AveDesk 1.4 Vista Compatibility Build

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had that "Token does not exist" error too with Vista Ultimate and AveDesk 1.4. I solved it by putting a "Start In" directory in the "Shortcut" tab of the Desklet Properties. In this case, I was having problems with the messenger PidlShortcut. After I put the "Start In" directory, no more error.

• 2 weeks later...
I had that "Token does not exist" error too with Vista Ultimate and AveDesk 1.4. I solved it by putting a "Start In" directory in the "Shortcut" tab of the Desklet Properties. In this case, I was having problems with the messenger PidlShortcut. After I put the "Start In" directory, no more error.

Thank you very much!!!!

Now It's ok!

:)

I have managed to run Avedesk 1.4 by downloading missing dll-file and placing it in windows system32 directory. Most of the time Avedesk runs correctly, however, there are still some problems left. For instance, from time to time I get an error on a windows shutdown. You can see the evidence of this bug in the attachment.

Furthermore, occasionally Avedesk keeps crashing when a my machine returns from lock, sleep or hibernation state. By the way, I forgot to mention that I have Windows Vista Ultimate x86.

Artjom

post-36259-1201955952_thumb.png

I have managed to run Avedesk 1.4 by downloading missing dll-file and placing it in windows system32 directory. Most of the time Avedesk runs correctly, however, there are still some problems left. For instance, from time to time I get an error on a windows shutdown. You can see the evidence of this bug in the attachment.

Furthermore, occasionally Avedesk keeps crashing when a my machine returns from lock, sleep or hibernation state. By the way, I forgot to mention that I have Windows Vista Ultimate x86.

Artjom

did you delete the language folder inside Avedesk?

• 1 month later...
It doesn't work on my Vista PC. I get the following error message:

AVEDESK.EXE - Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_36.dll was not found.

Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Shot in the dark: This have anything to do with Direct X 9?

I searched the forum but I didn't see anyone with the same dll missing... the post above, the dll is named slightly different?

actually this problem has been reported several times in the first page... the solution found was downloading the dll file and placing it at the avedesk folder

heres some links to the dll file:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_36

http://w3.externet.hu/~lpoczkod/GSdx9v10-3.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's a bug when using the "Open folder windows in a separate process" option in Folder Options.

Im not sure wether this is because I use QTTabBar for my Explorer or not, but unless I have a folder open, Avedesk/Pidl won't open the folder from its shortcut.

For it to work properly I have to turn off the "Open in separate process" option, which is annoying cos when explorer crashes, byebye open folders :P or if a folder crashes, byebye main explorer.exe ~_~

If Im the only one experiencing this, then it may well be because of QTTabBar.

Im running Vista Ultimate x86.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Humm .. works great after you added the d3dx9_36.ll to the folder, BUT! somehow it still did not fix the one bug i have for years and i was hoping i was gonna fix it. This bug i kept having is on Vista and also with the SP1 is when i insert a cd in the cd-rom. When the cd is insert into the drive avedesk will automactically crash and shut down, does this happen to anyone else whose also using vista? Is there a fix for it? Please let me know cuz this program is the best i've use by far. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Weird bug for me, It's like a rendering issue or something, ha I don't know =P

Only a certain area was showing my desklets, so it looked like I had a desklet and a half. Do I need that d3d9 file? Upgraded from 1.3 and running avescripter and sysstats

• 2 months later...