haran

• Last visited

Posts posted by haran

1. I know this comment is kinda late and this thread might be dead but I was wondering if you can fix the glitch where you hover over FindeXer in inactive window and it becomes the top window but as soon as you move your mouse over an area that is not part of FindeXer, the window that was originally on top becomes on top again.

2. I thought of something. Instead of choosing in the preference if you drag an icon off the dock,it creates a shortcut or removes it, you can make something where the user chooses when if they drag it with the left click or the right click to do one of those. So like left clicking an icon out of the dock will create a shortcut and right clicking will remove it.

3. not sure if this is a bug or what or if this is the place to say it, but has anyone noticed when you add a custom stacks icon, the icon is squished? it's not as wide as previous versions. every other icon is normal, including the icons IN the stack. just the actual stack icon is weird.

and i'm using the same custom icons in both versions.

screens:

finder icon in 5.4

finder icon in 5.6

Yes, I find this a problem too. The icons are stretched vertically in 5.6 in stacks

4. Maybe because so many people (like me) use msn, describe how to get msn working in a readme or when you post the docklet and/or if the xmail docklet doesn't support hotmail, make it support hotmail.

Also, for when to notify person of mail. I don't know much about coding, but maybe when the unread mail number increases, it should notify you. Yes, it's possible for you to get new mail while you're reading mail, but that's not very possible and is the best idea I have so far. So what it will basically do is say keep a variable for unread mail; lets call the variable XYZ and you have 5 unread messages. When you read a message, unread messages will be 4, and XYZ = 4. But if you get new mail, unread messages = 5, and XYZ increases, and this is when it should notify you by audio.

So basically when XYZ increases, it should notify you.

Hopefully, this is a reasonable idea that works and I hope my explanation wasn't too confusing.

5. @Matonga: Docklet API does not allow me to jump the Icon. It only allows me to set a CanJump value, but not to trigger the jump-event. :( Otherwise, it should be possible.

@haran: Yes, that the only function. Drag files on it, to open it with your app. Fills a gap in the default functionality, nothing more. I would be happy, too, if it could be implemented into the core.

It's strange, that one bmp opens, the other one not. Can you give me the exact filenames, inclusive path please? Maybe there are some strange characters in it or something.

Edit: I found one of the problems of XLauncher. Uploading update, soon. Please report back, if this fixes your problems with some Files not opening...

Edit2: Bugfixed version of XLauncher uploaded. Please report back, if this fixes your problems.

OK, all files seem to open like they should, but the problem still remains where the hover text doesn't appear when you hover over an icon and you still can't move around icons.

6. Used to use safari cuz of the look and the speed is basically the same as firefox except it took way too long to open safari. I still use firefox even though it uses up so much memory for some reason but its the best because of its addons:

adblock plus

no script

google preview

fasterfox

cooliris

7. Here you have all bubble images.

Extracted from /Applications/iChat.app/Contents/PlugIns/Balloons.transcriptstyle/Contents/Resources/

Please be aware to only base your balloons on these, else you're on your own with Apple's lawyers. ;)

lol thanks

EDIT: And don't worry, I've actually found images from another skin, and the another one from deviantArt, and combined them together to create my own skin, so I actually never used these but thanks anyways.

8. Great! you can help me then! I still haven't even been introduced (in school) to grade 10 trigonometry yet :slant:. Can you write a direction (in radians) function from 0 to 2pi in math? Arguments are x1,y1,x2,y2. Return from 0 to 2pi radians

Edit: so if (x1,y1) was the center of a circle, (x2,y2) is a point on the circle represented as (cos θ, sin θ) and I need θ :P

Edit2: either arctan((y2-y1)/(x2-x1)) isn't working, or my bug lies elsewhere.

Edit3: I don't know delphi either :P I'm really just learning as I go along. Take a look at online pascal tutorials.

