RK Launcher v0.4 - BUG REPORTS

raduking

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aladdin effect is not working at all for my Dell 700m laptop.

Spec

1.6 mhz 1gb of RAM

WINXP PRO SP2

Bullet Intel® Extreme Graphics up to 64 MB shared memory

Message that pop up when I minimize my window.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9039/clipboard024lx.jpg

ps

I just tried it on my main comp(desktop)

Dell 8400 and it works great. Like others the aladdin effect is just too slow for useage. Overall this prog just rocks. I am not going to use the effect. I did notice the dock is a lot more smoother now when I scroll over it. Great job!!!

I can't get RK Launcher to save any Icon setting to new application which I don't keep in the dock, e.g.: I open Notepad.exe, open the properties of dock item, change the name and the Icon, close the dialogue & exit the program. when I open it again - the settings are reset to what they were before I changed it.

---

I just realizd what I wasn't getting. remembering app icons will be implemented in 0.5. back to waiting mode...

RK Dock won't save the settings under the "Performance" tab for me. I've always had trouble getting it to save things - the previous .4 build that I had wouldn't save the label colors - now it does -thanks! Still, it'd be nice if it would remember that I had set it to High, and both sliders all the way to smooth.

I don't use the Aladdin effect - it's pretty nice, but it is too slow (it takes a second to initialize, and then animates smoothly - don't know if this is a necessary initialization or a programmable thing) for me. I also don't minimize to the Dock, mostly because there are some programs that don't do so well with that (not your fault, I understand). Overall, very impressive release - just wish I could get it to animate less quickly ("smoothly") after restart. =)

Oh, sorry - system specs: Athlon 64 2800+, 1.25 GB PC2700 RAM, XP Pro, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700...what else? =P

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or not, or just the way you minimize windows to the dock, but when I allow RKLauncher to grab the minimized windows, alt-tabbing to those windows no longer works.

WinXP Pro

AMD 3200+

1.25 GB ram

as far as I know, When you minimize to RK launcher it actually just moves it off screen. when you alt+tab to one of them you actually are focused on the window you wanted, except it's off screen.

either click it on the dock to maximize or alt+space to access the window menu and move it or restore it.

The Aladdin Lamp effect does not work with my machine, when I attempt to minimise a window my computer locks up & only releases when I exit the window by clicking the close button. Also sometimes it keeps phantom windows in the dock after they have been closed, they disappear when you click on them in the dock though.

XP Pro

X800 Pro 256 Meg

512 meg ram

AMD 2700

5.10 Catalyst Drivers.

I guess this is a bug, maybe its just the way it is anyway i don't have in problems expect when i minamize it a black border goes around the top of the windows and the window becomes really pixalated, also i found out the y'z shadow slows it down a lot without it it is extremely smooth with it the animation is a little jaggy, i'll put my specs if that will help

Windows professional sp2

Ati X850XT Platium Edition

AMD 4400+ dual core cpu

1 gb of ram

all the lastest drivers installed

i hope this helps its by the way its a awesome app

RK Dock won't save the settings under the "Performance" tab for me. I've always had trouble getting it to save things - the previous .4 build that I had wouldn't save the label colors - now it does -thanks! Still, it'd be nice if it would remember that I had set it to High, and both sliders all the way to smooth.

I don't use the Aladdin effect - it's pretty nice, but it is too slow (it takes a second to initialize, and then animates smoothly - don't know if this is a necessary initialization or a programmable thing) for me. I also don't minimize to the Dock, mostly because there are some programs that don't do so well with that (not your fault, I understand). Overall, very impressive release - just wish I could get it to animate less quickly ("smoothly") after restart. =)

Oh, sorry - system specs: Athlon 64 2800+, 1.25 GB PC2700 RAM, XP Pro, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700...what else? =P

you probably kept the old RKLauncher.conf and that's why your settings won't change...