iTim

• Last visited

Everything posted by iTim

1. I think you're both forgetting a Finder/My Computer replacement, which almost everyone is going to have on their dock.
  2. I'm still not a fan of the panel, but the icons look fantastic.
  3. Lighten it a bit, and I think that'd be the perfect background for the default for this dock as well. Similar enough to look good, dissimilar enough to not get in trouble.
  4. That is rather nice. You should consider doing a replacement for the Finder icon as well.
  5. I wholeheartedly disagree. If your goal is to blend the dock with it's background, set the opacity way down. Most people will want the dock to actually be prominent, either to match their theme, taskbar, whatever. I say we just stick with the default leopard theme, maybe changing the curve effect in the glass, changing the indicators, and changing the separators. To me, that'd be the perfect default for this project.
  6. Ridiculous idiocy? I didn't answer your questions because you'll find answers after about 5 minutes of Google searching. Your original post was just as pointless as mine, but mine was funny. The end.
  7. Why are we still arguing over what the defaults should be? That's easily one of the most trivial things discussed in this thread yet. 95% of us will end up changing it to something else (either for emulation purposes or simply to have something different) anyway. Grab something either glass or metal, that shows reflections rather nicely, and go with it. Problem solved.
  8. I'm really not big on either of them. I'd much rather have (For a default skin anyway) something leopard-ish, but just different enough to avoid legal problems.
  9. I don't think anyone would mind if a "Donate" button was added to the dock's about box, and perhaps preloaded onto the dock when it's first installed, similarly to the way RK has a link to it's home page when you first install. That said, if you're looking to make more than a nominal amount of money on this, you've probably got your hopes set way too high.
  10. Could we get back on topic now?
  11. I've updated my English language file, still cannot use any skins other than default. I've got version 5.2 of XWindows Dock. No, I did not do a clean install to 5.2, I saw no reason to and really don't feel like rebuilding my dock.
  12. You sure? I'm using these skins: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...44&postcount=38 http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...45&postcount=39 http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...&postcount=1571 The screencaps below show CProgsXWindowsDockSkins folder. I'm assuming that's the folder I need to put my files in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  13. I know this has been asked before, but I still cannot figure out how to turn a .smxd file into a usable skin. Could anyone help please?
  14. For the longest time, my school had the worst Gateway laptops. They were terrible, took like 15 minutes to log in. Actually, we still have them. But next year we'll be getting Macbooks. We've already got classrooms full of brand new 20" iMacs, and we've even got extra that they throw in random rooms to never get used (case in point, there's two iMacs in my culinary room. Never been turned on.)
  15. Not a single one of those worked.
  16. Actually, Windows 7 will (more likely than not) fully integrate Internet Explorer into it's OS, so it'll no longer be a stand alone program. After all, they're pushing for cloud computing with Windows 7. (To use Word, etc, you'll log onto live, and it'll be online, similar to Google's apps.) Nothing will really be stored on your hard drive, it'll all be on the cloud. Essentially, your computer will be a gateway to access your files.
  17. No, Windows 7 will not come with any applications. To get applications, you must log on to Windows Live, and download them. Microsoft hopes to use this as a strategy to take down Google. By forcing people to go onto live, they also hope to force people to use Live search. It's typical Microsoft, nothings changed.
  18. Would it be possible to get a post somewhere with links to all the themes and docklets in this thread? Their rather hard to find, and I'd definitely appreciate it.
  19. Gmail Myspace Suntrust Photobucket YouTube Netflix Interfacelift *Does not compute* Aquasoft deviantART Feeds (RSS News) Diving (All my scuba sites, plus some surfing) CN
  20. Matonga, any chance of an iCal docklet next? That's all I'm really missing. Preferably showing the current time on mouseover. I'd appreciate it!
  21. I'm working, 4-10PM. Still, I wonder what kind of "customers" will walk into Winny-Dee on Halloween night. We get rock monsters on Sunday nights, so this should be interesting.
  22. I still use Myspace. Mainly because everyone I know still uses myspace, and I never too the time to figure out (no point) facebook.