1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • ...Vista?¿? .... OS X !!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iMac : launch vmware fusion, forget to shutdown the virtual machine (the no UI philosophy is horrible, your vms are mixed, can't access the start menu ...)

Start your virtual machine in parallels desktop : Boom ! Kernel Panic

Vista : Parallels + VirtualBox (the other free virtualisation software) = no crash.

Vista seems to handle very vell what I give him :P

Whaat I miss on Mac is the ctrl alt del (well i use ctrl shit esc under vista so it opens directly the task manager), the apple alt espace (can't remember that shorcut :/) doesn't work very well with fullscreen games, while in windows vista it works 9/10 times.

NC : Have you tried to kill drwatson before killing explorer.exe ? I remember drwstn.exe (or however it's named) was preventing me to kill it when I acceded network.

It has crashed on me, but it's more of an error from the software I downloaded. I installed some burning software and there was a power surge and when I turned the computer back on, it had an error that Windows needs to be restored to it's old settings. So I reinstalled.

Another time was when I was playing Counter Strike, I wanted to see how Steam friendly Vista was. And when I installed drivers for my mic, it also crashed and also had to reinstall. More or less, my fault for the programs.

I used to have a very slow Windows XP software in a Win98 hardware, but It never crashed. Now I've just bought a new Vista laptop and I've had it for about 2 months and at least has crashed about 7 times... I knew I shouldn't bought it, I should've bought the macbook but I couldn't afford it...:(

Astyanax maybe it's you who is a prone user, because I used Windows XP it doesn't mean that I dunno how to use Vista. It's exactly the same as Windows XP, it has nothing new, the only changes I've seen on it is the interface, the skins, and the Office 2007, because everything in there is EXACTLY the same. I wish I could have the black Macbook, it's so cool and it's way of operating is so smooth and easy... easy as pie...

;)

A friend of mine has white Macbook and I've done very cool presentations on it with iLife for college. My friends and my girlfriend were so impressed after the proffesor put as an A+ and we were the only ones who got it. //Come on man, read the rules. I don't want to hear about that kind of stuff...keep this family-safe. -NC

Astyanax maybe it's you who is a prone user, because I used Windows XP it doesn't mean that I dunno how to use Vista. It's exactly the same as Windows XP, it has nothing new, the only changes I've seen on it is the interface, the skins, and the Office 2007, because everything in there is EXACTLY the same.

UAC is a new feature

Personalization of the desktop is redesigned... I don't care for it, but it's completely different than XP.

Search function is greatly improved.

Task manager is improved.

Explorer layout and functionality is 10x better than XP.

Networking is completely different than XP.

You now have full control of the firewall config.

Shall I continue?

You are one of the morons who believes everything you read in blogs.

Chances are high that you have never owned a full blown copy of Vista.

Vista Home doesn't count... that thing is stripped to badly to be functional or useful to anyone but a 3rd grader.

You DO have to re-learn how to do a lot of things in Vista as they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from XP.

Astyanax maybe it's you who is a prone user, because I used Windows XP it doesn't mean that I dunno how to use Vista. It's exactly the same as Windows XP, it has nothing new, the only changes I've seen on it is the interface, the skins, and the Office 2007, because everything in there is EXACTLY the same. I wish I could have the black Macbook, it's so cool and it's way of operating is so smooth and easy... easy as pie...

;)

A friend of mine has white Macbook and I've done very cool presentations on it with iLife for college. My friends and my girlfriend were so impressed after the proffesor put as an A+ and we were the only ones who got it. //Come on man, read the rules. I don't want to hear about that kind of stuff...keep this family-safe. -NC

Yes your absolutely right. Im terribly sorry. It's all my fault that you're crashing your computer. Wont happen again i promise.

Nothing new? Hey I got an idea, why don't you crawl out from under that rock you live and get some real information. Quit being a bandwagon fanboy.

Look I didn't mean to pull you into reality so fast like that.

Tell ya what, you can crit any Windows OS you want, but not until Apple designs its own Kernal instead of using a Unix based one.

(trying to not rip this guy a new one as I can see hes missing a few things inside his head, one being a brain)

EDIT:

Erm wait a sec... what do you mean im user prone? User prone to what? Ignorant fools like you? Yeah, I'd say thats dead on correct.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i hate vista! yeah it looks good & impressive but eversince i had it last july 2007 and up to now... i had 5 reformats. so its like evry month i had 2 restore it in its out-of-the-box state. playing videos are like headache to me... especially whenever i open my videos folder and bam! there goes com surrogate! i had applications that won't install properly... i like 2 customize my pc but i cant the last thing that happened 2 me was after i turned on my laptop, then what i do is i leave it until it finishes reading stuffs... and the next thing... it hangs. b4 even just moving the cursor my system stops. help me! its like every month i had 2 install, itunes, quicktime, safari, firefox..... ughh! now i cant even use deskscapes or dreamscenes!

{{EDIT}}

oh yeah i got a laptop pre-installed with a vista ultimate... and oh yeah that blue screen of terror! ughhh! i hate it! help! help!

You should have taken the laptop back.

Sounds like you got a crappy build.

First thing I do is wipe the pre-installed build and do a clean one.

DO NOT USE THE RECOVERY DISKS.

There are some vendors that still try and load a ton of crap into their basic build that is not compatible with Vista.

My grandfathers Gateway was like that... died all the time.

I did a true clean install with a Vista install CD and he has not had a problem since then.

Gateway was NO help at all. They insisted he keep reloading the restore CD.

Any Vista CD will work since they contain all the versions of Vista on one CD.

Just use the CD Key that came with your system to activate it.

I haven't found many problems with vista. Surprisingly it hasn't crashed on me once yet :P . There are things I don't like about it though, first it uses like 59% of my 1GB of memory MINIMUM and a lot of games/some programs don't work with vista. Other than that it's good.. I like the

Go read up on Superfetch.

It doesn't "use" 59% of your memory, it pre-loads programs that you use the most into memory to make them load faster.

If another program needs more memory, Vist will dump the preloaded programs and give the memory to the active program.

Vista itself hasn't crashed on me... but practically every program I have has crashed on me at least once because of Vista.

They didn't crash "because of Vista", they crashed because THE PROGRAMS were no 100% compatible with Vista.

It's the programs fault they crashed, not Vista's.

Or to be more precise, it was YOUR fault they crashed because you ASSUMED they would run under Vista. ;)