AveDesk 1.2 Bugs

AndreasV

Short Description:

The icon of Undefinied file is displaying on hard drives and floppy. Other Icons are correct. I'm using FlyakiteOSX 1.0 and Iconpackager.

I tried to use only FlyakiteOSX without IP, the icons are wrong too...

It looks like such message, but differs

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...52&postcount=68

Item involving:

Hide Desktop Icons Module

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant):

Hard: Duron 1600MHz, Epox 8RDA+, 512Mb RAM

Soft: WinXP SP1, WindowBlinds 4.5, Avedesk 1.2, SysStats 2.5.2, PidlShortcut, AutoMounter, AeroWhather, AClock

Steps to reproduce it:

Install Hide Desktop Icons Module.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short Description:

pidl desklet label placement (vertical). It have correct "top" and "bottom" option but "middle" is strange (see attach).

Item involving:

PIDL

Steps to reproduce it:

Create a pidl shortcut pointed to c:. Set label position "on right side". Then try to set vertical position.

PS

On screenshot, vertical alignment set to (from top to down): 1) top; 2) middle; 3) down.

I need label where set "middle-to-middle" with icon... Whole label, not only main one...

Status: NOT a bug: alignment is done of the main-label, not on both labels

Bug: New shortcuts/folders/files created by the desktop installer or the desktop grabber appear as a normal window only, I can't change it

Involving: Desktop Grabber, Desktop Installer

Steps to reproduce it: Simply create a new shortcut, text file, drag a folder, do anything to add a file to your desktop. Then move the icon towards the top of the screen (under one of your objectbar menu's). Then open the ob menu and you will see the desklet appear ABOVE the menu. However, normal windows appear on top of the desklets.

My System: Windows XP SP2, Flyakite OSX 1.0, Tiger WB/OB, Explorer w/Finder Bar, 768Mb Ram, Pentium 4, Dual Monitor (Clone mode) setup.

Status: there's some weird behaviour with Normal Windows style. Maybe I made a booboo somewhere

I don't know if this is a bug, therefore I'm not reporting it in the specified manner, but how can I make AveDesk stop mounting a virtual drive on my desktop? After I delete the desklet, it apears again only if I change the image in the virtual drive.

winXP SP2

AveDesk 1.2 with automounter

Nero ImageDrive 2.27

Disable the automounter add-on module

Another one bug or smth...

Short Description:

The icon of Undefinied drive is displaying on removable drives on desktop, when they are removed and computer is rebooted. Other Icons are correct.

Item involving:

Automounter

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant):

Hard: Duron 1600MHz, Epox 8RDA+, 512Mb RAM

Soft: WinXP SP1, WindowBlinds 4.5, Avedesk 1.2, SysStats 2.5.2

Steps to reproduce it:

Plug in the removable drive, then unplug it and restart the computer.

the icons after restarting:

drives2.png

Status: unconfirmed. Are you using some sort of icon application like iconpackager?

Short description: Labels disappears after uploading with ftp desklet, have to go into desklet properties, switch the label to "no label" then back to "normal label" and apply to fix

Item involving: FTP desklet

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant): XP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon XP 1.99 GHz, 512 MB RAM

Steps to reproduce it: Just upload a file using the desklet and the label will vanish

Status: No issues on SP1 here, but I know I make a call from a wrong thread (bug), so that in combination with SP2 is probably the cause

Umm... they back.

Short description: I can't unmount USB disk (not flash-drive) by standart "Safely remove USB..." if Pidl shortcut points to that disk.

Item involving: PidlShortcut

Steps to reproduce: Mount external usb disk (not flash). Setup a PidlShortcut for that disk with "xGb of yGb free" sublabel. After shortcut show you size etc. try standart windows "Safely remove..." feature. It says

---------------------------

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.

OK

Status: INVESTIGATING, need to get an external USB disk somewhere

I've seen this too Ave...I have to close Avedesk, or delete the desklet pointing to the USB hard disk before it'll let you unmount it.

Short Description: Automounting no longer working.

