Hellmark

• Last visited

About Hellmark

• Birthday 09/26/1984

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.hellmark.org

Hellmark's Achievements

1. What was the most glaring bit of fakery was the photo if it in the HiFi. Too crisp, too clean, no glare or anything.
  2. On the sides, I think they were going for an iPod type feel, where the sides and bottom were polished metal. As far as the screen, definitely a bad job. Angle isnt 100%, no depth, no glare or texture to the screen, etc,
  3. To add on to the thing for KDE4, from what I've heard, there's supposed to be like a ~90% compatability rate for dashboard's widgets, with the only stuff not running is Applescript, and such.
  4. Hello, I'm new around here. Friend of Wizard's from school. Not a Windows user, but I run a mac and numerous linux boxes, so can help out with that stuff. Wiz showed me the site, and it seemed like a nice group of people, so I thought I'd drop in on ya.
  5. There will always be AntiMS feelings, even among hardcore windows users. You can't please everyone, and thats the basic jist of it. Personally, on most of my machines, I go with a basic 9X style theme, if possible, reguardless of the OS (which only like 2 out of my 7 or 8 computers run Windows). Its unobtrusive, simple, and doesnt take much space. That's my feelings, and I'm sure there are just as many who disagree. Thats the nice thing about computers, there are so many options, that we don't have to use the same thing. As far as the menu bar, is it just me, or does having to hit a keyboard combo to be able to view menus seem counter productive? With most other systems, if the menu isn't readily available on the window, its either placed elsewhere, or appears when you move the cursor into the space that the menus would normally appear. Just most schools of thought for productivity like to use the keyboard only, or the mouse only, not alot of mixing for simple tasks.
  6. Actually the radio station pays a conciderable amount to the RIAA and the record labels to play the music. Its really crappy how they've been trying to change the fair usage laws to suit them. People laughed when Bill Gates sent his open letter to hobbyists back in the '70s, so why is this any different? Why are they being taken so seriously? Its called money, they pay off the right people, hire the right lobbyists, etc (which at the time Gates couldnt do). I got a big stack of CD's right here, and I'll continue to play them on my computers for as long as its possible, even if it requires hacking a bit of code together to do it.