted by Carlospr

1. So now your PC is running faster and even more responsiveness than before, right? :slant: :confused: In the 90's it was common to see people overreacting when an application was using more RAM than usual even tho free RAM was still there. I think it is funny to see this kind of worry nowadays when system manages RAM better than ever and RAM in most of the cases is not an issue anymore.
  2. @ bSAYZ Nice work! My resolution is 1680x1050 but I was able to test it anyway.
  3. @ bSAYZ Great idea! I hope you release a beta of this skin soon!
  4. Did you install CAD 1.0 first (from fileforum.com)? Then did you copy the all new files following the Readme.txt directions? CAD won't run properly if you just unzip 2.0 in a folder and run... If you're already using ActiveWinamp plugin make sure to also download and install ActiveWinamp from CAD web site because some latest release are incompatible with each other.
  5. Initial topic updated showing a full screen skin preview screenshot. In addition, a full screen skin is also available here.
  6. What's your player? foobar2000 e.g. requires a plugin that you can also download at CAD home page. Did you follow all the Readme.txt steps? If so make sure to show CAD how you organize your music in "Options>Front cover". See Help file (it's from 1.0 but you can find some tips there).
  7. Right now CD Art Display won't touch any ID3 tag. Not that I'm not considering such option.
  8. The CD Art Display 2.0 developement started right after CD Art Display 1.0 release back in 24Aug2007. And now CD Art Display 2.0 Beta 4 is ready for testing and it reflects what can be the final version. What is CD Art Display? It is a skinnable application that shows the now playing song cover on your desktop. It fully supports AlbumPlayer, Helium Music Manager, iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player 11, foobar2000 and partially supports MediaMonkey, MP3Toys, qmp and musikCube. See Readme.txt inside the zip for requirements. It's a major, major upgrade with several new and improved features including: 100% real time preview Skin Editor drag and drop a zip or rar to install a skin smooth horizontal and vertical text scrolling full screen skin (download a full screen skin here) screensaver module custom picture slideshow when player is stopped or not running cover search timeout (CAD will not freeze while searching) lyrics search timeout (CAD will not freeze while searching) Windows Vista Aero blur support new skin elements new elements transitions translation support (German and Portuguese-Brazil included) see complete list here Download CD Art Display 2.0 beta 4 here Make sure to see Reame.txt inside the zip!! There are a lot to explore and the best way is trying the new skins. So visit CD Art Display Skin Gallery for latest and 100% 2.0 skins! Read my blog article about CD Art Display 2.0 beta 4 for more details. Here's a full screen skin by OtisBee screenshot (working in progress): Click the image for a 1680x1050 preview Have fun!
  9. The application development has been stopped. Sorry.
  10. Yes the new foobar2000 component is ready thanks to eyebex! A public beta of CAD 2.0 will be available soon (I hope in February). I'm still waiting for some translations and I still have small issues to fix.
  11. Not planned yet. I can take a look if it's possible to do.
  12. Thanks chermany4ever! The new component is ready and working great! Soon CAD 2.0 beta will be available for all users: http://www.cdartdisplay.com/forum/index.php
  13. Icy Radio works great even at my work that uses proxy. Thanks again KSoft for such great app!
  14. Thanks detee. By the way Di7ra there's a CAD user making a foobar2000 component that will give a full integration with CAD.
  15. Thank you all for your kind words! They are an impulse to keep the project alive!
  16. CD Art Display 1.0 (24Aug2007) CD Art Display is a skinnable application that shows the now playing song cover on your desktop. It's an addon that fully works with AlbumPlayer, Helium Music Manager, iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey and partially supports qmp, MP3Toys, musikCube and foobar2000 (Winamp API Emulator plugin). History note The first CD Art Display alpha was released in 25Feb2005. It was just for Winamp and that's why it was named Winamp CD Case (WCC) back then. The case was just a bmp file and folder.jpg was the only option for a local cover. After more than 2 years CD Art Display 1.0 is a bit better, stable and supports more players. That's all. Today, 24Aug2007, is the official CD Art Display 1.0 release!! What's new? - New engine: mirror, rotation, shear, round corners, blend and cover transition - New toolbar with repeat and shuffle support - New player volume - New Panel and extended panel feature - New text soft shadow and scrolling features - New seek/progress bar feature - New mixed progress bar - New lyrics viewer - New rating and custom text rating - New skin appearance settings - New skin Styles - New context menu - New Options and Skin Editor instead Control Panel - Added Helium player support - Improved stability - Fixed bugs Requirements - Windows Vista or Windows XP - Visual Basic run-time 6 SP6 - Visual Basic run-time 5 (just if you're using Windows Vista) Download Full setup: cad1setup.zip - 1.03MB Main executable (*): cad1.zip - 0.76MB (*) copy "Default" skin into CAD "Skins" subfolder Skins Check Skin Gallery at CD Art Display forum so you can test all new features. Screenshot Acknowledgment I'd like to thank you all for support CAD in any way. Specially I'd like to thank OtisBee for all his ideas and help regarding all new features.
