Firefox Skinning Guide

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I have a quick question.

I'm using the Safire theme on Firefox 1.5 (alongside Steve Grenier's Tiger theme in WB, if that makes any difference) and trying to get the OSX-style scroll arrows, however after inputting the code in my userChrome, it's only affecting the Bookmarks sidebar area. It's not THAT big of a deal, but I'm just curious as to why it's not affecting the regular scrollbar arrows?

I searched the site, but if this has been explained before I apologize. :)

I suppose here are more FF2 users, than FF1.5. There are many tutorials how to skin FF1.5 but less FF2 tutorials and they are what we need.
You read my mind i tried to use some stuff here but my firefox died and had to reinstall, hope someone could make a ff2 tutorial.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I realize that this is probably somewhere in this thread, but for the life of me I can't remember what its called, so its not exactly easy to search for it.

untitledai4.jpg

I'm talking about the little arrow to the right of the forward button. Does anyone remember how to get rid of this? I'm pretty sure its a userchrome code, But I'm not smart enough to come up with that stuff myself. ;)

• 1 month later...

This has been a really helpful thread ... i've been making quite a few tweaks thanks to the great posts out here...

I have a query ... I am using FF 2.0 and I want to get rid of the small thumbnails in the bookmark menu that I have encircled in red ...

issuesm3.th.jpg

I tried doing the following -

about:config

browswer.chrome.favicons - set to "false"

broswer.chrome.site_icons - set to "false" ... there was a tweak in tne mozilla site that said bookmark icons could be gotten rid of in this manner...

however... nothing has occured...

it'ld be great if someone could tell me wht to put in userchrome.css to get rid of the icons in the bookmark menu

Thanks!

Ananda

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm currently modding the Truth-K skin to fit my personal Leopard styles. Could somebody please

tell me how to change background of the bookmarks-toolbar in Firefox 2? The trick by InPac

doesn't seem to work in FF2 and I really hate this white bar...

ff2skinbug.png

This will never been released... I have no permission for this.

[Edit]

Okay... In the moment I've posted this question I've found the solution... :mad:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...17&postcount=26

How can I get FireFox's Downloads Window to look like Safari's?

I saw a picture from one of those Pixel Perfect FireFox/Safari Mods and it had a fully modded, 1:1 Downloads Window, but it was for an earlier FireFox version.

Look at the screen shot (Right, regular FireFox downloads, left is Safari's and how I want to make it look): http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=safari2hc.png

I am actullay looking for the exact same thing. Where can I edit the downloads window?

Hi i hope someone could help me, I have read the entire guide like 3 times and copied to usercrome the solution given here to get rid of the space between toolbars but nothing works, Heres is what my usercrome has written on:

/*

* Edit this file and copy it as userChrome.css into your

* profile-directory/chrome/

*/

/*

* This file can be used to customize the look of Mozilla's user interface

* You should consider using !important on rules which you want to

* override default settings.

*/

/*

* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning

*/

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/applebutton.css");

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

/* Remove separators between toolbars*/

#toolbar-menubar {

min-height: 12px !important;

padding: 0px !important;

margin: 0px !important;

border: none !important;

}

#nav-bar {

padding: 0px !important;

}

#PersonalToolbar {

}

#navigator-toolbox {

border-bottom-width: 0px !important;

}

The first screenshot is iswiss screenshot i'm trying to achieve, The second one shows the space im trying to get rid of, Thanks for any help ;)

post-16-1186623354_thumb.jpg

post-52001-1186623354_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...