Smaky

• Last visited

Everything posted by Smaky

1. Thanks for the update.
  2. Well... one less problem to deal with. With this I think we have taken care of the two major bugs that prevented the docklet from working properly (at least the two that were reported so far). What do you think I should place my efforts next.... just to remember. - Reported bugs solved (or a solution found) - the alarms configuration AM/PM issue & scrolling not working. - Skin changes & suggestions applied (merged digits & backgrounds, added clock modes hierarchy to the skin configuration tab)... still waiting for your feedback on this. - Clock mode change slowliness solved (agin, waiting for feedback on this too). Well... I think that's it. Were to go from here... - Optimize code & search for memory leaks. - Add support for MP3 for audible alarms. - Make alarms reminder fancier. - Implement snooze funtionality. - Any other suggestion you may have...
  3. Please update to 1.90 Build 536 if you are using OD, or 1.90 Build 537u if using OD+... I haven't tested with previous versons but I think that should be related to it. Edit: Another small update v0.2.0.4m, this one includes: + A fix for Lita's problem with regional settings which does not support AM/PM indicators. Now when configured to show 24 hours format (this not setting the Show 12 hour format option under General settings), the Alarm dialog box will use 24 hour format for setting the alarms. This way when using polish regional settings it would be possible to configure the alarm properly. + MetalArend's requested hierarchy for skin elements. Skin settings includes a "Clock mode" combo to select the desired clock mode to modify, I have re-arranged some controls in order to make it easier to understand what you are configuring (hopefully).
  4. Mhmmm this is bad... because that information is being provided by ObjectDock itself, there's anything I can do about it... I had the hope that my code had some bug, but if the problem lies on the information being delivered by the dock engine, the solution must come from there. Are you using the very last version of OD?
  5. Please try this modified Dll, it will show the Rects involved during clicking... please post the values shown when a "proper" click is not recognized. DigitalClockDocklet.zip
  6. @Ghostwalker, What's your screen resoltion? @Ghostwalker, What's your screen resoltion? Damm internet explorer... sorry... double post.
  7. @Lita, I think that now I see why this is happening... when I changed to Polish regional settings there is no AM/PM format... as if in poland no such thing exists... I don't know for sure... but it seems that the only way to solve this is by either changing to a format that will show AM/PM symbols, or adding them to the regional settings configuration for polish. @Ghostwalker, Sorry but I am not following you.
  8. @Ghostwalker, One more thing... what size is your docklet configured when maximized? From your snapshots I noticed there are two for the "Alarms next hot spot"... one properly positioned over the next button and the second among the alarms itself... if that's a test, scrolling should occur when clicking there. @Lita, Well, at least I know where to look at... I'll switch to polish and then see what happens... if I'm able to reproduce the problem maybe I'll find a solution that will not require you to change the windows settings. I'll post my findings.
  9. @Lita, Go to control pannel->regional and language options then select the "Formats" tab and choose "English (United States)"... then check again to see if the AM/PM thing is shown.
  10. @Ghostwalker, Do not take the docklet out, just close OD and then delete the iTheme.ini file from C:\Documents and Settings\[your user]\Local Configuration\Program Data\DigitalClockDocklet\ (well at least I think that is was something like that the path to the file under XP) otherwise it will read the already created file from there. This way it should create a new iTheme.ini file with default settings... which correspond to the previous up/down arrow skin. After that, could you take a couple of snapshots from the skins settings for the "Alarms next hot spot" and "Alarms previous hot spot" to try to figure out this.
  11. @Lita, Date is a textarea so you can change it's dimensions to accomodate a larger font. In my case I had to do it since I'm using an spanish localized version of windows, week days in spanish tend to be a lot larger than in english. BTW, you mentioned that you have an english localized version of vista configured for polish regional settings... again, could you please configure it back to english temporarily just to check if the AM/PM alarm indicator gets shown?
