Firefox Skinning Guide

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The file format shouldn't matter, just replace or move the current google icon. If the icon looks squished, you need to edit the skin itself. Download the skin you are using again, and open the skin with winrar. Next, open the browser folder and scroll down till you see the 'searchbar.css' file. Open it and scroll all the way to the bottom till you see '.searchbar-engine-image'. Change the width to 17, save it and click yes to update the archive. Re-install the skin and there you go. This would take you like 40 seconds, not that hard. Have fun ;)

I figured out how to change the page, in Safire you just add:

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/graybackground.css");

Another question:

Did anybody ever figure out an effective method for putting the grayed Google in the Search bar in Firefox 1.5, I searched this and found two threads, but both were kind of inconclusive. Can it just not be done?

Thank You.

I figured out how to change the page, in Safire you just add:

Did anybody ever figure out an effective method for putting the grayed Google in the Search bar in Firefox 1.5, I searched this and found two threads, but both were kind of inconclusive. Can it just not be done?

Thank You.

Nope, but its in firefox 2.0

And it changes based on which search engine is displayed.

I've tried both, together and independently, but still before it loads a page grayed out at the top the words Mozilla Firefox are displayed, it might be before it loads the extensions, because you never see it again after that. You might not see it because your computer is too fast, maybe. Thank You.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Change the identity of the browser

The whole web can identify our dear browser like SAFARI, and our "dear" PC like a Mac. You can do this mainly to open a .Mac account without having a Mac at home. However, this will make that all the pages detect our browser like Safari, which can generate problems (Some problems with gmail and Wordpress can arise) since some tools are restricted to the standard navigators. OK, here are the steps:

1. Open Firefox.

2. In the bar of addresses, write "about:config" (without quotes).

3. A list of many configurations will appear. In any place, right button > New > Chain.

4. The name of the chain is "general.useragent.override" (without quotes).

5. The value is Safari 1.2 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us).

um you press customize and drag everything into the empty space....then hide the nav bar by unchecking it.....that gets rid of the gap....

now to get rid of the border put this in the userchrome.css using the cromedit extension

#toolbar-menubar {

min-height: 12px !important;

padding-right: 0px !important;

margin-right: 0px !important;

border: none !important;

}

#nav-bar {

padding: 0px !important;

}

#PersonalToolbar {