The Eggman

• Last visited

Everything posted by The Eggman

1. My WIP Windows desktop: *Click the image above* ---- ---- This is the Windows desktop I'm currently working on. It may not be done yet but the wallpaper is starting to look like what I had intended. On the other hand, things such as the taskbar icons for instance are still default and still have to be changed. ---- ---- Visual Style: Ayofe, Original by Gerrit Vanoppen (OS X) / Port by duyvan82 (WindowBlinds) Icons: Ayofe, by xcaliber & Gerrit Vanoppen Wallpaper: My attempt at creating a wallpaper to match the visual style and icons. It may not be done yet but I'm rather happy with it in a way, considering my lack of experience using Photoshop
  2. In the sphere of Linux screenshots, here's a one from my Ubuntu (Dapper Drake) desktop: Theme: Samui 2.0 (link is in the description of my DeviantArt submission) Wallpaper: April Showers by zila774 - background texture edited by me Icons: Made by me as well to fit with the wallpaper (The three harddrive icons belong to Samui as well though)
  3. -Click thumbnail- What better way to introduce myself than with a desktop screenshot... Here's an explanation of some of the things to see: * Theme: UNO 1.3 * Wallpaper: Original is called 'April Showers' and was made by zilla774. Background has been edited by me with a different texture. I'm sure most of you like the original better but I found this version to be easier on the eyes during the night. * Icons: Made by me. The words such as 'Applications' and 'Downloads' are the actual icons and therefore clickable. I didn't like the way my (old) icons looked on this wallpaper so I figured the orange flowers of the wallpaper would make for some excellent looking icons. At first I planned on using some transparent icons with a different (orange) font for their descriptions. The transparent icons could have then be put on top of the wallpaper's flowers. Instead, I ended up making some 128x128 PNG images with Photoshop myself, turned those into icons and put spaces in for their descriptions. My goal was for them to blend in with the wallpaper nicely, which in my opinion they do fairly well. You can see what I mean here or in the preview where I've highlighted one of the icons. * iTunes controller: Bezel for Menuet * Messenger: Adium X - Skin configured to match the dock
  4. Wow, I love the colour scheme you've used. I'll be sure to subscribe to this thread so I won't forget to follow it.
  5. I've had this problem as well a couple of times. I just ended up creating aliases and removing the allias badge (arrow). This seems to work for me, you might want to consider it if you can't find another solution.
  6. After seeing X-Men 3 just now I must say this is rather tempting, thanks
  7. I assume you're looking for Windows icons but in case you're not or if you're ever going to use OS X, be sure to have a look at these icons for Adium X: http://adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=xtras&xtra_id=1176 (Link fixed. -NC)
  8. You might like these as well: www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?p=244065#post244065 (you'll have to enter www yourself...Link fixed. -NC)
  9. Would there be an option to turn this off as well? I wouldn't mind using Y'z shadow or WB's native function but I'm just curious. I've used Kol's theme for quite a while before this but don't think I'll be switching back anytime soon
  10. I've been considering the option of using a Finder bar for quite a while now. When dobee finishes his WB skin of TigerV I'll be sure to try this one first. Keep up the great work
  11. My PC which is a little bit over a year now: • Intel 4 640 processor • 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB • 1024 MB, DDR 400 MHz • ATI Radeon X700 Pro • 320 GB, 8MB Cache HDD (2x 160 GB actually) • 19" TFT monitor
  12. Very beautiful indeed. The caption buttons of the WB version are a bit close to the taskbar though and for some reason my icons in the quick launch section and notification area got a bit compressed. I tried it a moment before I performed a format though so it might have been my settings that were to blame for the latter issue. I was using the msstyle version before that. Can't wait for it to finish though so I can try the Unified version _O_
  13. I'll second that, I bought my GameCube for Zelda alone and can't wait for the Twilight Princess, even if means having to buy a Nintendo Wii to play it.
  14. You are a .* Err... is that a good thing?
  15. Artist: Pink Floyd Track: Interstellar Overdrive Album: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn Next: track number 8 on the album
  16. Did you use GimpShop yourself as well? I've considered switching to it but I'm not sure how quick they are with updates and what not. It looks like a pretty good idea though. Would make it much easier to follow Photoshop tutorials as well.
  17. With Ubuntu 6.0.6 officially released today I have to say I'm getting more and more tempted to try it out. It like the way 'Dapper Drake' looks, yet it still looks clean as well. I would add a link but seeing as I can't you'll have to browse to the homepage yourself
  18. I've been browsing the forums for quite a while as well now. After registering a while ago I figured it was about time I started posting now. I guess it's the forums's lay-out that's so inviting
  19. I'll second that, dobee's latest (TigerV) runs great on my XP machine. I really like the Tiger style, I run UNO on my OS X machine as well.