Item involving: PIDL Shortcut

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant):winxp sp1; Systats 2.5, Avedesk 1.2

Steps to reproduce it:

start avedesk. turn on external firewire drive (or plug in USB flash drive--either works). When you (Ave) released the update to the PIDL/automounter, automount worked once for me. I rebooted sometime later and since then, automount doesn't work anymore.

2nd issue:

Short Description: Can't drag icons out/off the IconDrop desklet.

Item involving: Icondrop

Steps to reproduce it: Drag PNG over Icondrop, wait to see image of successful conversion into icon. Shift+click to drag created icon off. Icondrop does not respond. Same result if trying to convert from ICO to PNG.

2nd issue:

Short Description: Can't drag icons out/off the IconDrop desklet.

Item involving: Icondrop

Steps to reproduce it: Drag PNG over Icondrop, wait to see image of successful conversion into icon. Shift+click to drag created icon off. Icondrop does not respond. Same result if trying to convert from ICO to PNG.

Do you have "Lock Position" checked for the desklet? If you do, this was already reported earlier in this thread as a bug.

Short description: Random crashes... I think I've narrowed down the problem to pidlshortcut.. I have a couple of pidlshortcuts on my desktop monitoring folders like c:Program Files... I get the feeling that if there is some activity inside the folder that is being monitored AveDesk crashes.. like for instance if I copy a file to the c:Program Files directory.. sometimes the pidlshortcut will not count correctly the folders in the directory as well and just saying 0 Applications. I've got the latest pidlshortcut from http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=23420. Sorry for the long description

Item involving: pidlshortcut

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant): XP Pro SP2, Pentium4 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Radeon X800 Pro 256MB.

sorry if this has been solved. but read through the thread and haven't seen a reply from ave lol. ;)

Same problem as farty:

Short Description: When I set a desklet's label to "no label" and then set it to showcase mode, when I view the showcase the desklet has a label that says "Untitled" or something similar. No matter what I do it keeps replacing the label with this.

Item involving: All desklets, showcase

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant): Windows XP, amd Duron 1.3 ghz

All labels appear in showcase.

WINXP SP2, P4M 2Ghz.

• 2 weeks later...

Short description: Chinese characters do not save (are replaced by ? symbol) for "sublabel" in "Label format" tab. Chinese characters do, however, save when placed in caption in "appearance" tab. What I mean by "save" is that when I quit and re-open AveDesk, the chinese characters disappear... perhaps unicode characters are not being saved into file?

Items involving: All sublabels

Your machine specs: WinXP (English)

Steps to reproduce: Enter any chinese character into sublabel, save theme, and restart AveDesk.

well it's not a bug but I don't know where to post.

Short Description: no access to properties control

Item involving: no item or items with right-click option disabled

Your Machine specs (OS, CPU, anything you think is relevant): windows xp pro sp2, intel P4 2.2GHz

Steps to reproduce it: run avedesk and check hide system tray icon option with no desklets or desklets with the right-click option disabled

thanks

Short Description: Previously had 1.1 installed; uninstalled it and unzipped 1.2 to the earlier location (I deleted the remaining files & folders). Now whenever I use .ico files, I'm left with black where the alpha transparency should be 100%. The 'partial' areas show correctly, however... The icons displayed correctly in 1.1

Item Involving: Drives (from 1.1) or Pidl (from 1.2)

Machine Specs: XP Pro x64, build 1433

Steps to reproduce: Use a .ico, I guess...

Edited by stilist
I've found a funny bug with Avedesk 1.2 and Avetunes widget. I just tried to play a song from my iPod via iTunes and guess what... avedesk crashed

:P :P

Hope that Ave will fix it soon :P

Doing that (playing songs off the ipod) works fine for me with Avedesk 1.2

For a lack of a better place to post this, I have 2 questions:

1. What is the difference in setting the sublabel for a shortcut to the HD like this " %t, %f free" or like this "%2, %3 free"? It looks to me that there is no difference. Am I right?

2. I noticed that when I delete something from HD (into the recycle bin), the amount of free space shown by the sublabel remain unchanged (although the file it's virtualy deleted). How can I configure the sublabel to show the free size ignoring the space ocuppied by the files in the recycle bin?

Thanks!