Setting standard size for windows

this is just for windows explorer:

open a new window -> and then open a window again,

set second windows size to whatever you wish

and while pressing ctrl & shift, close the resized window (second opened) and then close the first one. there you go, you have permanently resized your windows explorer ;) if you open a new window after this process you can see your settings remembered.

weird way i know. but it's working for ages for me (since win 98! :))

I hate to be a bitc h, but assuming I understand your request correctly, a search would have brought up a dozen of helpful threads.

Try AutoSizer, seems to do what your looking for.

False. There is nearly no thread with could help to my problem. I'm always first trying the search and after ours with results I decided to start a new thread ;)

//Edit: I know this problem, but I'm searchig for a way without using external programs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tossing out an alternative:

If you're into mousegestures I use StrokeIt to resize my windows by drawing a line towards the right, it's very efficient and it ended my quest to resolve the problem. It's free, quick, easy to set up, works on normal folders as well as Explorer (you can probably set it up to work globally on all windows no matter what app it is). And mousegestures are wonderful in general :)

bilderman20070521122728oo5.png

Just tossing out an alternative:

If you're into mousegestures I use StrokeIt to resize my windows by drawing a line towards the right, it's very efficient and it ended my quest to resolve the problem. It's free, quick, easy to set up, works on normal folders as well as Explorer (you can probably set it up to work globally on all windows no matter what app it is). And mousegestures are wonderful in general :)

//Image Snipped. -NC

What is mousegestures ? infact i think i ill search google :P and thanks for the link :)