AndrewYY

• Last visited

Posts posted by AndrewYY

1. @mmike and daxliniere: I run a similar AHK script which simply hides and unhides all XWD windows on the ctrl+shift+r hotkey. Not for everyone, but it's pretty useful for me.

GroupAdd, XWDWins, XWindows Dock
    return

^+r::
    WinGet, visible, Count, XWindows Dock
    if visible = 0
    WinShow, ahk_group XWDWins
    else
    WinHide, ahk_group XWDWins
    return

Cheers,

Andrew

2. Hi, I just started using Xwindows dock, and i have experience with rklauncher, rocketdock and other docks, but just can't seem to get this right. 1st problem is: no indicator for any programs other than 'computer' and 2nd problem: does it support virtual desktops? i can't seem to get mine to go to other desktops. 3rd: i can't put plugins into the folder. I can put it in, but does not show up. hope i can solve this, because i am loving this dock. :]

The no indicator problem is probably because the dock items are being linked to shortcuts, and not the actual application. To fix this, drag the .exe of the program to the dock instead of a shortcut.

Also, ensure that Objectdock docklets go in the "docklet" folder, and XWD docklets go in the "plugin" folder.

3. My dock keeps deleting icons!

I setup my dock how i like it and every few weeks when I log into windows icons are missing, like half of them! They remove themselves from right to left. Is there a way to prevent this or save a backup copy so if this happens again I can just do a quick restore or open? Thanks!

-Josh

If you're on XP, backup:

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\XWindows Dock\items.ini

otherwise, use the equivalent for your OS.

4. Sorry, but, I can't seem to edit it correctly. I open it with Notepad and the code is incomplete. I open it with XML editor and I see the complete code but can't modify it... Is there some program or anything?

open it with wordpad or something. Notepad is known to not recognize unix-style newlines, and makes editing stuff a pain.
  5. cool update, wicked stacks docklet :D any chance of an SDK to go along with it some time in the future?

just one request so far: could you get it to hide the "lnk" extension for shortcuts? At the moment, all of my stacks are shortcuts to applications, and it looks kind of odd with those being displayed.

6. feature request: allow to launch more than one istance of target program, not like now: you launch cmd.exe from dock, next time you click same icon - you switch to already running cmd.exe.

XWD must act as launcher, not task switcher ?!

something like shift+click to start a new task would be pretty sweet.

I cannot configure any of the docklets for some reason. An example is the Weather, or even a clock application. I am running Vista (32bit) and trying to install docklets for Objectdock. When i right click on the icon, i am able to see "configure" or "update now" but when i click on them nothing happens.

I have purchased Objectdock Plus, but i love the graphics of the Xwdock, and the skins available are so much better. I would love to continue using Xwdock. Is there any way i can fix my problem? Is it a problem i am facing because of some bad configuration? or is this a problem most are facing? I noticed that someone did touch on the topic, but it didnt go anywhere (unless i missed something)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Also, any ideas on when the next release is out?

The solution found was to configure it inside another dock, and copy the configuration into XWD's folder in application data. I explained it more detail in an earlier post here. Basically, you can't do it right inside XWD at the moment. Not a huge problem since configuring a docklet isn't something that you do that often anyway.
  7. Well done!!!

This is a very nice piece of programming.

I have been testing and there is no problems with the software itself.

However, with OD dockets that have a configurable menu the docklet fails. When I try to pop-up the menu for configuration (e.g. weather dock, clock dock, wifi dock...) this menu does not come-up in the screen. Where is the problem in the software or in the dock itself? Does anybody experience the same problem?. I am using w7 home realease. Matonga stacks docket works perfect.

As a temporary fix, I've found that copying the configuration over from, say, rocketdock will work.

1. open rocketdock\docklets\settings.ini
    2. copy the docklet you want
    3. open Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XWindows Dock\Docklets
    4. open the ini of the docklet you want to paste it to
    5. paste

8. how do i extract the resources from a skin from 5.6 skin to version 2? or port it?

completely by hand, because the new system is completely different from the old one. For starters, take a look at the files in skins/current/ from your 5.6 installation, copy the relevant files to a new folder, rename them to what they should be, and start tinkering with the settings.
  9. hello,to the creators of xwindows dock 2.0,looks like it's going to be a great dock "congratulations".but just one thing,i recently downloaded it and was running fine for a few days know all of a sudden icons on dock disappeard and most of the dock aswell, just a strip down the middle of the dock is all you can see,i haven't changed anything only thing i've to is added skins.help please! i'm running a windows xp pro..

If it's the skin you're using, try changing back to the original skin. Bobah will probably have better advice, but if all else fails, you could try to take a look at the ini files in C:/Documents and Settings/USERNAME/Application Data/XWindows Dock/ and see if you notice any problems (or delete them, which would reset your dock).
  10. Here's some quick and dirty AutoHotkey code to cause XWindows Dock to toggle visibility when you ctrl+alt+R (just like rocketdock)

#NoTrayIcon
    GroupAdd, XWDWins, XWindows Dock
    return

^!r::
    WinGet, visible, Count, XWindows Dock
    if visible = 0
    WinShow, ahk_group XWDWins
    else
    WinHide, ahk_group XWDWins
    return

of course, an official solution with nice animation, etc would be great, but this works as a temporary workaround if you need to run something fullscreen or what have you.

11. @aka120: I don't know about sticky notes, but you should be able to add sound recorder to it fine... Try dropping it straight from system32? The program itself is called "sndrec32.exe"

I think a way to modify an icon's path would be nice. (I'm supposing that Bobah removed it to keep things simple) and maybe make it convert shortcuts into applications, with working directory and arguments auto-detected.

Edit: just confirmed that sndrec32 does indeed work on my computer at least (running XP sp3)

12. Hm. I tried to make a theme, at it looks like 2d-background-right-bottom doesn't work like it should. when I try to make a theme where the size of the top piece and the size of the bottom piece are different, I get a strange glitch at the bottom right corner.

Also, I notice that you're telling the middle pieces to tile vertically, but it would work better if it was stretched.

here's an image showing both problems:
    />http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/2/1/24/andrewyy/f_uhyqgj4m_40fb3dc.jpg

13. Hi anyone knows how to fix this problem? (see screenshot below).

By mistake I gave "ok" after giving click on the "clear" and now I can eliminate the dock or editing.

try editing the dockitems.xml manually to find that item and erase it.