Adium X port for Windows?

miranda is nowhere near adium or even trillian. it lacks basic functions. no away messages and last time I used it, you can't even order your contact list how you want.

I was frustratred with it at first too, but now I can see MSN status messages and set my own per-contact ones too.

I have found that Modern contact_list_layered (although in alpha) is really quite flexible and it does take a bit more effort to sort out compared to adium, but in the long run it is most satisfying. So while I wait for some one with the know-how to try to port adium, and I'm still too poor to pay for Trillian Pro, I'll stick with Miranda.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you people still debating Adium for Win when Miranda has nearly all, and perhaps exceeds, it's capablilties already? I realize Miranda can be a bit of a pain to configure, with all it's plugins, options and whatnot, but it's quite worth the effort if one takes to time to do so.

It one wants all of Adium's cute icons, message and clist styles, those can be ported, as quite a few already have.

Just my humble opinion...

Yeh its a bit of a pain to configure, oh and those crashes, I LOVE THEM.

Why are you people still debating Adium for Win when Miranda has nearly all, and perhaps exceeds, it's capablilties already? I realize Miranda can be a bit of a pain to configure, with all it's plugins, options and whatnot, but it's quite worth the effort if one takes to time to do so.

It one wants all of Adium's cute icons, message and clist styles, those can be ported, as quite a few already have.

Just my humble opinion...

yes but, even though they can be ported, they still look like major ass. there rough, no shadow under them. all i want is them to be nice looking, round corners and a shadow under it, that looks good. not that ****ty shadow already in it.

Well...Adium and Gaim both use libgaim...couldn't someone make some changes to gaim...actually gaim 2.0 should be released soon, maybe we should wait until we see what gaim 2.0 looks like.

I've seen some pics online from people who compiled the CVS apparently and from the looks of those pics 2.0 seems like what we have currently just a little bit cleaner. Nothing too drastic. Hopefully when it's actually released there some difference.

Whoa, first post :cool:

Hey Guys, I'm currently working on an AdiumX skin for Miranda's Modern Contatc List Layered plugin.

Its not pixelperfect, but this is mainly because I created it for my own use and did not like some parts of Adiums Interface, but those parts are almost not recogniseable. Everything else is due to the limitations of the skinning engine.

Screenie

Everything you see is functional, but its not ready for releasing yet.... For example, I don't get the stupid scrollbar to work :)

Expect a release in a few weeks, when I got everything to work as it should.

Cheers, Phil

Hey Guys, I'm currently working on an AdiumX skin for Miranda's Modern Contatc List Layered plugin.

Its not pixelperfect, but this is mainly because I created it for my own use and did not like some parts of Adiums Interface, but those parts are almost not recogniseable. Everything else is due to the limitations of the skinning engine.

Screenie

Everything you see is functional, but its not ready for releasing yet.... For example, I don't get the stupid scrollbar to work :)

Cheers, Phil

That looks awesome dude! Might actually make me switch back!

it can be ported! no it can't! can!...can't! can can can!....

enough chit chat guys and gals.....stop debating if it can or cannot be done....if you think it can then make a new thread and others who want to help can post into it those who havent the knowledge can just leave it....this stupid bickering is wasting time.....

Screenie

Cheers, Phil

I would so use that! Dont need betatesters by any chance now do you ;)