Sranshaft

Developers
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sranshaft

1. No, Kiosk is for Windows. I'm just a big fan of Gnome. Update! I've been able to include pamphlets for Windows Media Player and iTunes. I haven't installed iTunes so testing can't be completed just yet but the coding is sound and should work without any errors. I'll need someone to test it thoroughly though. If anyone would like to give it a shot drop us a PM. Public beta testing should begin next week. I've been working some long hours and haven't had much time getting things set up on the details customization front. Things are still hard-coded but that should be remedied before then.
  2. That's True Launch Bar found here. Also an update for Kiosk! I've been able to add uTorrent, Network Monitoring and File Watching pamphlets! I'm having a little trouble with the Network Monitor though. After a few hours the RAM usage climbs astronomically. Must be a memory leak somewhere. Also, uTorrent uses the WebUI feature to hook into and get details. I've also added a few things. Now some pamphlets are interactive. For example, with the uTorrent pamphlet, clicking on the pamphlet will pause / resume the current torrent. Or with the music pamphlet, left-clicking goes to the previous track, right-clicking skips to the next track and middle-clicking pauses / resumes. There's also extended info on mouse hover for select pamphlets. All of these events are available to anyone wanting to create 3rd party pamphlets. The following is an example pamphlet's coding to get the programmers started: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Diagnostics; using WinampFrontEndLib; using System.Drawing; namespace Kiosk.Pamphlets { class Music { public static event EventHandler UpdatePamphlet; public static string Status = string.Empty; private static int displayInfo = 0; private static Timer checkUsage_Timer = new Timer(); private static Popup popup; private static void checkUsage_Timer_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e) { try { Status = GetDisplayText(); } catch { Status = "Foobar not playing!"; } UpdatePamphlet(null, null); } public static void StartPamphlet() { checkUsage_Timer.Enabled = true; checkUsage_Timer.Interval = 10000; checkUsage_Timer.Tick += new EventHandler(checkUsage_Timer_Tick); Status = GetDisplayText(); } public static void MouseClick(MouseButtons mouseButton) { try { if (WinampLib.GetPlaybackStatus() == 1) { switch (mouseButton) { case MouseButtons.Left: { WinampLib.PrevTrack(); break; } case MouseButtons.Middle: { WinampLib.Play(); break; } case MouseButtons.Right: { WinampLib.NextTrack(); break; } } } } catch { } } public static void MouseHover() { try { if (WinampLib.GetPlaybackStatus() == 1) { popup = new Popup(); popup.popupDisplayText = WinampLib.GetCurrentSongTitle(); popup.pamphletType = Pamphlet.PampletType.Music; popup.Size = new Size(400, 200); popup.StartPosition = FormStartPosition.CenterScreen; popup.Show(); } } catch { } } public static void MouseLeave() { if (popup != null) { popup.Close(); popup.Dispose(); } } private static string GetDisplayText() { string displayText; if (WinampLib.GetPlaybackStatus() == 1) { displayText = WinampLib.GetCurrentSongTitle(); string[] infos = displayText.Split('|'); displayText = infos[displayInfo]; if (displayInfo == 2) displayInfo = 0; else displayInfo++; } else displayText = "No track playing..."; return displayText; } } } The info you want to pass back to Kiosk should be placed as the static Status string. StartPamphlet() must also be included as this is how Kiosk tells the pamphlet to start doing its thing. I'll also be including a StopPamphlet() method as well. MouseOver(), MouseClick() are the standard mouse interactive methods. UpdatePamphlet() is used to tell Kiosk the pamphlet needs to be updated. I hope this gets some programmers interested. I'm sure there'll be demand for an iTunes pamphlets but without it being installed here, I don't think I'll be able to get to that one myself. More to come soon!
  3. It's been awhile now but I have some good news. I've found time to work on Kiosk and should have a beta ready for release in the next couple of days! At the moment here's the list of pamphlets available: Date Time Drive Space Email Recycle Bin Music - Working for Winamp or anything that can emulate Winamp ie: Foobar with the winamp_spam.dll plugin. I'm working on adding Windows Media Player for the beta release. CPU Usage RAM Usage Weather - Info provided by Weather.com RSS Feed Folder Watcher Things to come soon: uTorrent watch Network Usage User suggestions... Kiosk now supports multiple monitors! Currently using a 16 inch ASUS monitor as a secondary 'info screen' and it's great! Pamphlets at the moment are still built-in. No plugin system as of yet. I think I'll keep Kiosk like this but for those of you that know C# I'll be creating a SDK of sorts to help in the creation of 3rd party pamphlets that can be included in updates. That part will be a little clearer after the beta is released. Themes are easy to create as well! I'll be including a .psd file that has the default theme in it as a reference for others to develop more. More to come in the following days! Stay tuned...
