[wip] Opus Smooth

Here's the latest VS I'm working on (for the GUI olympics). The Msstyle will be released after the competition is over. I'll let you know when its posted on the GUI-O site!

smooth2p.png

New explorer detail header

Taskbar (beta systray chevron and start button)

Even an unskinned opera looks smooth :P

smooth3p.png

Click for full size

Scrollbars...

scroll.png

Update: Start Panel

startp.png

Click for full of course!

Not sure when it'll be ready for release!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great man. The colors are creamy and the form is nice. Cool buttons as well.

Maybe I'm the only person that feels this way, but it seems like 90% of msstyles skins have too much of a winXP feel to them. What's great about OSX is that the GUI sports a minimal number of elements. WindowsXP complicates things by having 3, 4, sometimes 5 toolbars within the interface. All of these are seperated with hard looking dividers/lines. I've seen some amazing msstyles pop up over the years at sites like aqua-soft.org, but only a small handful, in my opinion, have found a way to eliminate those nasty lines in an effort to minimize the user's interface. I'm using TDK4.0_Panther (ThreeDrives, Jan 11th 2004) and it's one of the few msstyle skins which have managed to attain the most minimal and closest osx-style appearance. These are small details which come down to preference, but I honestly think that if you were to take opus smooth and take out menu, winflag, address bar, and other ugly "busyfying" elements to the design, you'd have a truly refreshing and unique looking GUI stepping well away from the XP style we're all trying to actually get away from.

I'm off on a bit of a ramble. I guess my frustration stems from annoying dividers/lines. They can seriously make or break a person's goal in going completely osx looking. I'd love to have some kind of knowledge in skinning where I can edit an existing msstyle and make the basic step of eliminiting those ugly "windows-95-like" divers! :rant:

Ok, my rant is over. Ya'll can go back to discussing this beautiful skin in progress :D