System Tray Woes

juno

ok, i restarted my computer after some updates. before i did this, everything was running smoothly. one wierd thing happened when the monitor turned on at the start up screen, the whole screen became tinted very very very dark red, so dark i could barely see the login name. aaanyway, no big deal there, restarted the monitor and presto, nice and clear again ( the reason it did this is my monitor tried to run 100hz at 2000x1600 resolution, which i have my desktop set on) as i just said, turned the monitor off, then on and changed the HZ it was set on. i looked up at the systray, and expected to see my usual crisp systray icons, but it was not so. all pixely and wierd looking....anyway

any ideas? i have some of my own, going to try them out now

heres a pic of it:

Normally the Systray icon is on the .exe file of the app...

It´s is a .ico file and not a .bmp... 16x16 pixels.

My pc if offline right now... i´m making some cool icons for systray with a Mac feeling on then (onlyu black, simple forms). When i put my machine back on order i post the icons.

BTW... anyone know where i can resrack the Norton AntiVirus systray icon?!

Originally posted by PrinzErik@Sep 3 2003, 06:49 PM

well i reshacked norton antivirus.. but until then the e-mail protection doesn't work properly any more! So i don't know if this program is one those which cannot be reshacked so easily?!?! The file where the systrayicon is located is NAVAPW32.EXE

i should try later... anyway, thanks!

Originally posted by DinoJr@Sep 3 2003, 03:57 PM

iceman's site has all the original mac systray icons.

Donno if you were referring to My post...

But i'm not talking about system tray Icons. All those are fine..

I'm talking about his virtual desktop manager icons..

The weird symbol, with the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 icons next to it. It's the Windows XP MSVDM powertoy reshacked. (C:\windows\system32\msvdm.dll)

I'm wondering where he got the image, hoping I can get a copy of it, and reshack mine as well. As the default image is windows-ish and ugly.

Originally posted by b0se@Sep 4 2003, 08:10 PM

Is there no app that can change systray icons?

No standalone-app as much as I know.

Objectbar can do it, and I have heard of some shell-replacements maybe able to. Objectbar is not able to display different icons for different programs AFAIK, though.

Have fun,

McTrinsic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...