Kaelron

• Last visited

Kaelron's Achievements

1. What programs do you need to use? Most Windows programs have Linux counterparts. As far as using Linux for a computer you need to use the internet on, office type documents, etc. Linux works very good for that.
  2. Haven't tried the FTP support yet, but I love this program. Very cool. Thanks Andrew.
  3. Huge fan of Rush, Fates Warning, Ayreon, Opeth, OSI, Dream Theater, Devin Townsend, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree, Psychotic Waltz, Deadsoul Tribe, King's X, Vanden Plas, and so on and so forth.
  4. Have you tried to use it? I just opened it, got the "expired" message, but then it ran and worked just fine. Awesome little app andrew.
  5. Last shot for the month of May (sorry, not aqua, but don't shoot me!): WB: Ecliz Deluxe Wall: Not sure where I got it Icons: Apogee
  6. I love it. Using it right now.
  7. Syndrome: Just run the installer again (or redownload and run). It will unistall the program.
  8. strija: If you pay the 49.95 you get all the programs (permanently) and all updates for the next year. That does not entitle you to all updates for the life of the products, but considering how many of the products get updates each year, it is a pretty darn good deal. Once you purchase, you can purchase additional year subscriptions at $34.95. I have been a subscriber for a couple of years now and think it is absolutely worth it.
  9. It is painfully true. Ignore all that MS has done for the personal computing industry, for all of us as consumers, etc. It is just so 'cool' to hate M$ (holy crap, I hate when people do that!!!). Vista has some nice eye candy. But that is just the surface (pun intended). There is an awful lot going on in Vista that XP cannot reproduce.
  10. I like this a lot. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the 1600x1200.
  11. Yes, it is always running. But so is the default theme service. If you run Windoblinds you can turn off the default theme service. Either way, unless you are only using the Windows classic look, you have an extra process running. And because of the improvements since the release of WindowsXP, the Windowblinds skinnin engine is more efficient and will use less memory than using UXTheme Patcher and running a visual style (if the themes are comparable).
  12. Themes, like flyakite and other msstyle themes have to do one thing first. They modify the uxtheme.dll file to allow the native WindowsXP theme service to use themes that are not digitally signed by Microsoft. So, flyakite alters a system file to allow you to use a different theme. Windowblinds runs its own theme engine to sking the UI. No, you cannot start it, load a theme and then unload it and still have the theme stick. So, yes, you have to have Windoblinds running at all times. Now, it has been bundled more into the OS with more recent versions, so you don't have the process wbload.exe running as you used to have. But here is the deal. Even if you are using WindowsXP's inherent themes service, you have an extra process running, the Themes Service (just go to Run->services.msc and you will see that the Themes service is enabled. This is hidden in one of the many svchost.exe processes that you have running right now (just check, you have a bunch of them running I bet, everyone does.) So, if you are using Windoblinds you can simply disable the Themes Service and let WB do the work. Either way, you have a process running in RAM, either Windowblinds or or the Themes Service. And the truth is, using the same theme, Windowblinds will use less system resources because it dishes much of the work off to your graphics card. Afterall, the Themes service is many years old now, but Windoblinds has continued to be updated and improved. Long post short, it doesn't matter which you use, themes like in flyakite or Windowblinds, both use RAM, both load a process. Just one of those (Windowblinds) has come a long, long way since the Themes service was implemented.