RK Launcher v0.4 - BUG REPORTS

raduking

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great program, which is exactly what I needed! I've tried so many shortcut subsitutes, but this comes off the best.

I've had problems using OD's dockets. So far I've tried 3, and all of them acts weird. i.e. it's as if i mouse clicked and holding them and moving it around the screen. This happens after clicking once or accessing docket properties.

But since i did not keep any of the OD dockets, it's not a problem for me any more... haha...

However, the following problem really puts me off using the program... It is mentioned twice in this forum, but no one responded... So I'd like to post it again.

The problem is with the "minimize to dock".

1. I have outlook on all the time, and is in the minimize excluded list.

2. Problem comes when I minimize MSN chat window to the dock, and THEN minimize outlook to taskbar...

I immediately get a black icon beside the MSN icon in the dock, and also, I get MSN in taskbar. When I click on the task bar, it does nothing. When I click on the black icon, it does nothing (at least I can't see it). The worse thing is, it's really hard to get the original MSN window back. The only thing is to exit the dock. (since if i try other things, i might loose the msg in MSN)

It seems that minimize to dock doesn't work well with chat windows... AIM acts weird too.

If that's solved, this is the sweetest program i've ever downloaded.

I had faced a similar problem and mentioned it a week ago.

here's the link to my post:http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...4&postcount=158

I get this very frequently. Its odd that many people are not facing this problem.

I'll give you another example of the occurance of this problem:

1)open a pdf file and minimise it onto the dock.

2)now open another pdf file

3)you will not get to see the second file on the screen (because it has actually opened in the minimised window in the dock. You'll see the file if you maximise the docked one)

5)The second instance is however visible on the taskbar as a tab and when you click on that it will appear as a black icon in the dock.

6) repeat this with 100 more pdfs and you'll have 100 black icons in the dock.

Great program, which is exactly what I needed! I've tried so many shortcut subsitutes, but this comes off the best.

I've had problems using OD's dockets. So far I've tried 3, and all of them acts weird. i.e. it's as if i mouse clicked and holding them and moving it around the screen. This happens after clicking once or accessing docket properties.

But since i did not keep any of the OD dockets, it's not a problem for me any more... haha...

However, the following problem really puts me off using the program... It is mentioned twice in this forum, but no one responded... So I'd like to post it again.

The problem is with the "minimize to dock".

1. I have outlook on all the time, and is in the minimize excluded list.

2. Problem comes when I minimize MSN chat window to the dock, and THEN minimize outlook to taskbar...

I immediately get a black icon beside the MSN icon in the dock, and also, I get MSN in taskbar. When I click on the task bar, it does nothing. When I click on the black icon, it does nothing (at least I can't see it). The worse thing is, it's really hard to get the original MSN window back. The only thing is to exit the dock. (since if i try other things, i might loose the msg in MSN)

It seems that minimize to dock doesn't work well with chat windows... AIM acts weird too.

If that's solved, this is the sweetest program i've ever downloaded.

I get this very frequently. Its odd that many people are not facing this problem.

Hei, man, don't despair! Many of us have this problem: if u open the same application twice and then click on the windows taskbar u got the black icon stuff (or something like that). I belive that RK is aware of that fact and he will fix that (if he can!), but time is not a developer's good friend! So, sit tight and wait for the next release!

my very on old post with a video

Hei, man, don't despair! Many of us have this problem: if u open the same application twice and then click on the windows taskbar u got the black icon stuff (or something like that). I belive that RK is aware of that fact and he will fix that (if he can!), but time is not a developer's good friend! So, sit tight and wait for the next release!

my very on old post with a video

as long as RK is aware of it, fine.

Else it would be a pity if bug nags such a beautiful piece of software.

got a little news about this symantec antivirus tamper-attack thing in corp. v10. problem is present even in older rklaucher versions like v0.3. maybe that helps.

this tamper-attack thing is quite annoying, must be an false alarm, but sadly makes rklaucher un-usable because of permanent symantec av tamper-attack counts.

B²

I will not fix this problem because it is not a RK Launcher problem.

It's a stupid Symantec problem and that's why I don't use their products and I advise anyone against them.

There are thousants of better antiviruses that don't slow down your computer like this thing does...

The problem comes from the fact that I use a Win32 Hook to trap the window minimize action

and Symantec just decided for you that no application should be able to do that...

In the end it's your decision what apps to use...

I have to say that the below mentioned issue is happening with me all of a sudden also.

I alsohave programs that will not shrink to the dock at times and sometimes the only fix is to go into the dock properties and out again. Happens with IE6 and notepad and gravity newsreader to name a few. Reget deluxe will also not shrink to the dock. It's happening sporadically.

I had faced a similar problem and mentioned it a week ago.

here's the link to my post:http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...4&postcount=158

I'll give you another example of the occurance of this problem:

1)open a pdf file and minimise it onto the dock.

2)now open another pdf file

3)you will not get to see the second file on the screen (because it has actually opened in the minimised window in the dock. You'll see the file if you maximise the docked one)

5)The second instance is however visible on the taskbar as a tab and when you click on that it will appear as a black icon in the dock.

6) repeat this with 100 more pdfs and you'll have 100 black icons in the dock.

i have this problem when i go to a programs dock item properties and change the icon when i am in the browse windows looking for a icon the try and move the icon it shakes or disappears until i let go of the mouse button (happens after i change the docks icon and then go to change it again, 6/10 times results in the launcher quiting)

I've been using nightly build version .4 build 152 for a while now and it has been workomg perfectly for me. I just downloaded .4 beta from the website thinking it was a more updated release, and now nothing minimizes to the launcher anymore. The window remains in the foreground and creates multiple minimized windows on the launcher bar :(

Is there any way I can get a copy of the version I used to have since it worked fine for me? I tried the download link here in the forums but got a 404 :( Many thanks in advance for help! :)

In version 0.3b you could right click recycle bin (in rk launcher) and select empty. It would then empty directly if that setting was selected under properties for recycle bin on desktop in XP.

With version 0.4b it alwasy comes up with a question asking if you want to empty recycle bin, this is the first error (it no longer takes the setting from recycle bin on desktop)

The second error about recycle bin is that the dialog box comes up behind other active windows. i.e. it you have a window up and select empty recycle bin from rk launcher you don't see the dialog box because it places it self below other active windows instead of on top.

please fix these little errors to next rev.

Other than that I LOVE RK Launcher - it rocks!!! :D

ps. any one know where to get the themes and backrounds for RK L?

....The second error about recycle bin is that the dialog box comes up behind other active windows. i.e. it you have a window up and select empty recycle bin from rk launcher you don't see the dialog box because it places it self below other active windows instead of on top.

same here. thought i was the only one.