Ical For Xp

Guest pixelmatrix

Guest pixelmatrix

Hi guys, this is the official thread for my iCal clone application, all releases and previews and screenshots will be in this thread...

Heres what I got so far...

ss.jpg

Im still looking for high res screenshots, and information about the program... I might even have to find a mac and play around a bit...

Im not gonna put a date on this, so im not pressured to have it completed. I have a lot of important things in my life, and if one of those has to come before programming, so be it. This project is on my spare time at home, so it may be a while before its completed. If anyone has access to domain names, i would be grateful, I need a domain (i.e. www.blahblahblah.com) but I have hosting... post comments, suggestions, help, etc below :)

Josh

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pixelmatrix

thanks... heres the whats up for today... im doing the gui... me and xero are working together to make some of the base images... it will look a lot different by the end of this evening... ill add new screenshots when im done updating for today...

Josh

Originally posted by pixelmatrix@Aug 31 2003, 03:20 PM

thanks... heres the whats up for today... im doing the gui... me and xero are working....

Josh,

You may want to head over to AquaXP.com and do a search for "MxCal".

Someone did a very good mockup on iCal using Rainlendar and it's hosted there.

If you are interested and can not find it there, PM with an email address and I will send it to you.

Grusic

Guest pixelmatrix

Well, this is actually a full featured ical port/clone... so this will be better, but ill take a look. heres the progress so far...

ss1.jpg

what do u guys think? I think it looks pretty darn nice right now, but thats just me...

Josh

Latest iCal (v1.5) screenshot

ical15.gif

Notice the buttons on the bottom.

The (i) button which is the info button will slide out the drawer on the right side and show info about that event (I think), rather than pop-up a new window.

Oh, and sunken glyphs.

For more info about iCal 1.5, click here.

I didnt like the way he just discarded Maxus' work by saying 'oh well this will be better'. How does he KNOW this will be better, how can you compare them? Maxus did a great job with his MxCal, you could have put it a little better 'Well Maxus' is good, but this wont be based on Rainlander'

etc

And no, this wasnt directed at you Grusic :)

But yeah, apart from that, this app should be good if it all gets together.

In a short time i will do some deleting spree. I wont do it now, cause i want people to see and learn that such posts are an amazing waste of space, time and pages to get to the point (specially the last two posts).

Posts such as above are so useless and irritating, exactly when its under a developing forum (Aqua Related Apps). Though I wouldnt really feel horrible when ppl reply like that under a general discussion thread. Please avoid posting milions of emoticons and a "YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" along with it making no sence. Thank you for thanking the developers, but please stop building up supposedly funny or cool extra messages in a developing thread assuming it thrills other people.

Thank you,

Later.

Guest pixelmatrix

I wasnt saying that his work was bad, I was saying that his is a skin for rainlendar, and this is a full featured app. Both will work just fine. Im not here to criticize/undermine anyones work.

Josh

ha hahaha haha

thanks for let my dreams come true....

For the last two months I'm wasting my time searcing all over the internet for a clone iCal program.....

pixelmatrix, just for ur info alilm have make an alpha version of ical clone alcal maybe u can share an idea with him