nickheer

News Posters
  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickheer

1. The database exploded about a month ago.
  2. And I can buy a Honda Civic for 5% of the price of a Ferrari F430 and make it quicker in a straight line. But it's still a Honda Civic. We'll see a MacBook in aluminum (and obviously with a spec/feature bump), a MacBook Pro with rounder beveling (like on the MacBook Air) and a feature bump, and we'll see a slight spec boost for the Air. And you're reading too much into "spotlight", Levi. What would you suggest that means? I'm thinking it means that the metaphorical spotlight is turning to some literal notebooks.
  3. If I had the power to ban people from the internet, I wouldn't hesitate to use it in this case.
  4. Nope. That's Preview.app, in fullscreen.
  5. Look! Someone else can use Photoshop besides this guy. In all seriousness, it's more than likely a fake. Why post a photo of your computer displaying the image when you can Cmd + Shift + 4? There's blurring in the second image as well (look around the title bar), and if Apple's website were really displaying that image, we'd all sort have seen it by now, wouldn't we? Also, they wouldn't use Macy Gray's album again in a new campaign. They change which music is featured on the box each time.
  6. Nice description. A+, would read again. Anyway, this is directly from the source. Doesn't get any fresher than this. Get it while it's hot. 1.3 MB JPG lies ahead: http://h4xr.org/mc9m
  7. Try typing your .mac login into the Mobile Me login box and see what happens. Might prompt you for payment, or it might just do nothing.
  8. It's all in one, so click on the preview. Walls: Top 2 are Auros by Bobbyperux. Bottom one is the Dark Knight by Louie Mantia. Icons: Top 2 use Summer Drives by Jonas Rask. Bottom one uses Blend by Laurent Baumann. Both use the Kobhens in the dock, by Roberto Urso. Dock is Aele by esXXi, I think, though I could be wrong. I think that's everything... Mods are by me, NFR.
  9. Download here I bundled together 18 photos that I took, and cropped them to 1920 x 1200. About half are automotive, the other half are nature. I'm not a professional photographer, but I thought someone might like to use these.
  10. Well, if you plug it into a 240V socket instead of a paltry 110V one, 71 naked girls will come into your room and hold you and the iMac aloft while you type on it. Yes, it's a computer. You'll be back to doing the same sort of stuff that you did on a PC, obviously. If you don't want it, ship it here. I'll pay for shipping.
  11. This gets asked every week. No.
  12. Preview.app. Open the icns file, click File > Save As... and choose PNG. Do that for every size in the drawer.
  13. Did you get a confirmation of delivery email? They might just be in the process of sending it back to you, if you left any evidence of a jailbreak on there.
  14. Levi - that's probably the only way. Since you've customized the iWeb template quite a lot (by the looks of it), it would be best just to get Smultron or CSS Edit to edit the page, and Cyberduck to upload via FTP.
  15. Don't forget that you effectively "rent" the iPhone. You may get to keep the device in the end (I forget what the contract says), but you pay $70/mo. to use it. Your Mac is something you own - you don't have to pay monthly dues to use it.
  16. Have you ever posted your real name online? Ever? If so, it's typically super simple to track down your school, and just about anything else. I'm not trying to be creepy or scare you.
  17. Transmission. Why can't you use Google?
  18. You would find available wireless networks in the AirPort menu bar extra. You'll see something that looks like this: If you can't see that, navigate to SystemLibraryCore ServicesMenu Extras, and double click on the Airport.menuextra item (I think that's what it's called anyway).
  19. Read my reply to your third question. Not sure about this one. There was an app kicking around a while ago, called Carbon Copy Disk or something. Might want to take a look for that. The archive and install wastes HDD space, in my opinion. Best to manually back up files, then do a fresh install. I think Apple calls it a clean install. I'm not really sure. I had to do that too! Simple steps: From the Advanced menu in iTunes, select "Consolidate Library". This will put all of your music in your Users(you)MusiciTunes Library folder. When that's done, just copy your Music folder (in your home folder) to your backup disk.
  20. It should have a DVD reader in it. Hold down the Option key while clicking the Apple in the top-left corner, and select "System Profiler..." On the left, select Disc Burning. Then you can check what it can read/write. To format your drive, fire up Disk Utility (located in ApplicationsUtilities), select the drive and go to Format. When it asks what file type, select HFS+. Your NTFS drive will be able to be read from, but you can't write to it. RAM can be found at http://www.macsales.com/ Hopefully I answered a few questions well enough. I don't know what's up with the wireless network. Is your home network 802.11n only?
  21. As Phantom_Lord said, it's just drag and drop. RTFM or JFGI - your choice.
  22. Mmm... Ossomâ„¢. Nice work!