Aqua-Soft Skin

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a suggestion for Last Poster thingie. Replace the Started By column with the Last Poster (worry about the "by" later) and then have a popup on the link to the thread on who it was started by. Then replace the popup text with the Thread Starter. To me, the first ## characters of the opening post is useless anyway.

See thats just It I tried to do that, so when you hovered over the say Last Post arrow, it would show the last poster, but I can't because vbulletin uses phrases, and in that phrase it has a link, so the popup text would have html all over it, so like UserName and a bunch of gibberish.

I'll look into it though.

i think this is the bug thread as well...

i found something a little more obscure... i was trying to search for a thread i once posted in, after finding it, i noticed that in all of my posts within the thread, the divider line cuts right through the edit button and not underneath it like in everyone else's posts.

the screenshot should speak for itself.

Not sure if this is something you'd consider but have you thought of including a script for internet explorer users (I swear I'm not a user by choice and am forced to use at work :P) that fixes the png alpha channel issue - its annoying in sigs and such, I'll do half the work for you - heres the script to link to in your html head:

// Correctly handle PNG transparency in Win IE 5.5 or higher.
// [url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola"]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola[/url]. Updated 02-March-2004
function correctPNG()
{
for(var i=0; i<document.images.length; i++)
{
var img = document.images[i]
var imgName = img.src.toUpperCase()
if (imgName.substring(imgName.length-3, imgName.length) == "PNG")
{
var imgID = (img.id) ? "id='" + img.id + "' " : ""
var imgClass = (img.className) ? "class='" + img.className + "' " : ""
var imgTitle = (img.title) ? "title='" + img.title + "' " : "title='" + img.alt + "' "
var imgStyle = "display:inline-block;" + img.style.cssText
if (img.align == "left") imgStyle = "float:left;" + imgStyle
if (img.align == "right") imgStyle = "float:right;" + imgStyle
if (img.parentElement.href) imgStyle = "cursor:hand;" + imgStyle
var strNewHTML = "<span " + imgID + imgClass + imgTitle
+ " style="" + "width:" + img.width + "px; height:" + img.height + "px;" + imgStyle + ";"
+ "filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader"
+ "(src='" + img.src + "', sizingMethod='scale');"></span>"
img.outerHTML = strNewHTML
i = i-1
}
}
}
window.attachEvent("onload", correctPNG);

I have a few suggestions (sorry if they were discussed here before, I don't have much time to read 10 pages right now).

First of all, I think that Aqua, Graphite & Milk skins should have the same bg color in cells with avatars.

This light blue color looks good in the lists of threads, when its height is slender. When it's a big blue cell, imo it looks ugly. Milk skin has perfect bg color, I think. Some people made ava's bg for aqua skin and with milk skin it looks crappy.

And second. On the page with user info cells "Forum Info", "Contact Info", "Additional Information" and "Group Memberships" have too dark bg, it should be lighter, I think.