  17. CAD 1.0 Preview 3 Build 2 (19Aug2007) released. See initial post for details. Thank you all for your kind words!
  18. CD Art Display 1.0 Preview 3 Build 2 (19Aug2007) Just a few more steps towards to 1.0 final! About CD Art Display is a skinnable application that shows the current song cover. Supported players: Windows Media Player 11, Winamp, AlbumPlayer, MP3Toys, iTunes, MediaMonkey, QCD/QMP and Helium Music Manager. It also partially supports foobar2000 and musikCube. More about it: http://closetosoftware.com/forum/index.php What's new so far? - New engine: mirror, rotation, round corners and cover transition - New toolbar with repeat and shuffle support - New player volume - New Panel and extended panel feature - New text soft shadow and scrolling features - New seek/progress bar feature - New mixed progress bar - New lyrics viewer - New rating and custom text rating - New skin appearance settings - New skin Styles - New context menu - New Options and Skin Editor instead Control Panel - Added Helium player support - Improved stability - Fixed bugs Builds Build 1 (16Aug2007) - Preview 3 initial release Build 2 (19Aug2007) - player detection on fresh install bug fixed - iTunes lyrics bug fixed Skins There are more than 60 skins for CAD. Most of the RC6 skins were already updated. Check Skin Releases forum or the new Skin Gallery so you can test all new features. Download Setup - Build 2: cad1p3b2setup.zip - 1.03MB Zip with Default skin(*) and Help file updated - Build 2: cad1p3b2.zip - 0.77MB (*) Default skin has to be copied in CAD Skins folder. Screenshots (Default skin: "" and "Disc" styles by OtisBee) Acknowledgment I'd like to thank you all for support CAD in any way. Specially I'd like to thank OtisBee for all his ideas and help regarding all new features.
  19. Well I like iReflector approach. Other than that (e.g. a complex perspective that a background should be considered) it's better use PhotoShop. Thanks SirSmiley! PS: for Vista the best way to install an application that needs regsvr32 service is to make a setup (e.g. the great and free InnoSetup). Once the installation starts the user Allow it or not. Once allowed the component will be properly registered in Vista.
  20. Hi Zaft Will you update your skin for CAD 1.0 Preview 2? http://closetosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341
  21. Tho I'm using an unreleased build, CAD is working here with iTunes 7.3. However, make sure to set iTunes as your player "Control Panel>Player". Next week I'll release Preview 2 with some iTunes support improvements. You can also go to CAD forum and get a newer build before the official Preview 2.
  22. CAD 1.0 Preview 1 Build 196 released (02Jun2007) - Added extended area to "Panel" feature - Added volume control - Fixed bugs See detail in the initial post above.
