pkuok

• Last visited

pkuok's Achievements

1. I regularly backup the settings.ini file just in case I accidentally click "yes" to RocketDock's "Use default icon?" question. Did yours work for a while before it started to crash? For testing purpose I am using both v1.0 and v2.0 now, v1.0 for the stack that contains networked folders, and v2.0 for everything else.
  2. I tried the 2009-04-02 version and after I disconnected from the network and restarted the PC it crashed on me. I reverted back to the log track version and it also crashed. I found that it stopped when attempting to load the first stack from the settings.ini file. I am thinking it is probably network related. There is one stack that comprises of purely networked shortcuts in it. You know how if you put a network shortcut icon on the desktop, then right-click it when that resource is not available, Windows would appear to hang for a while before showing the context menu? Could it be that when stackdock tried to read the icon, it also tried to access the networked resource which was no longer there?
  3. I've been using the 17/03/2009 with Rocket Dock on Vista Ultimate x64 for a while with little problem now, then suddenly Docklet 2.0 started to crash on me. The only thing major that I've done were installation of x64 Java RTE. From then on I just couldn't get Docklet 2.o to run. I've reverted back to 1.0.
  4. Could be. When I first fired up RocketDock after the switch from V1 to V2, I lost all my V1 stacks. So I deleted all the V1 stacks from the docks. Then was playing around with creating new stacks, until I found that if my stack has a shortcut to a networked server, clicking on that icon would also crash my dock. After several tries the problem went away by itself. I found that RocketDock is quite particular about networked shortcuts. ObjectDock is more tolerable in that regard. But then I don't use ObjectDock that often.
  5. I am using Vista Ultimate x64 and both v1 and v2 are fine. For v2, I put the StackLib.dll in the rocketdock main folder, and delete the one from the docklet folder. I also deleted v1 form the docklet folder, and removed v1 docklet from the dock.
  6. Great docklet. My wish list: 1. In fan mode, ability to choose to sort by descending or ascending order 2. Put the "StackLib.dll" in the stackdocklet folder 3. Change the stack icon size, but I guess I will have to wait for the tweak tool 4. The ability to "follow dock", this ability was there in v1 but I didn't use it because it crashed RocketDock/ObjecDock when I activated more than 2 stacks Anomaly report: 1. When you have 2 stacks, click on one stack and let it expand, then immediately click the other stack. In RocketDock, this will result in the 2nd stack fanning out using the small icon size. Again, great work!