  4. Red / White / Yellow jacks are for component. The Red and White jacks carries the audio signal and the yellow one, the video. The reason you don't hear any sound when using the Red / Green / Blue jacks is because these are composite jacks. They only carry the video signal. Each jack carries the individual color stream instead of combining them before sending them to the television. This ensures a better visual experience.
  5. Love the Simpsons reference in the name. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this. Thar being said, get back to work on porting Flying Cow to C# already! lol
  6. Ha! If only it was that easy...not going to happen mate. Sorry.
  7. It's a simple setting in the visual style. It's up to whomever created the style as to whether the text is centered or left-justified. Open the visual style (.msstyle) in Reshacker, look for the ini file and change it there. Or the easiest way is to use Stylebuilder. Edit: Oh, this is for Vista...still probably a visual style setting. Little harder though.
  8. Aye, the server is playing up on me - damn Australian ISPs...trying to get it sorted out. I noticed the problem when trying to delete movies that don't have covers associated with them. This is what is causing the errors. If you can't find a cover through movieClerk, or it doesn't seem to download - refreshing the shelf should fix this - you can manually search for one and drag / drop the image straight from the browser into movieClerk. Just drop it on the dvd for the movie (in Shelf view) or the row (in List view). Or download the cover image to the desktop and drag the file into the window. movieClerk will do the rest. That will be fixed in the next update as well as many improvements to the online search engines - IMDb, Video Universe, Video Ezy (Australian). I've also included a few new search engines and am taking suggestions for future ones. They must include most if not all of the information movieClerk keeps a record of. If it includes the American UPC that's even better. Thankyou very much d-shade! If all else fails I'll upload the file to a temp file-sharing host if I can't get up back up soon.
  9. Wow! That's pretty much off topic. :slant:
  10. psd files aren't quicktime - they're Photoshop files. This should show you how to get thumbnails for them at least: http://getanewbrowser.com/2006/08/photosho...ndows-explorer/ For Targa and Pict files use this: http://www.greggman.com/pages/thumbplug_tga.htm
  11. I've taken a look at the coding for DeskDrive and it's basically the same thing I'm doing only without some of the other features - icon saving, cd renaming, etc. Not sure where all the issues you guys are running into are coming from. I see from the comments it's mostly a settings window problem and the icons being moved. You can turn off the icons moving to the right feature and as for the settings window throwing up errors, I can't really debug for that as I've never encountered that error no matter what I throw at DiscMounter. Sorry, if it doesn't work for some people but that's the way it is sometimes. I'm glad those of you who have run into problems or simply don't like DiscMounter have found an alternative!
  12. Here's the Keyboard commands for the fullscreen view. Thanks for letting me know about the other stuff. I'll have a look through and try fixing those things shortly. Keyboard Commands.txt
  13. @Tarkio: Not sure what you mean by: "We can't add an entire folder?". Are you trying to associate a movie to a folder or are you wanting movieClerk to be able to automatically go through a folder of your choosing, find the movies in the folder, and add them to the database? If it's the second one, I'm afraid unless you have named them specifically with details titles, it'd be difficult. Not so difficult that I'm saying it can't be done but maybe not until all the bugs have been fixed in this version branch. Maybe in the future I can add that feature in and have it auto-watch a folder for new movies... @Viper: Not sure why you're getting that SQL error. I've never encountered it. It may be a Vista problem. Which version of SQL Server Express are you using? Does your account have administrative privileges? Shoot me some more info and I'll look into it. The dates you are noticing are specifically done that way. In the database, and in turn in the list view, they will appear as YYYY-MM-DD TT. This allows me to easily sort them. The details info shows them in the long date format simply for aesthetics. I'll need to look at the manually added ones. I'll change the splash screen from a always-on-top window to a normal one. I originally had it that way but had trouble with it refreshing visually when another window passed over it. I believe I fixed that issue though so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. I'll also look into the covers being downloaded from DVD Empire. Everything works fine here with it though but I might have missed something. Quick question: Are you running into this problem when you add the movie from DVD Empire or when you try to download the cover using the "Search Internet for Box Art" feature? There's a keyboard command text file in the program folder - at least there should be. If not, let me know and I'll upload one here. It should include all of the keyboard commands for both the fullscreen view and the normal window view. The reason the cursor disappeared over movieClerk when you did that is because you forced close the fullscreen view and it wasn't able to turn the cursor back on as it normally would have in the form closing event. Just in case you find yourself in the same spot again, backspace will always take you back to the previous menu. New update with bug fixes should be pushed out later on today / tonight or early tomorrow including fixes for most of those shown here.
