New Aqua System

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@enjoilax: thank you mate, your comment is very encouraging.

Excuse me again for my lack of english comprension, but I'm italian: can you explain in other words what does mean "face on as well"? Maybe you mean that folders are in oblique view?

Hey... can I have a response please? :cool:

//Posts Merged. -NC

What I meant is that instead of being viewed at angle, you would be seeing the folders face forward.

The purpose of this set is a complete system replacement, including icons for applications. Infact, I'm currently working on other icons such as Mail, Finder and System Preferences.

That would be awesome, really lovely folders, keep up the good job!

• 4 weeks later...

I already removed shadows on badges from all sizes (was an hard decision, but shadows was altering the readability of icons) and removed fuzzy edges.

New versions of icons with these improvements will come as soon i retrieve my Powerbook.

Yes, I already made Microsoft Office folder, Desktop folder, Applications, Classic and a lot are arriving.

@PureLogic: You mean that 16x16 version must be a bit fuzzier?

Tell me your opinion. You're welcome.

Nope, they need to be more crisp with harder outlines like the originals:

New Aqua @ 16 px:

picture26ox.png

Aqua Default @ 16 px:

picture19yh.png

Also notice how the right part of the Aqua Default folders stand out more on different backgrounds as where yours fade-in way too much:

New Aqua and Aqua @ 56 px:

picture39zc.png

Like I said before, I think your icons are great and I'd definitely use them but they need to be refined a bit. ;)

Thank you very much, PureLogic. You noted these 2 "imperfections" that so do i already noted.

You're right for the right slide of folder. I'll try to give less transparency adjusting the sky color in the right way.

The 16 size will be harder to improve. This just because, if you note, the old aqua version, for obtain the crisp effect, if more contrasted and aliased. I hate aliasing, and love smoothness.

I'll try to find the right compromise between crispness and smoothness.

If someone notes any other imperfection that i didn't, don't hesitate.

Your suggestion will be evaluated, that's a good way for improving.

And that's a reason because I opened a discussion on New Aqua System. :)

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is wow, i like it a lot! i think this is my favorite set on aqua-soft this summer. Keep it up :)

By the way, NO don't google for "leopard screenshot" I heard about a virus that was in a package containing something named like that (i think "latestpics")

Plus, you'll just find mockups. i doubt any real stuff...