Feature Requests For V5.6

Panta

Open Application Instance. Just like rocketdock were if you were to click on a application that is already running, it will bring forward that running app instead of launching a new one. Id like to see that in XWD. And i think it will be very use full.
This was suggested two posts above yours <_< and I'm sure pages and pages before. Read my reply...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a nice feature would be to have a list (like the minimization exclusion list) of applications that, if they are running, the dock should hide, and come back when the application closes :) Some of my applications *cough blender cough* don't like XWD, and it'd be nice to run some apps fullscreen too :)

the would be great specifically for running picasa photo viewer and adobe after effects cs4 =D great idea wish it could be implemented

its impossible when u dowload something from internet and it will direct to stack icon folder and it will bounce?like apple when they dowload pdf..im using safari.hope u understand sorry for eng/

sorry the dock already does that...make a stack for your dowloads folder, right click the stack and click "monitoring" and in the dock's preferences check monitoring for when "adding" files :D hope this helps

Do not double post - use the edit function - Thanks mps69

Edited by mps69
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought of something. Instead of choosing in the preference if you drag an icon off the dock,it creates a shortcut or removes it, you can make something where the user chooses when if they drag it with the left click or the right click to do one of those. So like left clicking an icon out of the dock will create a shortcut and right clicking will remove it.

I thought of something. Instead of choosing in the preference if you drag an icon off the dock,it creates a shortcut or removes it, you can make something where the user chooses when if they drag it with the left click or the right click to do one of those. So like left clicking an icon out of the dock will create a shortcut and right clicking will remove it.

Not a bad idea.wink.gif

BUT I still prefer an option to lock items dragging.rolleyes.gif

Now I know it'll never happen, but I'd just like to through it out there. Do you think it would be possiable to create an XUnuntu Dock? Just make this dock for Ubuntu or other linux distros? I've tried all the linux docks out there and XWindows still out does them by far. Just a thought. I wonder if the developer would even know how to code this for a Linux system.

• 2 weeks later...

Dashboard style and some funcions (no full funcions)

Its possible create an option and make Xwindows Dock do with function and appearance of the dashboard?

1 - borders without limits for left and right

2 - two buttons in the edges to roll the dock and also to add more icons to the dock

3 - Static dock background or similar (to make more equivalent visual).

4 - not very important, place name (label) below icons like dashboard.

Curret using V5.6

I love Xwindows Dock and i believe its a GREAT JOB AND BEST APPLICATION.

Sorry for my bad english.

post-92742-1242502701_thumb.png

Edited by RcNuke