Icy Radio

Hi all.

I'm new here. First Thanks ksoft for this amazing piece of software. I started to use it time ago (version 0.1) in my old pc. Now I have a new one, with vista and I finally search for a new version. I have version 0.1 installed and working. I just download version 0.5 and I got this "can't connect to internet" message. First I allowed access to internet but nothing was solved. So I shutdown my firewall and tried again. Same result. I cannot use it. The version 0.1 is fine but not the version 0.5.

I have not a proxy. Just vista firewall (Sorry, comodo 3 is not working for me, many bugs and zonealarm is interfering with xampp for my development).

Any ideas to try?

Thanks in advance for your time

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all.

I'm new here. First Thanks ksoft for this amazing piece of software. I started to use it time ago (version 0.1) in my old pc. Now I have a new one, with vista and I finally search for a new version. I have version 0.1 installed and working. I just download version 0.5 and I got this "can't connect to internet" message. First I allowed access to internet but nothing was solved. So I shutdown my firewall and tried again. Same result. I cannot use it. The version 0.1 is fine but not the version 0.5.

I have not a proxy. Just vista firewall (Sorry, comodo 3 is not working for me, many bugs and zonealarm is interfering with xampp for my development).

Any ideas to try?

Thanks in advance for your time

Notuo,

In all problem cases which I remember with IcyRadio was guilty Firewall.

In 2nd page Ripper007 had problen like this and it was firewall.

You can try reset all Your firewall settings:

http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/resetfw.htm

and maybe try to rename netradio.exe (comodo firewall, for example, asked again if the file was renamed )?

Hope this helps! :)

kftrainer,

It can be problem in low network speed (if browser refresh pages on start) if sound freezing.

If OS freezed - maybe problem in CPU or HDD speed?

Is this problem only with IcyRadio?

Ripper 007, Thanks! :)

KSoft you should try your hand at ObjectDock Docklets and create a docklet for this I would love to have one.

Ghostwalker, Thanks for idea. I'm not sure that I can place all elements which I want on docklet, maybe something like IcyRadio Remote Control? I need to make set of messages for it (like in Winamp), I think.

• 2 weeks later...

HEllo, first, sorry for my english, and thx for your amazing app.

I like the look and obviusly the size :P but... i have a little problem, in my windows vista laptop works perfect but in my desktop pc(windows xp) i cant see the radio window, but i can do all other stuff(surf/search/play/etc).

I can ear the radio stations but i want to see the window :s

Is S.O. problem?

I need to instal vista to can use it at 100%?

I hope you can help me and please keep going

nicw work