  12. @Ghostwalker, It seems that there are a few problems with your iTime.ini file. I also get the next/prev buttons & their corresponding hotspots not configured properly, the side effect is that clicking on them would not trigger the scroll. This is the same ini file with modifications that let them work properly (tested on both WinXP & Vista). [DigitalClockSkin] FontNameCk=Tahoma FontSizeCk=12 FontColorCk=16777215 FontNameSw=Tahoma FontSizeSw=12 FontColorSw=0 FontNameAl=Tahoma FontSizeAl=10 FontColorAl=0 FontNameWc=Tahoma FontSizeWc=11 FontColorWc=8421504 Colorize=0 PointCk-X=0 PointCk-Y=0 PointCk-V=1 RcClock-X=187 RcClock-Y=190 RcClock-W=26 RcClock-H=30 RcClock-V=1 PointCkHH1-X=52 PointCkHH1-Y=62 PointCkHH1-V=1 PointCkHH2-X=86 PointCkHH2-Y=62 PointCkHH2-V=1 PointCkMM1-X=144 PointCkMM1-Y=62 PointCkMM1-V=1 PointCkMM2-X=176 PointCkMM2-Y=62 PointCkMM2-V=1 PointCkSS1-X=52 PointCkSS1-Y=138 PointCkSS1-V=1 PointCkSS2-X=78 PointCkSS2-Y=138 PointCkSS2-V=1 PointCkAM-X=167 PointCkAM-Y=140 PointCkAM-V=1 PointCkPM-X=167 PointCkPM-Y=140 PointCkPM-V=1 PointCkDots-X=120 PointCkDots-Y=62 PointCkDots-V=1 RcCkDate-X=120 RcCkDate-Y=118 RcCkDate-W=90 RcCkDate-H=14 RcCkDate-V=1 RcCkDOW-X=48 RcCkDOW-Y=118 RcCkDOW-W=90 RcCkDOW-H=14 RcCkDOW-V=1 PointSw-X=0 PointSw-Y=0 PointSw-V=1 RcStopwatch-X=139 RcStopwatch-Y=189 RcStopwatch-W=26 RcStopwatch-H=30 RcStopwatch-V=1 PointSwHH1-X=52 PointSwHH1-Y=62 PointSwHH1-V=1 PointSwHH2-X=86 PointSwHH2-Y=62 PointSwHH2-V=1 PointSwMM1-X=144 PointSwMM1-Y=62 PointSwMM1-V=1 PointSwMM2-X=176 PointSwMM2-Y=62 PointSwMM2-V=1 PointSwSS1-X=52 PointSwSS1-Y=134 PointSwSS1-V=1 PointSwSS2-X=78 PointSwSS2-Y=134 PointSwSS2-V=1 PointSwDots-X=120 PointSwDots-Y=62 PointSwDots-V=1 PointSwStartStop-X=0 PointSwStartStop-Y=0 PointSwStartStop-V=1 RcCkStartStop-X=163 RcCkStartStop-Y=132 RcCkStartStop-W=56 RcCkStartStop-H=24 RcCkStartStop-V=1 PointSwReset-X=0 PointSwReset-Y=0 PointSwReset-V=1 RcCkReset-X=163 RcCkReset-Y=161 RcCkReset-W=56 RcCkReset-H=24 RcCkReset-V=1 PointAl-X=0 PointAl-Y=0 PointAl-V=1 RcAlarms-X=91 RcAlarms-Y=191 RcAlarms-W=26 RcAlarms-H=30 RcAlarms-V=1 RcAlRegion-X=31 RcAlRegion-Y=65 RcAlRegion-W=193 RcAlRegion-H=123 RcAlRegion-V=1 PointAlHighlight-X=32 PointAlHighlight-Y=65 PointAlHighlight-V=1 RcAlTitle-X=36 RcAlTitle-Y=88 RcAlTitle-W=105 RcAlTitle-H=16 RcAlTitle-V=1 PointAlHH1-X=37 PointAlHH1-Y=65 PointAlHH1-V=1 PointAlHH2-X=54 PointAlHH2-Y=65 PointAlHH2-V=1 PointAlMM1-X=77 PointAlMM1-Y=65 PointAlMM1-V=1 PointAlMM2-X=90 PointAlMM2-Y=65 PointAlMM2-V=1 PointAlAM-X=104 PointAlAM-Y=65 PointAlAM-V=1 PointAlPM-X=104 PointAlPM-Y=65 PointAlPM-V=1 PointAlDots-X=65 PointAlDots-Y=63 PointAlDots-V=1 PointAlOnOff-X=136 PointAlOnOff-Y=76 PointAlOnOff-V=1 RcAlOnOff-X=137 RcAlOnOff-Y=76 RcAlOnOff-W=78 RcAlOnOff-H=24 RcAlOnOff-V=1 PointAlNext-X=182 PointAlNext-Y=41 PointAlNext-V=1 RcAlNext-X=180 RcAlNext-Y=40 RcAlNext-W=42 RcAlNext-H=22 RcAlNext-V=1 PointAlPrev-X=36 PointAlPrev-Y=41 PointAlPrev-V=1 RcAlPrev-X=35 RcAlPrev-Y=40 RcAlPrev-W=42 RcAlPrev-H=22 RcAlPrev-V=1 PointWc-X=0 PointWc-Y=0 