Edit4: I'm an idiot, I figured it out :)

Edit5: Hehe, I've almost got it now. Just need to make a matching fan animation and I'm all set :)

Edit6: Alright. I released it into the other thread. It's now available in all its bezier-curve goodness :P

Where did you post your new bezier-curve goodness animation. In the skins, you have the wobble and expand, but not bezier-curve.

And what's the difference between expand and wobble, I tested them both out, 1 after the other, and can't see a difference.

EDIT: ok so the Wind animation is the bezier-curve animation.

Also, to be truthful, I personally like fountain better than fountain2. Also, I cant decide which animation to use, Deal or Wind, because they're both awesome. Hopefully in newer versions, different stacks can have different effects.

9. The deal animation is awesome AndrewYY. Please make more. Also, where can I learn Delphi language. I am very good at math (just finished my gr. 12 advanced functions exam few days ago), it's just that I don't really understand the mathematical descriptions of animations.

10. I want to try out Miranda but I can't get AIM or msn working. I mostly use msn but I don't know how to set it up. None of my contacts are there and I don't think it signs in.

EDIT: The contact list automatically got imported but everyone is offline? How do I fix this?

EDIT2: I'm now using miranda 8 and can't get anything to appear on list again

11. @haran:

Are you using an administrator account or a limited user account?

WinExposé fails to save exception settings in the later case.

About your nVidia... did you try searching the archived nVidia drivers?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Product Type: GeForce

Product Series: GeForce 5 FX Series

Product: GeForce FX 5600

In the search results you'll find the ForceWare Release 90 drivers, which I bet will work for sure.

First of all, admin rights and everything. And second, thanks for the tip on "ForceWare Release 90" drivers. I'm going to try it out and see if it works.

EDIT: I downloaded 2 different drivers and they both didn't work.

The error I get is: The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

EDIT2: I downloaded some driver (s522vidx_guru3d.exe) and everything is working now but how would I know if I have the lateset version of the driver? Right now I have version 4.3.3.6. Also the driver date is 4/11/2003

When I googled "s522vidx_guru3d.exe" there was 1 result which is http://ftpsearch.archive.sunet.se:8000/ftp...guru3d%2Fnvidia which looks like a page with a bunch of nvidia drivers

12. Sure, that's what we are trying here :)

First you need Borland Delphi 7 to compile the source code into a working .dll to test your new animation.

The Source Code for the Linear-Animations is the file:

/xwindowsdock/effects/linear/linear.dpr

You actually don't need to understand a lot of coding in Delphi (you only need basic knowledge about the syntax and the IDE), then you have to change the algorithm I'm trying to discover/explain above.

Actually, you need more understanding about mathematical descriptions of animations, than of coding. If you understand the function GetGridRect() i posted above, you should be fine.

But if you have no clue, what I'm talking about, you better leave it to others ;)

O thanks. Exactly the answer I was looking for. And I googled Borland Delphi 7 but I'm not too sure what to download so can you please post a link to it.

Also, your animation is very good. But to make it better, slow it down just a little from the vertical to horizontal opening (hope you know what I mean).

EDIT: I don't think I need a link anymore

13. @haran:

Settings are stored into:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareWinExpose or Expose, can't remember.

However exceptions are stored into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoft...... which Vista ignores. Are you using Vista? BTW I should solve this bug in some elegant way (like storing exceptions into HKEY_CURRENT_USER).

No, I'm using windows xp sp2 and my graphics card is the NVDIA Geforce FX Go5600 and the drivers aren't on the nvidia site so I had to download then from some random site.

14. I have a messed up graphics card (I have 2 different versions or something) so I was testing the different settings (directX, open Gl etc)and then it crashed on me when I tried the last setting. But every time I run winexpose, it still crashes.

So I need to know where the settings are stored so I can delete it.

EDIT: I searched the registry for "expose" and changed opengl to directx and that actually worked! But isn't there still a settings file somewhere?

Also, the "exceptions" don't work for me. Whatever I put goes away right after I close the preferences window.