philou

• Last visited

Everything posted by philou

1. there's almost no words for how awesome this is.
  2. I'd like to request a feature *shy* It would be cool if FindeXer would notice whether it's been opened from a folder which isn't in the list, so it adds a "current folder" icon on top of the others. IMHO, this would be especially useful for file-copying and other tasks, where you'd want to go to The Folder Where It All Started™ but don't want to add it manually.
  3. http://phillryu.com/2006/07/17/macthemes-forums-status/
  4. wallpapers: (NSFW, as stated above) http://www.netzkobold.com/index.php?/archi...ech-fetish.html
  5. It works, it wooorks I love you alianyn!
  6. ^ Nonsense. iloveosx, you'll need a program like or similar to Hawkeye ShellInit. Search the board. Also, his question has been asked a gazillion times.
  7. PSManip 0.3 is out +AutoManip the Photoshop window +Click on a Palette and hit Win+T to make it Transparent. Win+Z to revert. +Small Bugfixes Download ZIP (197 KB)
  8. @aqua-yack: That's already implemented, right-click an item and choose edit to change the icon (transparent pngs are supported)
  9. The last one is from a set calles Breakfast > www.rad-e8.com
  10. Maybe tomorrow. I'm not feeling adventurous right now, since I don't know exactly what the dll does Why don't you try it? Edit: NO, don't try it, seems like shdocvw.dll is too important to be so simply replaced
  11. lmao! this is priceless simon! thanks for diggin' out this thread
  12. Okay, I located the key where the relevant data fo displaying FindeXer is stored HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesCLSID{377D8121-EFAA-4D1C-981B-8BFAD9F10DE3} And the default Folder view is stored here: ( it links to %systemroot%system32shdocvw.dll ) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTCLSID{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}InProcServer32 I'm now trying to rename FindeXer.dll to shdocvw.dll, let's see if this opens FindeXer instead of Folder View (this is the messy way) Edit: did not work, windows complains that the file is already in use and bla
  13. yeah, glad to be a help some notes on regmon: I'd suggest you to filter everything but explorer.exe or the process you want to watch, because it monitors the registry at realtime which can put some stress on a aged pc. don't even bother to search for findexer from within regmon (even with filtering, explorer.exe is just a mess), save as .LOG instead
  14. About the registry thing, I'm no pro at the registry, but I went ahead and downloaded Regmon from SysInternals let it highlight all of explorer.exe's actions and opened FindeXer, saved the logfile and searched for the string "findexer"... that's what I got: 7874 32.21858597 explorer.exe:3428 QueryValue HKCRCLSID{377D8121-EFAA-4D1C-981B-8BFAD9F10DE3}(Default) SUCCESS "FindeXer" 8807 34.82256699 explorer.exe:3428 QueryValue HKCRCLSID{377d8121-efaa-4d1c-981b-8bfad9f10de3}InProcServer32(Default) SUCCESS "C:Dokumente und EinstellungenPhilipp BrummDesktopFindeXerFindeXer.dll" 8810 34.82281494 explorer.exe:3428 QueryValue HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAppCompatFlagsLayersC:Dokumente und EinstellungenPhilipp BrummDesktopFindeXerFindeXer.dll NOT FOUND 8849 34.85691833 explorer.exe:3428 QueryValue HKCRCLSID{377D8121-EFAA-4D1C-981B-8BFAD9F10DE3}InprocServer32(Default) SUCCESS "C:Dokumente und EinstellungenPhilipp BrummDesktopFindeXerFindeXer.dll" 8893 34.90552139 explorer.exe:3428 OpenKey HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution OptionsFindeXer.dll NOT FOUND Dunno if you tried this already or if this even helps you at all
  15. Noticed a bug: When you re-load the settings, they're added to the existing config: http://philipp.funkensturm.de/dateien/jpg/findexerbug.jpg And there's the typo in the color-choosing window (defualt)
  16. Okay, debug version is uploaded, everyone who's having problems with the masking process just re-download the archive. If Masking out the window fails from within psmanip.exe, you should get an error. If you don't there's not much I can do. I'll keep researching, but alas, this no full-fledged AveManip (Ave, you know I love you) and you'll have to be happy with what I can whip up. I'm really sorry. Other than that, I really do try
  17. Going to test this ASAP O_O Awesome. Love the queued features! Edit: Cool. But not having it as a default view for every folder makes it kinda useless for me, but apart from that, congrats that you managed to get rid of the ugly caption bar! I'll definitley use it, once it'S able to be displayed by default. Oh, and you got a typo ("defualt") in the color choosing thingie
  18. Agh, Lame. That player thingie is from a winamp control docklet, dunno about the others. Sad.
  19. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm a absolute beginner at coding (I actually have one of those C++ books at my desk atm) so I went the easy way and used ahk, like I stated via PM AHK is not compiled in the common way, so it includes all code of autohotkey into my app which makes it that big. It won't get any bigger, though 1. Eh, okay. 2. answered above 3. That could be a solution, however, this should be done by someone else. Would you mind discussing my app in it's own little thread?
  20. Visit his deviantart gallery: http://probertson.deviantart.com/gallery/ Edit: here's another animation: ...I want to have the soundtrack from Baby Cabana o_O could anyone extract it from the mpg? (I don't have any clue how to do this )
  21. This indeed is weird. I'll compile a debug version which should report an Error, if WinSet, Region fails. Just give me some time to research wether it's a problem with PS or AutoHotKey. If any of you guys having problems could contact me via IM, I'll be able to respond more fluid and specifically I'm on GMT +1 ( ICQ# 83355615 MSN: philipp@funkensturm.de )
  22. Uh-Oh, first bug. Okay, first, re-download the archive. Then do the following: - Delete the old PSManip folder. I've used some new safe default settings, which are displayed when you're launching PSManip for the first time. - Start Photoshop - Start PSManip - Apply the default values. Your Photoshop window now should've been moved to X=100 Y=100 with a width of 500 and a height of 200. - The Mask hides everything outside its area, you'll notice that the mask width is equal to the window width per default. Now decrease the width about 50px (or the height) and Apply. - PSManip should cut off a part on the right of the Photoshop window. If it doesn't, I'll jump off the bridge. Naah, okay I won't. But you please do tell me what OS you're using (although I assume it's XP), Which Photoshop version (9.0 or 9.01) you're using, do you use some kind of window managing program or anything else that could interfere with PSManip in any way? Oh boy, how I do hope it's fixed with new version
  23. [offtopic] I LOVE download.com's layout It's just beautiful! [/offtopic]