FindeXer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a slightly newer version he released over at Hollywood GUI, but not any major revisions.

do you mind posting a link since hollywoodgui is inaccesiable to us common foke

do you mind posting a link since hollywoodgui is inaccesiable to us common foke

No, how/when a developer decides to release their creations is up to them. My only suggestion would be to contact him or make a donation. Money's always a great motivator!

Aqua-soft is pretty clear on this in our Forum Guidelines. Anyone posting a link without the author's permission will be banned for at least one day.

• 3 months later...

Dear all,

I am new in this customizing application... i read this thread but still get confused, is it possible to make FindeXer load as default in every windows explorer? if yes, how to make it? i have made "Load findeXer as default in every windows explorer" setting was checked, but i still get 'normal' windows explorer. I'm using the latest version of FindeXer...

Thanks

i mean every time i open explorer its just the normal view without findeXer and i must go to view-->explorer bar-->FindeXer, then the findeXer loaded.

how to make it automaticly loaded everytime i open explorer? i have checked the "load findexer in every explorer window by default" box

thanks

i mean every time i open explorer its just the normal view without findeXer and i must go to view-->explorer bar-->FindeXer, then the findeXer loaded.

how to make it automaticly loaded everytime i open explorer? i have checked the "load findexer in every explorer window by default" box

thanks

I had the same problem before.

Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab, then uncheck "Launch folder windows in a separate process."

• 4 weeks later...
same thing on my explorer. after changing a icon in findexer, all icons in explorer (list view) disappear. If I switch to another view like icon view, the icons work, but list and details no icons.

For me, I have to log out and back in and the everything is normal again ;)

Are you using IconPackager too? Wonder if it's a program conflict or something...

If you are, or have TweakUI installed, you can just rebuild the icon cache to fix the icons instead of logging out.

Edit: Since it's already been requested for an option to open items in a new window (for use with qttabbar), is there a snippet we can add to the paths to launch the items in a new window?

can you use this in vista?

I'm interested in this as well, but I don't think there is any Vista compatibility yet.

I tried adding /n to the path for one of my items in the finder bar (command line to open it in a new window) and it didn't work. :( When I go back to edit the item again, the /n is missing. *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...