nickheer

News Posters
  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickheer

1. 256kbps AAC is good. I'd also recommend variable bitrate. That way, the song only uses what it needs in terms of bitrate. So, if you have one song that's less complicated, it'll use a slightly lower bitrate than one that's more complicated. This method usually works for me.
  2. This question gets asked 3 times per second (Ref. 1), and my answer always stays the same: Apple closely guards their secrets. They don't blab about future updates too often. If you think you can live with the current speed, and won't be too disappointed when a new MBP comes out and is .2GHz faster, or has the new keyboard design, then order one right now. (Ref. 1) Time Magazine. March '08 issue, page 63. I don't know where you get your figures from, but a regular MBP costs $1,999. They usually keep the prices roughly the same and just add more features. Please don't just pull figures from the air, or iGo will kick your butt
  3. Well... then... purchase it? A great deal of classical music performances are in the public domain. If you don't want to download it, and don't want to purchase it, then you're kind of out of luck.
  4. It's an OK design. My biggest problems with it, apart from mike868y's suggestions, are that it looks a bit like one of those web pages when a web site is down (example). It's got that feeling to it. There's nothing about it that's offensively bad, it's just that it doesn't make me want to order a website from you. EDIT: And since this is a professional website, you're not a charity. The "Donate" button sends a conflicting message.
  5. No problem I updated Jelly Labs and MTF, but forgot here. So, it's up on the original post.
  6. Here's a preview of what it looks like on my desktop: (Skitch). Hope you like it Update: Hey... want a PSD? Here you go (± 25MB). I've added instructions, and actually labelled my layers to try to help.
  7. ...but there's no news in it? Love the toilet paper. Very classy.
  8. How are you trying to revert it? Try just dragging whatever icon you've got in the iTunes well out of the well.
  9. I use Photoshop to make the icon (because that way, I can "place" the poster in a DVD case-style background), then I save the picture as a PNG-24, to preserve transparency. Then I use Icon Composer to make the ICNS file, then either Candybar or the Get Info panel in Finder to change the icon. More info can be found at this excellent tutorial.
  10. Ooh Yeah. Clean sweep // Cluttered
  11. I'd pay the $8 (or less) for a domain. This site (Name Secure) is pretty good.
  12. No. The radio in iTunes is internet radio. Even the iPod Touch, with an internet connection, cannot connect to internet radio. At least, not one in un-jailbroken condition.
  13. I'd swear this question gets asked every month. Search (at the top of the page) for "screenshot thumbnail" or "snapshot border" or something along those lines.
  14. $250 for a MacBook? Methinks you're soon going to be a victim of fraud. Unless I'm reading that wrong. 1) Upgrades of OS X and new versions cost the same amount - $129. There aren't 8 different versions of OS X, including upgrades, which is nice 2) My guestimate for a brick-and-mortar store would be about $100. Buying them online from macsales.com would be significantly cheaper, and, while I've never personally ordered stuff from them, I know people who are very satisfied with their service. 3) Aperture and Photoshop, IMO, are in completely different segments. Aperture is like iPhoto on steroids, but without the side effects (or Barry Bonds). I use Aperture mostly for photo cataloguing (it's really good at that), creating albums for the web and print, and colour editing. Photoshop is a key application for serious editing. Aperture's not great at, for example, removing a distracting sign or power pole in a photo. So, a combination of the two is ideal. iWork is fantastic. It's better than MS Office in nearly every area, in my opinion. The only thing is that Numbers isn't good for someone who's used to having every function in Excel. Excel is still the best for hardcore number crunching, and there is a version of MS Office for Mac, if that interests you. Hope I helped.
  15. My comfortable setup on the other side of my room. Really nice for web browsing, chat, relaxing things.
  16. If this is the future, I want to stay where I am right now, thanks.
  17. Completely a shot in the dark, but try this: That is seriously the weirdest description ever for any "what's that song" Where did you hear it, might I ask? If you can remember, I might be able to narrow it down a bit. EDIT: Male sounding. Darn. But it's a good song anyway
  18. Nope. By the way, it took me about 3 times to figure out what you said there.
  19. I had some issues like that. What you have to do is stick your OS X DVD in your drive, then reboot your computer holding the "C" key. This will boot it from the CD. Just keep holding it until you see the install screen. If my memory serves me correct, the first screen is like a "hello" screen, then the next is a language screen. You want to accept/continue on both of those screens. Once you're at the next screen, go to Utilities in the menu bar, and choose "Disk Utility" from there. And repair your disk from in there. Hope that helps.
  20. Yep. Aqua Soft says "happy April first!", I guess.
  21. Is it that the screenshot thread hasn't been posted yet?
  22. Ah, beta releases. But, as far as I know, Safari 3.1 (a real, full release) is actually really good on Windows.
  23. Yeah, Helvetica Neue all around. I just adjusted the spacing a bit. It's alright - just thought it was a bit funny =D Levi - Glad that worked and you didn't kill your Mac. I've never seen that command before - do you mind walking us through it?