PointWc-V=1 RcWorldClock-X=42 RcWorldClock-Y=189 RcWorldClock-W=26 RcWorldClock-H=30 RcWorldClock-V=1 RcWcRegion-X=31 RcWcRegion-Y=38 RcWcRegion-W=193 RcWcRegion-H=151 RcWcRegion-V=1 PointWcHighlight-X=32 PointWcHighlight-Y=65 PointWcHighlight-V=1 RcWcName-X=35 RcWcName-Y=65 RcWcName-W=85 RcWcName-H=39 RcWcName-V=1 PointWcHH1-X=145 PointWcHH1-Y=65 PointWcHH1-V=1 PointWcHH2-X=158 PointWcHH2-Y=65 PointWcHH2-V=1 PointWcMM1-X=178 PointWcMM1-Y=65 PointWcMM1-V=1 PointWcMM2-X=190 PointWcMM2-Y=65 PointWcMM2-V=1 PointWcAM-X=204 PointWcAM-Y=65 PointWcAM-V=1 PointWcPM-X=204 PointWcPM-Y=65 PointWcPM-V=1 PointWcDots-X=168 PointWcDots-Y=63 PointWcDots-V=1 RcWcDate-X=106 RcWcDate-Y=83 RcWcDate-W=115 RcWcDate-H=20 RcWcDate-V=1 PointWcNext-X=182 PointWcNext-Y=41 PointWcNext-V=1 RcWcNext-X=180 RcWcNext-Y=40 RcWcNext-W=42 RcWcNext-H=22 RcWcNext-V=1 PointWcPrev-X=36 PointWcPrev-Y=41 PointWcPrev-V=1 RcWcPrev-X=35 RcWcPrev-Y=40 RcWcPrev-W=42 RcWcPrev-H=22 RcWcPrev-V=1 PointGloss-X=0 PointGloss-Y=0 PointGloss-V=1 BTW, how do you insert that code frame instead of my big chunk? @Lita, you can change the font to whatever font you have already installed under windows from the skin settings tab in the configuration dialog box. Just remember that there is a font configuration for each clock mode, you just need to select any element from each clock mode (you'll see the preview changes to that mode), and configure the font as needed.
  13. What version os Windows/SP are you using... additionally how are your regional settings configured? cause I would like to nail that bug!
  14. Mhmm... I don't know, at least on my XP VM is working just fine... as MetalArend said, it's just a bit frustrating sometimes when the Next/Previous hotspots are too narrow... could you post your iTime.ini so I can test with it? This is a small capture I made from my XP machine (it's saturday's version) but I have found no problems with the docklet since then on XP. Sorry... I'll have to reboot my machine to upload the video... check again in a few minutes Look at the preview video at: http://www.feterspace.com.mx/downloads/DCD...ClockXPSP3.html
  15. @Lita, This is odd, I have tested it on Windows XP SP3 (32 Bits), Windows Vista (32 Bits) & Windows 7 (64 bits)... the only thing that came to my attention is that apparently you are skinning your system. I am using Windowsblinds on my Vista machine and have not percieved any problem but I can not tell on Windows XP. Could you try to disable your skin momentarily just to double check if the AM/PM stuff shows? Is anybody else experimenting this problem? If so, could you post your system settings so I can try to reproduce it?
  16. Will do, Ghostwalker... it might take some time since I will revisit this docklet when matonga's stacklib is more mature.
  17. I have been testing my docklets on Windows 7 RC 64 bits... the application is a 32 bits app, so it is installed under the Program Files x86 folders... apart from this I have found only one issue with the backup profiles not working.