  23. The pin to desktop procedure is not compatible with Vista.
  24. CD Art Display 1.0 Preview 1 Build 196 (02Jun2007) Read me first - RC6 is required (install it first): http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/CD_Ar...ay/1109367710/1 - text position and alignment will be necessary for old skins (go to "Control Panel>Text area") - In the zip you'll find the main executable and the "Default" skin with required files. Copy "Default" skin into CAD Skins folder before trying the new build! - If you still don't know what to do wait for the 1.0 final that will include an installer because this build is for users who like to test beta software and know how to handle basic issues What's new? # = new in Preview 1 - = RC6 builds changes Case and cover area # All graphic elements can be positioned over case/cover area # New "Skin transition" and "Blend" effect for cover transition ("Control Panel>Options") - New mirror effect engine ("Control Panel>Effects") - New rotation feature ("Control Panel>Effects") - New rounded cover feature ("Control Panel>Effects") - A skin may have a "backeffect.png" that will be drawn before case/cover (see Celluloid skin by OtisBee) Text # Added the 4th text line just for time tags # All 4 text lines are completely independent (own shadow, alignment and so on) (**) # Added scroll text for the first 3 lines (see Small Fade 2007 skin) # A scroll line has click event to disable/enable scrolling # 4th line has click event to toggle time (progress/remaining) # New %remaining% time tag # Added %comments% tag - Soft shadow/halo thanks to LaVolpe Ratings # Any size of ratings image (png) is accepted now # Changed the vertical ratings orientation # Added mouse over effect Progress bar # Added seek function for all players that support it (***) - New "Skinned" progress bar - New "Circles" progress bar - Added "Height" setting (each types have default/min values) - Added Anti-aliasing option for progress bar Toolbar # Added mouse over effect (up to the skin) # The skinner may decide the toolbar buttons order ("Control Panel>Other Elements") # Updated toolbar appearance styles ("Control Panel>Other Elements") # A toolbar may be attached to the new "Panel" feature ("Control Panel>Panel") - Added vertical toolbar support (up to the skin) Panel # New Panel graphic element (uo to the skin) This is still a working in progess feature. Text, ratings, progress bar and optionally toolbar may be attached to a Panel working as the elements background. The Panel can be e.g. hidden while the case/cover not (see "Brushed View" skin) Lyrics - Skinnable lyrics viewer (lyrics.png) - ID3 (unsync) lyrics frame tag support - Always on Top added to the Skinned Lyrics context menu - Added Shadow option in "Lyrics" - Added prev and next page to the Lyrics context menu - Added mouse wheel to change Lyrics page Misc # A lot of code improvements # Bugs fixed - Notifier alike appearance style ("Control Panel>Options") - Minimize (Hide) on Stop for players that support stop status message - Vista tweaks (user folder for some procedures instead the application one; removed pin to desktop since Vista won't pin a layered form as XP does - there isn't a solution for that) - Added "Click through" ("Control Panel>Options") - Added mouse wheel volume control in "Options" - Added "Show in track change" in "Options" (****) - Added "Troubleshooting" node in "Control Panel" - Added custom position in "Troubleshooting" (may be useful for dual monitors) - Added "Force read mode" for ID3 cover tag in "Troubleshooting" - CAD will create a cover icon for the system tray just in memory now (it'll not save a temp file anymore) Builds Build 3 - 24May2007 - Time tags updated to iTunes Build 3 - 24May2007 - Blend transition bug fixed Build 3 - 24May2007 - Appearance style bug fixed Build 23 - 24May2007 - Just added the new AlbumPlayer interface (so this build is just for those who use this player); it requires AP 4.9 which will be released soon Build 28 - 24May2007 - The context menu will show the shuffle/repeat status (checked/unchecked) for all players that support the message (Winamp, MediaMonkey, QMP, WMP11 and iTunes - foobar2000 should work but not tested; AP will be included soon) Build 196 - 02Jun2007: - Extended panel added into "Panel" feature (*****) - Volume control added - New AlbumPlayer interface implemented - fixed some bugs (*) removed the old fade (**) old skins will have to be reconfigured in that matter (***) Winamp, MediaMonkey, QMP, WMP11, AlbumPlayer and iTunes (the foobar2000 plugin is not handling the message as it should) (****) CAD will be placed in the foreground when a new song is played; for now this feature will not work if CAD is pinned to the desktop (*****) See "Brushed View" skin as a sample: http://closetosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2075#2075 Screenshots SinKin by OtisBee Recommended setting: set "Skin transition" in "Control Panel>Options (Cover transition)" This great skin makes use of all independent lines, skinned progress bar, ratings, toolbar and an unique cover transition effect Topic: http://closetosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=286 SmallFade by Me This skin is here to show some of the new CAD features like the entire case as a background, vertical ratings, text scrolling and a different toolbar buttons order Topic: soon Round Cover by Me Inspired in one skin I saw in a forum (I don't remember the name) shows that CAD can handle rounded corners as well as mirror effect Topic: soon Brushed View by Me Shows how to use the "Panel" and its extended window feature Topic: http://closetosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2075#2075 Download http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/cadp1b196.zip Acknowledgment I'd like to thank you all for support CAD in any way. Specially I'd like to thank OtisBee for all his ideas and help regarding all new features.