chatpristi

• Last visited

Everything posted by chatpristi

1. WOW, That bloody good news, thanks a lot mate!
  2. Probably Charles Baudelaire or Arthur Rimbaud, in french ; or Wordsworth in english. It's funny I just rediscovered Wordsworth last night on opening an old book. The Sleeper in the Valley It is a green hollow where a stream gurgles, Crazily catching silver rags of itself on the grasses; Where the sun shines from the proud mountain: It is a little valley bubbling over with light. A young soldier, open-mouthed, bare-headed, With the nape of his neck bathed in cool blue cresses, Sleeps; he is stretched out on the grass, under the sky, Pale on his green bed where the light falls like rain. His feet in the yellow flags, he lies sleeping. Smiling as A sick child might smile, he is having a nap: Cradle him warmly, Nature: he is cold. No odour makes his nostrils quiver; He sleeps in the sun, his hand on his breast At peace. There are two red holes in his right side. Arthur Rimbaud
  3. This app looks really nice except it is a circle dock, which is for me unusable. I tried orbit or circle docks, they are fun to play with but for everyday use, nothing's like a good olg dock bar at the bottom or at the top. Yet, I reaaly like the apparent ease of use of this dock and it's smooth animations. Good job so far.
  4. Great job Mate! Thank you so much for sharing this little gem. Just a suggestion, could you enable the mousewheel?
  5. Merci Christian. Je n'avais pas vu que l'option était déjà intégrée. ... Après test ... J'ai deux raccourcis dans mon y'z dock, après avoir validé l'option, un seul des deux arrive à se décharger de la mémoire.
  6. Yes, I know it is always running, that's what I'm asking : Could it work like kkmenu : load on clik and unload once the stack is folded back. that would save ressource. What do you mean? What arguments can I use ?
  7. I really love standalone stacks. Thank you so much for sharing Christian. I'm using it with y'zdock at the moment. Just a question though, would it be possible to completely unload the program from memory once the stack has been closed. In Y'z dock, after the first use a running indicator remains under the icon.
  8. Great job thanks for the release. It works like a charm on my xp sp3 with Rocketdock. Just a suggestion: When clicking on a task representing a non minimized window, it minimizes it. I think it should bring it to the front instead.
  9. Thanks for your efforts Matonga, but version 2 does not work on my computer with Rocketdock 1.3.5 I add a new stackdocklet2 on my dock and it works but when I click the icon I get a window saying the program has hung.
  10. I understand, but that's all I could do. However I set converticon to make icons of all sizes from 16 to 128 px and they look good on my computer.
  11. I took them and converted them using punklab's converticon There you are... recycle.zip
  12. My heart also missed a beat... I tried the pre beta, looks promising. Thanks for all your efforts and time Matonga
  13. @Matonga You might try to send Polyvector and Skunkie (Rocketdock's authors) a message through this page : http://punklabs.com/press
  14. Sorry Bobah13, I didn't mean to hurt you with my comment. There now so many threads open on this forum for your dock that I can't keep up reading them all, I hadn't realized I wasn't the ony one stressing that point. I have posted once on a thread asking if the jerky animation was normal for my computer specs, the only answer I got was "your computer is obsolete". I KNOW IT IS, but I'm saving up for a macbook. I also once reported a problem with the animation on entering the dock (as Matonga explained earlier) I have noticed it has been corrected, at least partially. I am perfectly conscious about what Matonga says ,you have to manage two animations (icon+ reflexion) so It would be greedy, of course. I'm sorry if my comment was a little harsh, It's just that I'm frustrated with the animation because all the rest about yout dock is so far beyong my wildest expectation. By Panta: moved. Doesn't belong to the main thread...
  15. I've never seen sooo many options in a dock, this is really a beautiful job. Thank you very much Bobah13. BUT It is not usable on my pentium4 3.20ghz with agp gforce 5600 with 1GO of RAM (Rocketdock is) It's too heavy on resource. I think that even on a faster computer the magnification animation would not be as smooth as Rocketdock's. Be that as it may, it still is a great program, I only think it could be optimized for resource... but I'm not a programmer. By Panta: moved. Doesn't belong to the main thread...
  16. @shlvment : This is probably because there is a problem with your file associations for .reg files. Try this : Right click on Matonga's file and select "open with", then "choose program" scroll down the list and see if you find "regedit", if so, then select it (and you can check the "always use that program to open that file type" box at the bottom if regedit isn't there, clisk on the "browse " button and find it in "c:windows" That should work now, double clicking on the .reg file should now call regedit to write the file's information in the registry. (it should display a confirmation window to make sure you really want to write data to the registry, click "yes" and that's it !)
  17. What about J Reaver Media Jukebox ? I'm using it to manage my mp3s and transfer to my ipod and usb player.
  18. Glad I could help, but the great Idea is really Herby's he came up with that little script when the creators of Rocketdock changed the way it behaved with the desktop (the show desktop shortcut would hide the dock along with other windows)
  19. There is an application calles hot corners Here's the link : http://programsforpeers.googlepages.com/hotcorners With it you can assign a function to each corner of your screen. Then you need a little exe called minunminall :http://www.herbystweaks.net/minuminal.htm it hides all minimizable windows , if you really want to sho the desktop just link hotcorners with the showdesktop shortcut in the quicklaunch bar
  20. Just wondering what sort of computers you are all using. On my pentium 4 with nvidia fx 5600 128 mo XWD was slow and the animation was very jumpy in previous versions, but now it's simply slow for everything. Even opening a stack, which used to be fast and smooth is now extreeeeeemely slow. I mean, is my computer so obsolete ? Is this app only meant for dual core processors and pci express cards ?
  21. To me what needs improvement is not the stacks docklet (which I find great both for Matonga and Bobah13) but the zoom animation of the dock which is simply horrible on my computer, maybe it's too old, though (pentium 4 3 ghz nvidia fx5600 128 mo agp).
  22. I don't know if this problem has been reported but I don't have the time to read all posts. If you set the dock to av a manification effect on mouseover, the effect will be smooth when your cursor enters the dock in the middle, but if your cursor (that was outside the dock) gets close to the ends of the dock, there is no smooth magnification, the first or the last icon will suddenly jump from small to big. I hope my explanation was clear enough...
  23. I don't know if it can help but I had that problem of folders opening in new windows. It was after installing a program like xtra windows stability. What it did was it modified a key in the registry that made every instance of explorer.exe run as a separate process: that way if one instance craches, the others will be running fine and windows itslef won't crash. However that tweak is apparently not compatible with findexer. It seems logical ; every time you click on a folder link in explorer, windows will launch a new instance of explorer to display the content of that folder. Hope my explanations helped.