  14. @Tarkio: Of course Amazon.fr is available! In fact all of Amazon's websites are available. Just select the one you want - Amazon France for you - in the "Source" dropdown box when you search. There are also searches available through VideoUniverse.com and DVDEmpire.com. I'm currently working on including Wikipedia.com, IMDB.com and a few others for specific to Australia. These will be added when available to the "Search Online" list. As for waiting until I switch over to SQLite - might I suggest starting now with SQL Server Express. Everything you add now will be usable with SQLite and it'll be as simple as doing a backup with the SQL Server version and importing the database back into the SQLite version. @DZGH: It's a pleasure mate! Glad to see you're enjoying it. Looking to add a few more things like Matonga's coverflow-esque Flying Cow feature and spicing up the fullscreen media center in the near future! Just starting to learn WPF which will add a bunch of sweet animations.
  15. Try the link to the sourceforge page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/flyingcow/
  16. @iTim: DZGH is correct. You'll need to install SQL Server Express. The link for it is on the website under the 'requirments' section. @DZGH: Thanks mate! Hope all is working on your end and that you're enjoying it. Fixing a few things ou pointed out and I'll try and add some of the stuff you suggested before. @Tardio: SQL Server is needed because this is what movieClerk uses for its database functions. I'm working on converting movieClerk over to SQLite, which is an embedded database system and won't need a separate download but until then you'll need SQL Server Express in order to use movieClerk. If all you're after is a catalog for your movies just place them all in the same folder and change the icon for them - no need for a separate program for that. That isn't the purpose of movieClerk. While you can assign hard drive files to movies in movieClerk, movieClerk's designed and created for cataloging details the movies and much more. As for WMP 11, I believe it uses a built-in version of SQL for its databasing needs. Picasa uses SQLite IIRC as well. This allows for the fastest startup times when it comes to huge collections until iTunes on Windows which uses XML for its database. I'll see if I have any free time to whip something up but it won't be as flash as movieClerk. movieClerk's taken near on a year now and it's still not 100% complete.
  17. Dream_Team is correct IIRC. ffmpeg should be able to decode .flv and .mov files. At least it does here.
  18. movieClerk is a free movie cataloging program harnessing the power of SQL Express and Amazon.com* to bring you a lightning fast and robust application. Keep track of where your movies are at. Whether they be physical discs or playable files on the hard drive, movieClerk can handle them all. Search your collection in an instant and find what you're looking for without having to ever leave the computer. Export your collection to a multitude of popular formats and share your collection with others. Share those hard to find movies with others with Tickets - another exciting feature of movieClerk! It's all at your fingertips when you use movieClerk! *.net 2.0 Framework and SQL Server Express are required for this application. Please be sure these are installed before running movieClerk. While movieClerk is fully functional, I've been using in one form or another for about a year now, it is still in a beta-ish state. Therefore some features may be, and some definitely are, in a state of transition and will not be available or change as I update movieClerk. As with all my other releases, let me know if you come across any bugs or if you happen to have any ideas on how to make movieClerk better! Download from my site here. Please be kind to my bandwidth though.
  19. Glad I could help mate. BASS is a great little library! Great to hear about Flying Cow being ported over to C#. Really looking forward to it.
  20. Great stuff mate! Might I suggest using BASS though for the audio? Or even DirectShow that way you can use it to play both audio and video? The plus side of using DS is that it uses the codecs already installed on the the computer - no need to hunt down plugins. If it plays in WMP, it'll play in your program. I can give you some sample codes in C# (not very hard at all to convert to VB.net) if you're interested. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. And if it's skinnable...it'll be getting the Tango! treatment for sure! Offtopic: Any word / development on the dll or ocx version of Flying Cow? Still waiting mate! hehe
  21. Not at this moment, sorry. I've been really busy with work lately and what free time I get is stretched between spending time with my wife and prepping movieClerk for a release.
  22. Ouch. German setup window? Thank god for my 5 years of it in school...hehe Still though, I have .net 3.5 installed and yet it complained about it (I think, my translation may be rusty). Why include an installer for something so little? Can we possibly get a standalone zip file?
  23. Andrew would have to issue an update for his Weather Kapsule pointing to the new URL. I'm afraid there's nothing else that can be done.
  24. It's not RKLauncher that is the problem. It's the weather docklet. The script for the docklet needs to be updated to point to the new URLs. Off-topic: RKLauncher hasn't been updates in quite some time and I doubt we'll ever see a new version in the near future.
  25. A bit off-topic but has anyone seen Cube 3 aka Cube Zero? I still haven't been able to find a copy of it any where.