  18. I'm not sure about RD, but the docklet auto update on XP & vista, at least on ObjectDock it does.
  19. I'll try to look at CheckMail docklet under RocketDock next week... I but I remember that some users reported that the docklet crashed or misbehaved if the animation was set. Could you try to disable the animation and test if it helps?
  20. Well following the last few posts... @Ghostwalker, I have introduced a few skin changes (sorry more work for Ghostwalker ) + I have merged the digits on a single image for each set: bigdigits.png, smalldigits.png & tinydigits.png + I have merged the background in a single image: background.png Having them consolidated on single images seems to have helped my code to be a little bit compact and easier to read, I'm not sure if this will go for the rest of the images in the skin. + I tend to agree that the next/previous buttons are a bit small, personally I like as they are, but for shaky hands, they should be a pain. + On the alarm/world clock modes changing... It would be not much trouble to add an even/odd highlight to make it easier to visualize that the scroll is being done. @MetalArend & Lita, + Could you post a screenshot of the Alarms Settings dialog... I enlarged the DateTime picker, but on my system it shows fine. @MetalArend, + On the UTC stuff, unfortunately it seems that wheater.com does not take into account daylight saving for the UTC offset. I still have not found a public Web Service which will let me consult that information. I'm still looking for one. For the time being, I would suggest you to check http://www.timeanddate.com/ and adjust the UTC manually while configurying the world clock. + On the right click menu, I have not created a multi-level menu from C++ before, so I'll have to research on that. + I think there are very few "General" & "Show/Hide" options that's why I decided to merge them on a single tab... It seems to me that having too many tabs would make the configuration more cumbersome. Edit: Another small updates. + Looking at the slowliness while changing clock modes I found a few bugs there. I have updated the docvklet so switching between modes should feel way better. v.0.2.0.4l + Added an even/odd highlight to the alarms & world clocks modes to facilitate scrolling. This change requires another skin modification, now the al_highlight.png & wc_highlight.png includes two images each, the upper one for even elements & the lower down for odd ones. Ghostwalker, I did a quick modification to your skin images just to show the change. BTW: I really appreciate all your efforts on creating a great skin for the docklet. I could never ever have created such great images. The docklet would not be what it is without them. Thanks man! Thank you all for your feedback.
  21. As Ghostwalker mentions I have tried to contact the original developers of RK and RD but they never responded... without an SDK, developer support... well it's almost useless trying to make my docklets run well under them. When XWD appeared some months ago it seemed that there was going to be a great dock for windows again... but BOBAH13 stopped working on it. So, in my opinion the only "live" docklet out there is ObjectDock (alas there has not been ubdates to it for almost two years), at least they have replied to my emails when I got struck. I have came to get fond to OD+ and it's multiple & tabbed docks.... Well, enough on this. What version of RK are you using.... if I get some time I may try to test it out and see if I can find the problem.
  22. I'll try to compile it under Visutal Studio C++ 2008 (maybe under 2010 when I have it downloaded)... I'll post my findings. Thanks.
  23. It seems that for your screen configuration/dpi settings the DateTimePicket is a bit too short... let me fix that. Next update will have a longer DateTimePicker so it will accomodate for such configutations. @Ghostwalker, Now that I have tested the docklet again under XP I see what you mean. Let me find out what is going on. Edit: Both issues solved in latest Alpha release (v.2.0.4j) I'll be moving the alpha release to the first post to facilitate it's download.
  24. Take a look at the screenshot, having the clock configured for showing 12 hour format does not affect the alarm configuration.
  25. Ok, I have added the "Visible" property... it's still a long way from finished, I will polish it a bit before reaching beta stage. The latest alfa update is at post 58. It seems as if I did not do a lot... but internally elements structures changed completely... anticipating changes to come (like the "hierarchy" stuff). @MetalAremd, I don't think I will go all the way up to combining all images as you suggest. But i think that I will definetively combine some of them. Maybe a single image for each digits set and a single image for the backgrounds. But I would rather have all other elements on sepparate files. so they are easier to be freely "accomodated" on the docklet. Besides I do not want so much code just to "slice & dice" skin images. BTW, did you test the alarm remider? Are they working for you?