Rez.

• Last visited

Everything posted by Rez.

1. If you are using Windows XP Pro, You don't need a third party app. You can do it in Gpedit.
  2. Rez.

White key

I second the upload request. I've been looking for this for a while now ...
  3. Try the following: In Explorer, Go to Tools > Folder Options > Filetypes Tab. Find an entry called 'Folder' (It should be at the top of the list somewhere). Right click on it and make sure that the 'Open' is present and that it is set to default. If it exists but is not default, Simply highlight it and click on the "Set as default" Button. If it does not exist, Click 'New' and in the 'Action' Field, Type 'Open'. In the 'Application to be used' Field type the following :%SystemRoot%Explorer.exe /idlist,%I,%L and click ok. Make is default.
  4. Your Video Card has to support DirectX 9 in hardware. There really is no other opton than to upgrade the Video Card.
  5. Here's a tutorial you may find useful ... http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....=font+smoothing
  6. Download I'm loving the Buuf Windowblinds theme by D-Ezra and the Buuf Iconset by Matahan. I made these Launchy skins to complete my desktop and thought I would share. Thanks to the authors for all the hard work.
  7. In Rainlendar's settings go to Layout>Position and choose the 'OnDesktop' option.
  8. I think that's Tiger Graphite by Kol.
  9. I've never come across a standalone system tray app before despite several searches for one. The two viable soloutions I ever found was to make a DesktopX widget and set it to function as a System Tray. It's as easy as clicking a few buttons and it's skinnable. The drawback ofcourse is that DesktopX is payware. The second way is to use Litestep. Free but comes with a learning curve. As for the minimize function, I think there is an App here at Aqua-Soft that minimizes Windows as objects on the desktop. I'm not sure if that's what you mean though. Do a search and you'll find it. I think it's called Nubs or something like that ... Good luck.
  10. Just make sure the crescent doesn't get confused for Turkey ...
  11. Well the flat out answer would be - There isn't a single flag that represents Arabs. They are different nations with surprisingly different customs, traditions and dialects. I guess you could go with the Saudi flag or perhaps the Egyptian one. Perhaps a generic flag with the words 'Arabic Language' on it? If I can find my qwerty Keyboard i'd gladly take a snapshot of the those words in Arabic for you ....
  12. RKLauncher doesn't exactly install in the traditional sense. It maybe partially Vista incompatible. That startup option may simply set a regisrty entry in the Run key. It could be the way RKLauncher sets that registry key that is incompatible with Vista.
  13. Sounds like XP is pulling copies of the modified DLLs from the DLL cache. You could try emptying the DLL cache and then running SFC again ... You really could have reformatted by now ...
  14. To be honest other than trying to do a 'Repair Install' , The only other option is a total 'Reinstall'. There is really no other option to replace modified system files. It sucks but C'est la vie. Also, Unbeliever isn't responsible for the installer, It's not his project.
  15. I do believe iTunes reads Albumart that's embedded into the actual song (I could be wrong) though). There is an option in the AveTunes Plugins to enable reading albumart from a Folder.jpg image that is usually included in the some folder that the song resides in. Right Click AveTunes Desklet >Desklet Properties>iTunes Interaction Tab>Check 'If there is no artwork, try to use folder.jpg' Option .. However, I don't know wether or not this feature works with Winamp. Only other thing you can do is embbed your albumart into the tracj with something like Tagscanner Pro ... Hope this helps and experiment ...
  16. Just make sure that after SFC has completed, You go straight to windows update. If SFC restores from the XP CD, You may be running a system with vulnerable system components.
  17. You could use a program called 'Shell Enhancer'. It's one of those swiss army knives of desktop customisation aka Does a load of different things. One of the things it does do is make any window (Either by Application or Title name) transparent. The window can be set to fully transparent or partially (It works with a slider). The transparency effect is a little hidden so ill give you a heads up : After you've installed the app, Start it and right click on it's Icon in Systray and choose Settings > Settings. Then Go to the AUto Managed Tab. Click on the Add icon and you should get a wizard dialouge. choose the app you want to make transparent ans click next. Make sure 'Allow X-Window style moving/resizing' is checked then click next. check 'colour key' and move the mouse over the picker, left click and drag it over the notepad window untill it turns into the same colour as the picker colour tab. then select the 'Transparent' option and the amount of transparency you want the window to have (0= Fully transparent). Click Next and then finish. Restart notepad (Or your app of choice) and you should have a window with a transparent background. I've noticed that on apps like notepad when you type there is an issue that appears only sometimes with the text. It sometimes renders incorrectly but this could be because of the fact that my graphics card is not very powerful. Hope that helped. shellhancer can be had here : http://www.nuonsoft.net/shellenhancer
  18. Just throwing this out there as another option. If you want a 'Move To' and 'Copy to' entry on any context menu without using another piece of software, Use these two Reg Files ... For Copy To: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTAllFilesystemObjectsshellexContextMenuHandlersCopy To] @="{C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}" For Move To: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTAllFilesystemObjectsshellexContextMenuHandlersMove To] @="{C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}" You may have to kill Explorer and reload it or else reboot. Usually it works without doing either so check your context menu in explorer first. Hope that helped.
  19. i'll ask the question that always gets me blasted off a forum. Have you made sure the Taskbar is unlocked? Right click Taskbar and make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is unchecked. If this is the case, All you have to do is drag the Taskbar to the top of your screen and then relock it.
  20. Well there seems to be a problem with the 30 day timout lock. After less then 24 hours OB 2.0 says my limit has expired ... Fastest month ever
  21. Good to hear that the old themes still work to an extent. @iiswiis .. Thanks for the info. I hope you'll get back to us with more of your findings.
  22. Just a heads up for those who have been waiting for a new release of OB ever since 1.6 came out. Stardock released Objectbar 2.0 today and have apparently fixed alot of the bugs users complained about in the last version. Read more here : http://www.stardock.com/newsitem.asp?id=916 For those who don't already have a purchased copy OB1.6 (And are not planning to buy OB2.0) I wouldn't bother downloading the trial as it only allows you to use the skins that come with it. I'd appreciate anyone upgrading to tell me here wether or not OB2.0 accepts older themes (For example CRNI themes) ...
  23. For me, Text-like launchers (Or Run like launchers) are the way to go. When I used to have a mac nothing but quicksilver was used. Now in Windows I use either Launchy or the Run command to launch files and applications. Or if I'm using litestep, Bang commands. In my opinion this approach to finding/launching items on a computer leaves me with a clean desktop and severly cuts down the amount of effort it takes me to find/browse to what I want. Add to that a comprehensive task switcher (I use either Topdesk or Alttabswitch) and say goodbye to the taskbar.