FindeXer

Never mind,

I found the problem finally!!

I use to have a tweak tool called "chip powertool" installed and running. There was "always show treeview in explorer" checked.

I found in some other forum. Why it took me so long to find the problem, is because I uninstalled this tool long before, but "always show treeview in explorer" adjustment remained.

I now reinstalled the tool, unchecked this option, and - tada

findexer loads on default - and I love it!

Just for those who might experience something similar - check your twaek tools;-)

thanks a lot!

Martin

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, we have settled in, in a temporary location, so I am updating the site (both infrastructure and content) - I am sorry for any difficulties you may experience for the next day or so... :(

On the bright side... This means some updates are coming ;)

[update :] Site backend is done - so all the links should be working again, I will be updating and playing with the theme and content for then next 24 hours as well - so there might still be a few "mishaps" (but only for short whiles). I will update again when i am done.

this may seem like a stupid question, but how do you setup this prog so it has automatic drive detection? I have looked through all the options and I cannot seem to find it. I would like to be when I connect my ipod or put in a cd, the icon would show up in the findexer bar. Is this possible and if so, how? Terrific program, thank you much for creating it.

Hey.. can anyone help me with this..

I have installed findxer..and it works.. but the only prob i have is that i have to Check mark Findxer from View>ExplorerBar>Findxer..

I mean everytime i close all the folders or my computer..next time i open them..i have to check findxer again.. .. Isnt there a way to set it permanently? atleast as long as i want.. instead of checking it ON everytime..i open my computer..

Thanks in advance.

Hey.. can anyone help me with this..

I have installed findxer..and it works.. but the only prob i have is that i have to Check mark Findxer from View>ExplorerBar>Findxer..

I mean everytime i close all the folders or my computer..next time i open them..i have to check findxer again.. .. Isnt there a way to set it permanently? atleast as long as i want.. instead of checking it ON everytime..i open my computer..

Thanks in advance.

Read the thread.

Pimp i didnt had anything called chip powertool.. i have TweakUI ..and i guess it doesnt have any options about my computer's view>explorer bar.. and yeah ive tried un-installing the tweak and make findxer load as default..but still didnt work..i still have to CHECK mark findxer everytime i open my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic alianyn. You've really created a useful addition to explorer without the instability associated with previous solutions. Definitely worthy of my donation, I hope you continue development.

Although having said that I wonder if Vista allows for customizable shell styles in a similar manner.