About philou

• Birthday 06/03/1987

Contact Methods

• MSN
    philipp@funkensturm.de
  • Website URL
    http://philipp.funkensturm.de

philou's Achievements

1. shameless self-advertising: http://brumm.deviantart.com/ also, I did most of the photos of http://poseurdebombes.deviantart.com/ amazing streetart pieces :cool:
  2. Thanks for the answer and insights, yes that helped. I'm trying to put together a little quicksilver-esque program which lets you search incrementally through the active windows' menu and send a WM_COMMAND message with the associated menu id. This works flawlessly with standard windows applications, but fails with certain fancy menus. For Photoshop I went the extra mile and exported the default menu structure via Photoshop itself as a .htm file, read out the menu IDs and put all this together in a text file which serves as a kind of plugin. The downside off this is the amount of work to put this file together (and maintain it for different languages), and the inability to determine the state of menu item (eg. menu items appearing in the list which are MFS_DISABLED or/and MFS_GRAYED) I'm using AHK, which offers some ways to hook into windows, but I agree that it is not worth the hassle. (I really should get around to actually learn a higher level language.) Anyways, thanks
  3. Hi folks, I'm searching a way to get photoshop menu texts with their associated ID, to later call them via PostMessage. I'm using a scripting language with DllCall abilities, and tried GetMenuString() and GetMenuItemInfo() - neither does work. IDs are retrieved, though. (via GetMenuItemID()) Does someone have an idea or could point me in the right direction?
  4. I'm not going to pretend that I have any actual knowledge of maths, or guarantee that this is what you've searched for, but here's a (shortened) code snippet I used in a scripting language to get x/y data for positioning buttons in a circular form. Maybe it's useful for you: DrawCircle(center_x, center_y, Radius, NumOfItems) { Degree = 0 PointSpacing := 360 / NumOfItems Loop, %NumOfItems% { XPos := sin(DegToRad(Degree)) * Radius + center_x YPos := cos(DegToRad(Degree)) * Radius + center_y Degree += PointSpacing } }(This'll start the the Circle at 6 o' clock, then proceed clockwise.)
  5. It's nice What would be even nicer, and I hope this is not frowned upon, would be a version with just the wood texture, for us minimalists
  6. Sure there is, I'm a bit puzzeled by the fact you don't know about Avedesk's Pidlshortcuts. Create a new Pidlshortcut (now called AvedeskIcon in Avedesk 2.0 Beta), open the desklet properties and have a look at "Label" and "Label format".
  7. Argh, I was dead tired yesterday and forgot some info - thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at the fan (which I took off during cleaning)... D'oh! On the secondary thing... I'm running a dual monitor setup, the primary port connected to the primary monitor. During games, I still can see the Desktop on the secondary monitor, which screws up too, at the peak of the errors. (but in a different pattern.) I've never even heard of a crossfire mode, but I'll look into it. The pattern on the screen is like a second (but frozen) image - which overlays suddenly, not gradually. I'll try to make a video of the problem later. Thanks for your advice, guys! Edit: The fan's running, as far as I can see. I'll check the card itself later.
  8. Okay, folks, please bear with me. I am uttermost illiterate when it comes to all things related hardware. Since recently, my display acts up when I try to run 3D games, it works for a short time, but then goes all crazy: At most times, the pc crashes after that. I installed new drivers, but to no avail. I don't really have the heart to admit this, but recently I took my graphics card apart too clean it from dust... I really hope I didn't damage anything. The card's a ASUS X800GTO Series Secondary, according to AIDA32. Did I really feck up my graphics card..?
  9. Yeah Levi! The last one reminds me a lot of Guybrush Threepwood in Monkey Island 3 - Without the curls, of course.
  10. Nope, I don't mind. Thanks for de-borting me
  11. I don't care if I deserve a birthday thread or not, I'll post it anyway, Muhahaha! *pets birthday present, a shiny new diNovo Edge* Edit: Darn, how embarrassing to misspell the title... Blame the new Keyboard layout ^^
  12. oh, I recently cleaned up my server and must have accidentely deleted the archive ^^; it's up again, sorry for the fuss - and thanks for trying it out
  13. Thank you! This is developed to be a WindowBlinds Skin, but there have been many requests for a Msstyle version... So, either someone is willing to port it, or I'll do it... sometime.
  14. I think you mean PsManip - it's an app to manipulate the Photoshop CS2 Window, to make it more mac-like - See here